Att Jim Humphries...URGENT

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

dieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Att Jim Humphries...URGENT

This sounds like a nightmare...

I'm still waiting for a medical request after we received our 90 day letter back in Jan. We re-sent them an updated standard police checks from the UK (and also Australia as I'd lived there for a year.). This is already the second set of PCs we have sent them as the first PCs were given to them with our initial application back in 2005.

Will we also have to jump through these hoops to get the new police forms too? They can't possibly want us to send them our PCs three times!
We're living in Canada at the moment so we couldn't turn it around as fast as you either.

Just another worry to think about, thanks CHC!
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:58 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dieseltank

I'm still waiting for a medical request after we received our 90 day letter back in Jan. We re-sent them an updated standard police checks from the UK (and also Australia as I'd lived there for a year.). This is already the second set of PCs we have sent them as the first PCs were given to them with our initial application back in 2005.

Will we also have to jump through these hoops to get the new police forms too? They can't possibly want us to send them our PCs three times!
We're living in Canada at the moment so we couldn't turn it around as fast as you either.

Just another worry to think about, thanks CHC!
Hi Dieseltank.....to be honest the ACPO were wonderful and had them back to us in days....it cost 70 quid each mind you but i didn't care.....and as stated on the CIC wedsite the new forms are not needed until after the 31st Dec 2008....so we had the same ones as you to start with, from our local police HQ......

I wouldn't worry too much about it until they ask for them....even with the postage to Canada you would have them within a few weeks. I just panicked because it was such a short space of time and the threat of them pulling the plug on us was too much to bare

Fingers cross you don't have this problem at all......

Irene.....xxx
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

dieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of light

thanks Irene,

We've waited so long, that i don't want something silly like new police checks to slow us down even more....

In a week will be 36 months in process, and according to our AOR we can then contact them as this was the processing time quoted.. hopefully they will then respond as they haven't beforehand
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:12 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Irene,

We've waited so long, that i don't want something silly like new police checks to slow us down even more....

In a week will be 36 months in process, and according to our AOR we can then contact them as this was the processing time quoted.. hopefully they will then respond as they haven't beforehand
We must be just ahead of you...Our AOR is the 20th Sept 05, it seems such a long time ago now...but hopefully the end is in sight At least your living and working in Canada
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

yeah we're here, but on a TWP that ties me to my employer. The job is a little rocky at the moment and our PR would give us security as I could work for another company if needed..
I don't want to go down the whole LMO route if our PR is close..
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:27 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

yeah we're here, but on a TWP that ties me to my employer. The job is a little rocky at the moment and our PR would give us security as I could work for another company if needed..
I don't want to go down the whole LMO route if our PR is close..
Oh god no....hang on in there and im sure you'll get your PR soon. Our medical request came 2 months after our 90 letter in Jan....maybe because your already living in Canada they don't rush things....

Where abouts are you??
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Vancouver, well actually out in the boons a little. A place called Pitt Meadows. I'd lived in central London for 6 years so I wasn't bothered about being a city slicker anymore. I still work downtown though.
Although its stressful coming over and all the uncertainty etc.., we look out of the house and see the mountains and it makes it so worthwhile... (assuming they give me my PR otherwise it will be an expensive waste of time and we will have to think of a plan B
)
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:45 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Vancouver, well actually out in the boons a little. A place called Pitt Meadows. I'd lived in central London for 6 years so I wasn't bothered about being a city slicker anymore. I still work downtown though.
Although its stressful coming over and all the uncertainty etc.., we look out of the house and see the mountains and it makes it so worthwhile... (assuming they give me my PR otherwise it will be an expensive waste of time and we will have to think of a plan B
)
Thats sounds wonderful, having a view like that would make my day.... and it's so nice being out of the city

To be honest i think if they are going to say no to you they would have done that by now....so try not to worry so much
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Not too stressed, what happens happens.
I won't let it turn me grey at 30, I'll save those silver fox Clooney looks for later in life.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:03 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Not too stressed, what happens happens.
I won't let it turn me grey at 30, I'll save those silver fox Clooney looks for later in life.
Ah...you a spring chick...wait til you get to my age, i've had to paint my hair today to cover the gray....shhhhh.....don't tell anyone,
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future

I'm still waiting for a medical request after we received our 90 day letter back in Jan.

Have you contacted them, or had any contact with CHC since Jan?

I'm just wondering that they may have sent out your med reqs and, for some reason, they have been lost (I don't want to panic you), but if you haven't heard anything since January, you are entitled to contact them and find out what is going on.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

over the past 3 years I've sent about 4 emails and have never had anything back. My good lady wife was back in the UK about a month ago and went to the CHC in person and they turned her away at the door (sorry luv you're not coming in).

I have a letter all ready to fax to them asking them for an update, but I was waiting until our 36 months was officially reached as we'd been lead to believe that contacting them too much can go against you.

The lost in the post issue had crossed my mine (many times). Its funny that you could end up waiting forever and you'd never know they had already sent something. I'm also convinced that when I try and contact them they will just say that the new expected waiting time is 45 months. When we get to 45 months they will then tell us its 55 months.... and so on and so on.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Hi Dieseltank,

I just don’t understand why they are taking so long for you. While I am waiting for my medical as well, I am not in Canada with a job. Even the CIC visa officer at the Emigrate show said that if you get a job, your application will be expedite. So from all accounts you should have had a visa by now.

While waiting for my medical request is stressing me, but I am at a complete lose as to why they are taking so long with yours.

Have you ordered your CAIPS notes? Might be a good idea.

I feel for you.

Ray
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Beats me!

I've emailed the CHC again this morning. Saying that my 36 months is nearly up and I have another job offer which I can't accept until I know the status of my application.

I've never had any responses to emails, so I'm not optimistic on this one either. How do you go about obtaining CAIPS? Are they useful or do you just end up paying more money to be told 'In Process'?
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future

Beats me!

I've emailed the CHC again this morning. Saying that my 36 months is nearly up and I have another job offer which I can't accept until I know the status of my application.

I've never had any responses to emails, so I'm not optimistic on this one either. How do you go about obtaining CAIPS? Are they useful or do you just end up paying more money to be told 'In Process'?
Hi Dieseltank,

Do you have this link below, it gives their full contact details, including phone number:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/london.asp

I think you should try and get in contact with someone directly to discuss your case.

I'm going to send you a PM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.