Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old May 10th 2012, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Hi mate - my plans are to wait until the passport requests, then hit workopolis and monster hard. I may use my sisters address on my resume as i believe when they see the UK one currently, i'm not even considered for a role.

I also have made a lot of contacts in Toronto over the last 3 years, so i will be going again in August for some 1-2-1.
Old May 10th 2012, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Interesting, we plan to use the landing trip in early 2013 to netwrok hard but beforehand will be doing everything via linkedin etc to build up some momentum. Advice we were given was jobs are not advertised the way they are here so you need to approach direct and be "in the know". Relatives think its a huge risk to resign 2 jobs and go to nothing but it seems to be the only way as incredibly difficult to land a job via the internet remotely.
Old May 10th 2012, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MapleSauce
We just received our med requests this morning!
Great news! Just a quick question - from your timeline: Doc updates: 2/2/12 was that the date you received the request from London or the date you sent in those updates?
Just working out how long it took from them receiving your updates to them sending out med requests.

Thanks, and wishing you speedy progress!
BF
Old May 10th 2012, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
Great news! Just a quick question - from your timeline: Doc updates: 2/2/12 was that the date you received the request from London or the date you sent in those updates?
Just working out how long it took from them receiving your updates to them sending out med requests.

Thanks, and wishing you speedy progress!
BF
Thank you! Just to clarify, we received the doc updates on 2/2, and sent them off on 13/3 i believe (give a day or two either side).

MS
Old May 12th 2012, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

jss42 will become famous soon enoughjss42 will become famous soon enough

At the final stage! Finally!
Had our request for copies of passports and yet more photos yesterday.
Old May 12th 2012, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

JSS

- we are waiting for PPR now and seems it does take a while post meds - the new photos - are they per the original weird spec size or typical passport size?
Old May 12th 2012, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by fridgedesign
Hi

Just to let you know I got a rejection letter today stating:

You have indicated that you have work experience in an occupation with the following NOC (National Occupational Classification code: 0631 Restaurant and food service manager.

Although the NOC code correspond to the occupation specified in the instructions, the main duties that you listed do not indicate that you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation, as set out in the occupational descriptions of the NOC. I am therefore not satisfied that you are a Restaurant and food service manage NOC 0631.

Since you did not provide satisfactory evidence that you have work experience in any of the listed occupation, you do not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing.

Considering I have been managing bars and nightclubs in the UK and Europe for 8 years + I find this a bizarre reply from them.

What do you think I should do? Anyone ever challenged decisions before? They don't even give you a number to call and speak to someone about the decision. Just that they will send you original application and processing fee back with 8-12 weeks...

Is it worth applying again?

There are so many different threads so just read this post from Feb 2012. I applied under the same code. It is not my current job and I only did this job part time for a couple of years while studying. I'm now really worried. No idea why they would reject you and then send me the 6-12 month wait letter?? It sounds like you have a lot of experience in this category? It makes me think that they haven't even looked at mine yet and the 'in process May 2012' just means it is on the back burner. What did your lawyer say??
Old May 13th 2012, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

jss42 will become famous soon enoughjss42 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 99problems
JSS

- we are waiting for PPR now and seems it does take a while post meds - the new photos - are they per the original weird spec size or typical passport size?
I've always found their instructions about photos not being the same as passport ones odd. Every time they ask for new photos there is a comment about them being different to passport photos, but at least twice I've had standard passport ones taking, and then measured against their guidelines and they've been fine. No idea what they even do with all the photo's they've had....???
Old May 19th 2012, 9:15 am
Just Joined

livtastic is an unknown quantity at this point

Woohoo - COPR arrived today - heading to Peace Arch, BC tomorrow to 'land' !
Old May 20th 2012, 2:48 am
Just Joined

livtastic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by livtastic
Woohoo - COPR arrived today - heading to Peace Arch, BC tomorrow to 'land' !
Officially a Permanent Resident - CBSA were super friendly and I even got my photo taken by and with an officer!
Old May 20th 2012, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

A further update - we received Med requests and RPRF on Friday through the post!
There is a slight turd in the waterpipe, when we sent back up updated forms and police certs last month, we included our newborn son on the application, including his fee, and included his photographs.
What we received on Friday was medical forms for me, my wife and our 4 year old daughter, but they had stuck the photo of our 2 month old son on her form! And there was no form for him.
I've sent a case specific email asking them to resend our daughter's form, with her photograph on it, and to confirm that our son doesn't require a medical.
Old May 21st 2012, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
A further update - we received Med requests and RPRF on Friday through the post!
There is a slight turd in the waterpipe, when we sent back up updated forms and police certs last month, we included our newborn son on the application, including his fee, and included his photographs.
What we received on Friday was medical forms for me, my wife and our 4 year old daughter, but they had stuck the photo of our 2 month old son on her form! And there was no form for him.
I've sent a case specific email asking them to resend our daughter's form, with her photograph on it, and to confirm that our son doesn't require a medical.
Congrats on the medicals and RPRF!

We didn't have the RPRF box ticked - just the medicals. Lets see what happens after the meds. Heard you can pay the RPRF anytime after the meds.

MS
Old May 21st 2012, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Thats unusual. Our letter said get meds, get police certs and pay final fee all of which we've done. Think they refund your fee if rejected in any case. Don't know how long now to wait for PPR could be months.
Old May 21st 2012, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99problems
Thats unusual. Our letter said get meds, get police certs and pay final fee all of which we've done. Think they refund your fee if rejected in any case. Don't know how long now to wait for PPR could be months.
hmmm ... now i'm worried. Not sure whether to contact them, or just to pay it incase they missed it.
Old May 21st 2012, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

ok, just seen this page;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

This fee is payable by principal applicants (with some exceptions) and accompanying spouses and common-law partners. It must be paid before the immigrant visa is issued overseas or before the applicant becomes a permanent resident in Canada.

The following applicants are not required to pay this fee:
•dependent children of a principal applicant or sponsor, a child to be adopted, or an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild; and
•protected persons, including Convention refugees.
Looks like i'll pay this now then too - $490 each.

MS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.