Barcode pages/ order of forms

Old Aug 15th 2020, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Antwerp_Belgian is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Barcode pages/ order of forms

Hello all,

I'm pretty much ready to send in my application and just double checking the signatures, forms etc.
What order would you recommend for the application package?
On the IRCC Guide 5525 I read:

The order of documents should be as follows:
  • checklist;
  • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
  • any barcode pages;
  • supporting documents, in the order they’re listed on the checklist
Additional question: where do the actual forms go in the order of this list?

But on the BE wiki I read:
  • Arrange your forms in the order of the checklist, put your completed checklist on top, then put the generated barcode pages on top of the checklist (so that it is the very top page)
So barcodes on top of checklist, where IRCC says checklist then barcodes.
So you separate the barcode pages from the forms they're attached to and put them right after the checklist?
I assume the receipt of fees goes right after the barcode pages then.
So:

Checklist
Barcode pages
Receipt of fees
My own index
Forms (including sheets added to forms where I ran out of space)
Additional documents (letters of support etc)
Photos of our relationship (separate envelope)
PR photos (separate envelope)

Last question for a while, I think! Thanks again for the help.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barcode pages/ order of forms

Originally Posted by Antwerp_Belgian
Hello all,

I'm pretty much ready to send in my application and just double checking the signatures, forms etc.
What order would you recommend for the application package?
On the IRCC Guide 5525 I read:

The order of documents should be as follows:
  • checklist;
  • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
  • any barcode pages;
  • supporting documents, in the order they’re listed on the checklist
Additional question: where do the actual forms go in the order of this list?

But on the BE wiki I read:
  • Arrange your forms in the order of the checklist, put your completed checklist on top, then put the generated barcode pages on top of the checklist (so that it is the very top page)
So barcodes on top of checklist, where IRCC says checklist then barcodes.
So you separate the barcode pages from the forms they're attached to and put them right after the checklist?
I assume the receipt of fees goes right after the barcode pages then.
So:

Checklist
Barcode pages
Receipt of fees
My own index
Forms (including sheets added to forms where I ran out of space)
Additional documents (letters of support etc)
Photos of our relationship (separate envelope)
PR photos (separate envelope)

Last question for a while, I think! Thanks again for the help.
If you read the IRCC help pages carefully, in one place they say checklist, followed by barcodes followed by forms in same order as checklist. Further down the page it says barcodes in front, then checklist then forms in order of checklist!

So take your pick, it wont matter either way, they certainly won't reject solely on this! But definitely barcodes separate from the document that generated them as they are used for indexing your file.

PS - I don't know what 'my own index' is, but if they have not asked for it, then they don't want it.

Last edited by Hurlabrick; Aug 15th 2020 at 2:07 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Thanks! So the exact order of checklist vs barcodes can be flipped. Um yeah, so "my own index" is a list of what is contained in the application package in the exact order that it is listed. For example:
  • Receipt of fees
  • Checklist
  • Form xxx
  • Extra sheet form xxx
  • PR photos (see envelope)
  • Letter of support John Doe
etc.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! So the exact order of checklist vs barcodes can be flipped. Um yeah, so "my own index" is a list of what is contained in the application package in the exact order that it is listed. For example:
  • Receipt of fees
  • Checklist
  • Form xxx
  • Extra sheet form xxx
  • PR photos (see envelope)
  • Letter of support John Doe
etc.
No need for you own index, they will only 'tisk' and throw it away. Their initial 'completeness check' will be using the checklist against the actual forms and attachments you sent in (briefly checking each form for completeness and signatures etc.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 3:12 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
No need for you own index, they will only 'tisk' and throw it away. Their initial 'completeness check' will be using the checklist against the actual forms and attachments you sent in (briefly checking each form for completeness and signatures etc.
Many people include a table of contents or appendix to show where they have included additional documents to support their application... much as you did yourself! Spousal sponsorship paperwork organisation

Whilst older, these posts are useful.

Nearly ready...
Nearly ready...
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...application.3F

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 16th 2020 at 3:16 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2020, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Table of contents was a better term for it than index, indeed. My bad. I did include it as you said, it just contains an overview. Thanks for the link to the relevant threads.
I sent everything in through FedEx International Priority last week and it arrived today (with signature of receipt).
Old Aug 25th 2020, 5:01 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Table of contents was a better term for it than index, indeed. My bad. I did include it as you said, it just contains an overview. Thanks for the link to the relevant threads.
I sent everything in through FedEx International Priority last week and it arrived today (with signature of receipt).
Hope it goes through quickly for you

In the meantime you can always hang around in our Maple Leaf forum for chit chat - or in our Canada forum if you need answers to anything to do with Canada -- and do update us on your application. as you go..

Good luck!