Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by Melsa
Hi Guys

I'm very delighted to tell you all we've finally got our passport requests!!! We've just landed home from a week in London to find this on the door mat. If only it had arrived a couple of days before we had gone, we could have handed the passports in. Never mind I can't complain as i'm so relieved to have a definate yes!! Can't wait to tell everyone else now. Bye for now.

Melsa
Great news Melsa, did you have the 3rd blood test in the end?
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Great news Melsa, did you have the 3rd blood test in the end?
Hi, yes I had the 3rd blood test at the end of November so CIC have acted pretty swiflty to get the passport requests out considering there was Christmas and New Year in between.
Good luck to you.

Melsa
Old Jan 19th 2012, 2:40 am
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Wow Melsa, you had a long wait! Congratulations and good luck for the next stage!
Old Jan 19th 2012, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Funky Florist
Wow Melsa, you had a long wait! Congratulations and good luck for the next stage!
Thanks Funky Florist. From what I remember you sailed through the process very quickly. How are you settling in there? Tell me the bad as well as the good. I'm prepared for all the down falls!!

Melsa
Old Jan 19th 2012, 11:30 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

I'm very delighted to tell you all we've finally got our passport requests!!! We've just landed home from a week in London to find this on the door mat. If only it had arrived a couple of days before we had gone, we could have handed the passports in. Never mind I can't complain as i'm so relieved to have a definate yes!! Can't wait to tell everyone else now. Bye for now.

Melsa
Congratulations! I bet you are so pleased.When are you coming over?
Old Jan 19th 2012, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Congratulations! I bet you are so pleased.When are you coming over?
Hi Miss Clinique, i'm not sure exactly when we will be moving over but i'm aiming for May/June maybe sooner. Lots to consider such as term times at school and whether the kids could during a term. I'm very pleased that this process is coming to an end and a new chapter is beginning!

Melsa
Old Jan 19th 2012, 3:09 pm
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Funky Florist. From what I remember you sailed through the process very quickly. How are you settling in there? Tell me the bad as well as the good. I'm prepared for all the down falls!!

Melsa
Actually we've settled in pretty well and are getting used to things. In fact I just wrote an article about our experiences which is on the front page of this website!

I'm so pleased you are over the worst of the process - now the fun and mayhem of moving starts!!! Best of luck.

FF
Old Jan 19th 2012, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Monday...... 20 month email sent to cic
Tuesday..... positive response email received from cic
Wednesday. medical requests
Old Jan 19th 2012, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Malco will become famous soon enoughMalco will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys

Melsa
That's fantastic news Melsa, congratulations. Now the fun can begin in ernest.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Brilliant news for you too, things are finally beginning to move, splendid stuff.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Funky Florist
Actually we've settled in pretty well and are getting used to things. In fact I just wrote an article about our experiences which is on the front page of this website!

I'm so pleased you are over the worst of the process - now the fun and mayhem of moving starts!!! Best of luck.

FF
Hi FF,

I have read your article and it gives us great support and helps us understand that our worries are not unusual. We are planning to move to the Chilliwack area when we get to Canada in Mid May but haven't yet decided exactly where. We have some friends in Chilliwack who are picking us up from the airport when we arrive and have kindly offered to put us up for a while until we find somewhere to live. If you don't mind us asking whereabouts did you decide to settle in the Fraser Valley?

Malco
Old Jan 20th 2012, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Flipping heck! After all that frustrating waiting things really seem to be happening for you now, really chuffed for you!!!!

Last edited by anunlikelyunion; Jan 20th 2012 at 11:20 am. Reason: forgot a word...doh!
Old Jan 20th 2012, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Congratulations CC! That must be a huge relief. Will you now be staying in Canada permanently or are you coming back to the UK at some point. Hope all is going well.

Melsa
Old Jan 20th 2012, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Great news! About time as well!
Old Jan 20th 2012, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congratulations CC! That must be a huge relief. Will you now be staying in Canada permanently or are you coming back to the UK at some point. Hope all is going well.

Melsa
I'm here on a 6 month holiday/recce and will be using my return ticket (late May) to go back and collect my golf clubs and 2 suitcases (full) that I left at my sisters place. Hopefully by then everything with cic will be completed so will be able to buy a one way ticket, say my goodbye's and land

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.