Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Oct 1st 2011, 10:12 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

[QUOTE=heading-west;9652008]We arrived here as planned and the work option is happening..... but at Nova Scotian pace ;-)[/QUO

Sio not monday then ? Seemed a tad speedy.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heading-west
We arrived here as planned and the work option is happening..... but at Nova Scotian pace ;-)

It might be a nice idea to give an update, as I know so many people were excited about your post where you were coming back and starting work straight away on Monday, especially if the information you were given wasn't that accurate. Personally, I haven't found Nova Scotian pace to be any different to other parts of Canada where immigration is concerned.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by val50
It might be a nice idea to give an update, as I know so many people were excited about your post where you were coming back and starting work straight away on Monday, especially if the information you were given wasn't that accurate. Personally, I haven't found Nova Scotian pace to be any different to other parts of Canada where immigration is concerned.
It is a little early to give updates at the moment but I will most surely keep you good people updated. Our 'employer' loves us both so a work permit is imminent, just the 'hows' and 'when's' are unclear
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 12:13 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

It is a little early to give updates at the moment but I will most surely keep you good people updated. Our 'employer' loves us both so a work permit is imminent, just the 'hows' and 'when's' are unclear
That sounds dodgy_ doesn't matter how much an employe lived you, he can't ignoire lmoi needs plus its immig who decide the twp. Id be wary if I were you!
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

your employer might love you - but do CIC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I think you are trying to say, in a roundabout way, is that you are merely mortal like the rest of us, and don't have special powers that would have allowed you to come back last Monday and start work. I don't understand why it's too early to give updates. You made a claim, promoted a certain person on here who uses the forum to advertise their services. If something went wrong, why can't you just say so? You were quick enough to comment when you thought you were right - and the rest of us were wrong. A lot of people read these forums, looking for advice. People like you who give false hope really tick me off.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

According to CIC website new applications submitted from within Canada are taking 68-81 days. That is as long as all paperwork is submitted including LMO Only other option is to leave Canada and submit paperwork at POE and as long as a medical is not required get work permit then

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

I can't see it being that imminent
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 2:08 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
your employer might love you - but do CIC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I think you are trying to say, in a roundabout way, is that you are merely mortal like the rest of us, and don't have special powers that would have allowed you to come back last Monday and start work. I don't understand why it's too early to give updates. You made a claim, promoted a certain person on here who uses the forum to advertise their services. If something went wrong, why can't you just say so? You were quick enough to comment when you thought you were right - and the rest of us were wrong. A lot of people read these forums, looking for advice. People like you who give false hope really tick me off.
agree, naivety of reality whilst being fed poor information results in scary decisions being made by individuals that could have long term consequences.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

davidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud of

I can confirm it is much quicker when you get a job.

The steps you can try is:
1. Get a job offer. The key is to persuade your employer that you can get there in about 2 months and that is true if:
a) your employer is from Nova Scotia (NS)
b) you are qualified for the provincial nomination.
c) Your work doesn't require the medical exam, such as not in the food industry or the medical field.

2. Contact the NS immigration office by EMAIL and tell them you have a job offer and you need a provincial nomination and want to start working as soon as possible.
3. They will response your email in a couple days and confirm the possibility. At least It happened for us.
4. Once you get confirmed, fill all the provincial nomination forms and send them to the NS immigration Office. They will send you TWO letters, a copy of the nomination certificate letter (the original one will be directly sent to the London visa office) and one is for the work permit. They processed ours in a month.
5. Book your flight and take the second letter with you and apply the work permit at the airport when you land.

That is our experience. We have been happily in Halifax for 4 months now and our medical exams have been taken two weeks ago.

Good luck!
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 4:10 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by davidsk
I can confirm it is much quicker when you get a job.

The steps you can try is:
1. Get a job offer. The key is to persuade your employer that you can get there in about 2 months and that is true if:
a) your employer is from Nova Scotia (NS)
b) you are qualified for the provincial nomination.
c) Your work doesn't require the medical exam, such as not in the food industry or the medical field.

2. Contact the NS immigration office by EMAIL and tell them you have a job offer and you need a provincial nomination and want to start working as soon as possible.
3. They will response your email in a couple days and confirm the possibility. At least It happened for us.
4. Once you get confirmed, fill all the provincial nomination forms and send them to the NS immigration Office. They will send you TWO letters, a copy of the nomination certificate letter (the original one will be directly sent to the London visa office) and one is for the work permit. They processed ours in a month.
5. Book your flight and take the second letter with you and apply the work permit at the airport when you land.

That is our experience. We have been happily in Halifax for 4 months now and our medical exams have been taken two weeks ago.

Good luck!
A month_ hardly imminent and not the timescale the poster was implying.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

JSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant future

i was responding to the statement " why would any one want to hire a mere chef and give them a LMO?" there is a lack of food service workers in NS, in fact there is such a low population in NS that our Provincial and FTW routes are often a way to kick start the immigration process...

We will be in UK next week and I will be happy to connect with anyone looking for more info..well done Sharon and Ken for moving forward and working with your future employer ..
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 7:08 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JSHalifax
i was responding to the statement " why would any one want to hire a mere chef and give them a LMO?" there is a lack of food service workers in NS, in fact there is such a low population in NS that our Provincial and FTW routes are often a way to kick start the immigration process...

We will be in UK next week and I will be happy to connect with anyone looking for more info..well done Sharon and Ken for moving forward and working with your future employer ..
A nice positive response from JSHalifax and healthy to see, amongst quite a bit of scepticism.
It's bad enough with CIC doing a good job already of dashing peoples hopes to bits without others adding to the fray
Even when presented with pretty conclusive evidence, on how quick the process can be, it still seems to not be quick enough for some.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 8:47 am
half a century

Originally Posted by james.mc
A nice positive response from JSHalifax and healthy to see, amongst quite a bit of scepticism.
It's bad enough with CIC doing a good job already of dashing peoples hopes to bits without others adding to the fray
Even when presented with pretty conclusive evidence, on how quick the process can be, it still seems to not be quick enough for some.
What are you talking about? We were seeking clarification over a rather speedy claim of a working job. If it turnred to be true _ fantastc. However , others will read and have false hopre as its not quite as clear cut as indicated..
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

I can see how you all feel sceptical about our decision to come here to NS. I am not prepared to divulge personal details about what we are doing until after we have secured our position here.
Just be assured that nothing illegal is happening here, everything is above board.

Meanwhile our networking is going from strength to strength, that in itself is worth its weight in gold and well worth coming here whilst we wait out the work permits.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 5:18 am
half a century

I can see how you all feel sceptical about our decision to come here to NS. I am not prepared to divulge personal details about what we are doing until after we have secured our position here.
Just be assured that nothing illegal is happening here, everything is above board.

Meanwhile our networking is going from strength to strength, that in itself is worth its weight in gold and well worth coming here whilst we wait out the work permits.
I think the scepticism (sp?) comes because you were very excited at coming straight back to NS following your Reccie to start work on the Monday. This gave others hope that there was a different away around the system.

That is all.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I think the scepticism (sp?) comes because you were very excited at coming straight back to NS following your Reccie to start work on the Monday. This gave others hope that there was a different away around the system.

That is all.
I apologise for that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.