Att Jim Humphries...URGENT

Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:32 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Att Jim Humphries...URGENT

Hi Jim, Can you please help me out here....i've just received an email from our lawyer stating that we need to submit new police clearance checks....however we have already sent them along with our 90 request in March. We have now been told that we have until the 16 Oct to submit these or our case will close....im devastated ...after more than 3 years i can't believe this is going to happen....our lawyer has said they will request an extension but that this might be refused....

On the CIC website it states that any police clearance request issued after the 31st of Dec 2008 must be the new format...we submitted the blue police certificate. I have to wait until Monday to apply for the new forms.

Can you shed any light on why they would request the new format whenever it states on their wedsite that our original ones are valid?

I feel so helpless at the moment....

Many thanks Irene...xx
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:34 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Att Jim Humphries...URGENT

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Hi Jim, Can you please help me out here....i've just received an email from our lawyer stating that we need to submit new police clearance checks....however we have already sent them along with our 90 request in March. We have now been told that we have until the 16 Oct to submit these or our case will close....im devastated ...after more than 3 years i can't believe this is going to happen....our lawyer has said they will request an extension but that this might be refused....

On the CIC website it states that any police clearance request issued after the 31st of Dec 2008 must be the new format...we submitted the blue police certificate. I have to wait until Monday to apply for the new forms.

Can you shed any light on why they would request the new format whenever it states on their wedsite that our original ones are valid?

I feel so helpless at the moment....

Many thanks Irene...xx
Hi Irene,

what a nightmare:curse:

My understanding is the same as yours and the CIC site which states old checks are ok until the end of the year

How old were the police checks when you sent them in March??

NDx
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:37 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Hi Irene,

what a nightmare:curse:

My understanding is the same as yours and the CIC site which states old checks are ok until the end of the year

How old were the police checks when you sent them in March??

NDx
Hi Nikki....we got them in Feb, i just don't get it at all....

I can't believe it's come to this.....we have 12 days to get this sorted....
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:46 am

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nikki....we got them in Feb, i just don't get it at all....

I can't believe it's come to this.....we have 12 days to get this sorted....
It can be done if needed FK, ACPO premium service 3 days, courier to London same day or by the next so should be within the 12 days Still don't understand why needed as it is a contradiction to their website, perhaps I'm missing something?
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:50 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

It can be done if needed FK, ACPO premium service 3 days, courier to London same day or by the next so should be within the 12 days Still don't understand why needed as it is a contradiction to their website, perhaps I'm missing something?
Thanks Nikki, OH is on their webside now, i'll be on the phone at 9am on Monday.....do you know if we can send it direct to CIC from the ACPO??
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:57 am

Thanks Nikki, OH is on their webside now, i'll be on the phone at 9am on Monday.....do you know if we can send it direct to CIC from the ACPO??
not sure FK, have a feeling you have to send it in, but hopefully somebody can advise?
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:05 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

not sure FK, have a feeling you have to send it in, but hopefully somebody can advise?
Just checked it out, so i need new pics sent in with the request...so if i sent it off on Monday, they get it Tuesday....so hopefully we recieve it back with the next day service on Saturday....fingers crossed

The only thing that worries me is, when we handed the last ones in we figured that would be the first day....it doesn't work like that. It's from when they actually start to process it...so im hoping that this wont be the case this time or im in going to crack up
Old Oct 4th 2008, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Sorry to hear this little kink. With regards to ACPO, you can download the application from:

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

Have it ready over the weekend to be sent as soon as you can. I think they have an urgent request one that can be mailed in 2-3 days (but costs more).

You also need to have your photo attested by one of the professionals listed on the form. I think that person has to know you for 2 years (but check on that).

Ray
Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:09 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by raymasa
Sorry to hear this little kink. With regards to ACPO, you can download the application from:

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

Have it ready over the weekend to be sent as soon as you can. I think they have an urgent request one that can be mailed in 2-3 days (but costs more).

You also need to have your photo attested by one of the professionals listed on the form. I think that person has to know you for 2 years (but check on that).

Ray
Thanks Ray...OH has been on the website and had a look.....i don't care about the cost at all to be honest, im just in a blind panic about not getting it on time and them closing our file......
Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:14 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

First - do not panic about the October 30 date. Second, get on with getting the new PCs ASAP. Third, have your advisor write to the visa office explaining that you have applied for new PCs but the processing time will result in some delay in sending then in. Get a copy of the letter they send.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:23 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
First - do not panic about the October 30 date. Second, get on with getting the new PCs ASAP. Third, have your advisor write to the visa office explaining that you have applied for new PCs but the processing time will result in some delay in sending then in. Get a copy of the letter they send.
We can't contact the lawyer until Monday....i've been out to get some new pics done and i'll send them off first thing monday morning.....in her email she said she would ask for an extension but could not guarantee it would be granted....im gutted if after all this time they pull the plug on us on the 16th....

On the CIC webside it states that our original police reports should be fine...so why have they requested this new form now? I just don't understand that...

Thanks Jim.......im trying to stay calm but it's not easy
Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:34 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent new PC with our 90 day update, then had the medicals. There was a long delay getting passport requests and it turned out that CIC had lost the police checks. After several emails to them they eventually sent one back saying oops we have found them.

We emailed CIC using the contact link on the website.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:39 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by fledermaus
We sent new PC with our 90 day update, then had the medicals. There was a long delay getting passport requests and it turned out that CIC had lost the police checks. After several emails to them they eventually sent one back saying oops we have found them.

We emailed CIC using the contact link on the website.
Thanks fledermaus....i'll try that too....can't do any harm at this stage anyway......

We sent them off in March with our 90 letter too....then when the medical request came they asked for them again....our lawyer told them that they had been sent already....so we thought that was that....now they want the new forms......i just hope we have enough time to get them
Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

i've been out to get some new pics done and i'll send them off first thing monday morning.
Make sure you have the pictures attested before sending them in. The instructions are in the ACPO form.

Ray
Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:54 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by raymasa
Make sure you have the pictures attested before sending them in. The instructions are in the ACPO form.

Ray
No problem, i can get them done on Monday morning.....just need to explain my nervous breakdown to work and get the time to do everything

Irene.....xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.