Nearly ready...

Old May 15th 2013, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

leg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant future
Default Nearly ready...

Okay, firstly THANK YOU for everyones help so far, your guidance has helped me so much through this whole process.

I am SO NEARLY ready to send off my application. As I've been organizing and putting together the application it is very apparent that many questions overlap and require the same/similar information.

I wondered if it is okay to cross reference and refer to separate attachments in response to questions. For example, on the sponsor questionnaire it asks for 'any additional details of your current relationship'. All our relationship proof and evidence is gathered under the 'sponsored partner questionnaire' and the additional 'proof of relationship' sections. Is it acceptable to cross reference to that evidence and documentation or do we require something from the perspective of the sponsor? Additionally, in the 'sponsored person' questionnaire, it asks for proof of common-law relationship eg lease agreements etc etc, it then asks again for the same thing under the 'immigration guide checklist-proof of relationship' section. Do I include it again, or cross reference to the sponsor questionnaire additional attachments (which I have clearly labeled with cover pages, stickies etc to correspond to the appropriate question...).

I guess so much of our evidence is attached to the back of the Sponsored person questionnaire in answer to the questions. I just worry they will miss something huge (like the lease agreements) because they are only listed under the sponsor questionnaire additional attachments section.

Confused.

Hel
Old May 15th 2013, 5:28 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nearly ready...

Not a problem.

When we did ours, we broke it into 5 sections:

A: Sponsor forms
B: Sponsor additional information
C: Sponsored person forms
D: Sponsored person additional information
E: Appendices

We included a table of contents, and we used binder dividers to separate each section, so the Appendices had something like:
1: Lease
2: Wedding paperwork
3: Copies of drivers licenses
etc etc

Then everywhere where the forms asked for additional stuff, we printed out a form that said "For further evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship, please refer to Section E, Appendices 1-10 included in our application package" ... or something generally along those lines. Wasn't an issue.

Just make sure that any cross-referencing you do is organised and obvious!

Hope that helps!
Old May 15th 2013, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

leg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant futureleg89 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Not a problem.

When we did ours, we broke it into 5 sections:

A: Sponsor forms
B: Sponsor additional information
C: Sponsored person forms
D: Sponsored person additional information
E: Appendices

We included a table of contents, and we used binder dividers to separate each section, so the Appendices had something like:
1: Lease
2: Wedding paperwork
3: Copies of drivers licenses
etc etc

Then everywhere where the forms asked for additional stuff, we printed out a form that said "For further evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship, please refer to Section E, Appendices 1-10 included in our application package" ... or something generally along those lines. Wasn't an issue.

Just make sure that any cross-referencing you do is organised and obvious!

Hope that helps!
Thank you .
So, just want to make sure I understand correctly. The additional sheets of paper and evidence you included in answer to the questionnaire questions, you combined and included at the end under 'appendices' clearly labeling what they are in response to?

I had originally grouped attachments that answered the sponsor questionnaire questions directly after the sponsor questionnaire, but if I understand you correctly then that sounds more organized and ensures everything that corresponds is together.
Old May 15th 2013, 7:05 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leg89
Thank you .
So, just want to make sure I understand correctly. The additional sheets of paper and evidence you included in answer to the questionnaire questions, you combined and included at the end under 'appendices' clearly labeling what they are in response to?

I had originally grouped attachments that answered the sponsor questionnaire questions directly after the sponsor questionnaire, but if I understand you correctly then that sounds more organized and ensures everything that corresponds is together.
Basically, if a document was specifically listed on the checklist, then we included it in the relevant section. Anything that we were including that didn't have a specific section, we included in the appendices. I found the document that had our table of contents, here's how we ordered it:

Contents

Document Checklists
Document Number Document Name
3 IMM 3901, Appendix A Country-Specific Instructions: West Europe (UK) Document Checklist
4 IMM 5491 Document Checklist
5 -- N/A

Sponsorship Forms
6 IMM 1344 Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking
7 IMM 5481 Sponsorship Evaluation
8 -- Receipt for Fee Payment
9 IMM 5540 Sponsor Questionnaire

Immigration Forms
10 IMM 0008 Generic Application Form for Canada
11 IMM 5669 Schedule A – Background / Declaration
12 IMM 5490 Spouse / Partner Questionnaire
13 IMM 5406 Additional Family Information

Supporting Documents - Sponsor
14 -- Canadian Passport
15 -- Explanation of Missing Option C Printout
16 -- Letter from Current Employer
17 -- Pay Slips – August 2010 to October 2011
18 -- Proof of Intention to Re-Establish in Canada

Supporting Documents – Sponsored Person
19 -- Identity and Civil Status Documents
20 -- Travel Documents and Passports
21 -- Proof of Relationship to Sponsor
22 -- Police Certificates and Clearances
23 -- Proof of Medical Examination
24 -- Photos

Appendices – Other Supporting Documentation
Document Description
A Statutory Declarations from friends and family
B Photos and Evidence of Trips
C Residential Lease
D Wedding Contract
E Bank Statements
F Utility Bills
G Phone Bills showing contact
H Photocopies of Drivers Licences
I Medical Insurance Coverage
J Copies of greeting cards received
Old May 15th 2013, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

That breakdown is extremely helpful, thank you.

Only thing is, most of the things you listed in your appendices (eg utlity bills/lease) do have a specific section as they are asked for during the sponsored person questionnaire. Although it does make complete sense to just answer the question by refering the IO to the appendices as it is way clearer and organized this way rather than having them wedged in amongst the other Immigration forms.

I suppose my question is; Did you add additional sheets of paper (eg listing 'development of relationship') directly after IMM5490, or did you also include that information under Appendices?
Old May 15th 2013, 7:34 pm
Concierge

A few things that were asked for multiple times, like the proof of relationship stuff (utility bills, etc) we put in the appendices, and then every time the checklists asked for them, we wrote the "for evidence, see appendices a-j...". Development of Relationship (aka my Mills & Boone novel that made my husband vomit) we put in the specific section where it was asked for. The appendices were basically the general "provide additional evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship".
Old May 15th 2013, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Understood, thank you !
I may have a couple more questions when I get home and have it in my hands, but thank you for your guidance SchnookoLoly!
Old May 15th 2013, 7:40 pm
Concierge

No worries, post any questions you have!