Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Jun 10th 2012, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

I was gonna get my caips notes but thought i would wait and see what happens on july 1st.

Notes or not its up to the vo,lets just wait and see
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by graham and george
I was gonna get my caips notes but thought i would wait and see what happens on july 1st.

Notes or not its up to the vo,lets just wait and see
OK. Even though I'm risking to look (even) thicker than I am: What the hell are caips notes???
And where can I buy them and are they nice with a cup of tea??

Last edited by anunlikelyunion; Jun 11th 2012 at 3:37 pm. Reason: Typing error. Doh.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
OK. Even though I'm risking to look (even) thicker than I am: What the hell are caips notes???
And where can I buy them and are they nice with a cup of tea??
:-) I think they can be confusing so a cup of tea would be a good idea!

CAIPS is an acronym for Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System. It is part of the Electronic Data Processing (EDP) system used by the Canadian Immigration offices to process visa applications. EDP systems are those used to gather or update the information needed for the operational support of immigration programs.

You can order them from several different companies (about $40) and they will get a copy for you from CIC or possibly order them direct from Canada. I can check which company I used if you want?

I don't know that much about it but i believe if you get the notes it should give you some info on whether you've passed the paper sift stage (e.g PSDEC-1 means paper screening decision passed), whether a selection decision has been made, your bring forward date (.'e the next time your file will be looked at) and other random visa officer notes.

For example another applicant on a different thread published his notes and this was part of them -

"SELDEC REVIEW

EXPERIENCE: TWO LETTERS FROM THE UNIVERSITY. THE EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATE IS PROVIDING A JOB DESCRIPTION THAT IS 1) NEARLY VERBATIAM FROM THE NOC AND 2) BELONGING TO NOC 4131, COLLEGE TEACHER. I CONSIDER THIS LETTER TO BE SELFSERVING AS IT DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO VERIFY A CREDIBLE EXPERIENCE. VISITED UNIVERSITY WEBSITE AND FOUND PA ON THE LIST OF LECTURER. WILL ACCEPT THIS FOR EXPERIENCE.

POSITIVE SELDEC ENTERED"

I'm going to ask someone on the threads to help me interpret mine when they come through :-)

Hope this helps a bit!

Last edited by kat-b; Jun 11th 2012 at 4:24 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

As KAT B you can also pay a bit more and have the codes broken down/explained

For a lot of people its just piece of mind
Old Jun 12th 2012, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by graham and george
As KAT B you can also pay a bit more and have the codes broken down/explained

For a lot of people its just piece of mind
Yeah exactly the reason I ordered them and just to make sure there are no issues or concerns on part of VO. It'll also give me an idea of when they will nxt look at my file! Prob some time in 2014 :-)
Old Jun 13th 2012, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kat-b
Yeah exactly the reason I ordered them and just to make sure there are no issues or concerns on part of VO. It'll also give me an idea of when they will nxt look at my file! Prob some time in 2014 :-)
Thanks Kat for explaining. I am not sure we will go for it as I think it might just be another way to torture yourself...at the end of the day, what will be, will be. I'll find out one way or another, I guess. All this was the sensible part of me speaking...it's very unsensible counterpart is screaming "I want one and I want it
NOW!!!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kat-b
Can you please let us know when you get yours and what it says? Just to figure out whether spending $40 on it is worth it or not.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Anunliklelyunion did you also get the standard 6-12 month letter
Old Jun 13th 2012, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Can you please let us know when you get yours and what it says? Just to figure out whether spending $40 on it is worth it or not.
Yeah no problem :-) I think they estimated about a month and I sent the request a few weeks ago so hopefully soon
Old Jun 14th 2012, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Finally, after 2 emails, we got a reply to our enquiry...

Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your application is in progress with an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post or email to the addresses provided in the application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (VCM)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada

38 Grosvenor Street

London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA

United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Old Jun 14th 2012, 9:30 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by heading-west
Finally, after 2 emails, we got a reply to our enquiry...

Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your application is in progress with an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post or email to the addresses provided in the application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (VCM)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada

38 Grosvenor Street

London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA

United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Oooo well that's progress. It's "with an immigration officer" hopefully means you'll hear soon
Old Jun 14th 2012, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Oooo well that's progress. It's "with an immigration officer" hopefully means you'll hear soon
I certainly hope so!
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

least you have replies. Have emailed them twice now once on the 27 May and other 8th June and nothing. Already had medicals and send payment plus updated police checks back in Feb/Mar
Old Jun 15th 2012, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Dont panic, Summer slow down as usual, and it looks like London are on the go slow until the new MI's are out... But then Canada House is rented out for economic missions during the Olympics, so I would expect even more disruption and delays
Old Jun 15th 2012, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Today ecas tracker informed me that something had changed on my ecas page. I checked, and all is the same, but the address has disappeared on the first page. This happened previously and we received AOR within a week, so fingers crossed something positive is happening (meds req?).

I do know in other forums and this one, that some people can no longer access their ecas file, so it could be simply that ecas is creaking again, who knows?

Gonna stay positive though (what else can you do?)...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.