Advice on IEC???

Old Sep 12th 2012, 5:12 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on IEC???

Hi

Originally Posted by andyhughes88
In my opinion, if the rumours are true, it appears as though they may be looking to attract younger skilled workers to come initially on short term TWPs, IECs and use this as an opportunity to sort out those who want to let off a bit of steam and primarily travel with some work, and those who are serious about migrating, working, and filling skilled jobs.

For the latter, it would seem that under new changes, they would be rewarded for their hard work by being gifted a more simple route for transition to PR status via new CEC rules.
I would bet that the 1 year skilled work in CEC is going to be for Graduates of Canadian schools, rather than the present 2 years. That All other CECs are still going to be 2 years of skilled work, or if it is lowered to 1 year, then the job will have to be on the basis of an approved LMO. But we won't know until January.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:34 am
Just Joined

Gregj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice on IEC???

Hey guys

Ontop of this... I have a very different situation!
My current job doesn't seem to fall under Cat 0, A or B. my employer is currently assisting 2 other IEC team leaders with visa help and told me that they would help me as well! I work in sales for Flight Center head office assisting branch gents with sales. Travel is very system related and requires a lot of training from within. But. I fall under cat C! I still have 11 months on my IEC and want to start sorting this out ASAP but not sure what options I have now as I'm not regarded as skilled? Do you guys have any suggestions? I am permanent an the company is willing to sponsor or apply for a LMO for me! We havnt spoken to the immigration attorney about it yet because they are busy with the other 2 employees first!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!