Confused....... Help Please!!!!!

Old Feb 8th 2013, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Mamawona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confused....... Help Please!!!!!

Hi again guys,
can somebody please tell me, if I can manage to get a job offer, an LMO and enter Canada on a TWP would I still have to apply for permanent residency of some sort. And do you think PNP would be the most effective way to do this or not? Really becoming more confused by the minute. I want to apply for the most suitable and quickest way to become a permanent resident.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused....... Help Please!!!!!

TWP is just that temp so if you want to stay permanently then you will have to look at alternative routes once here
Old Feb 8th 2013, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

their are lots of routes to take, if you can give a little more info about your job etc we can help you out more
Old Feb 8th 2013, 10:25 am

fabretti18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mamawona
Hi again guys,
can somebody please tell me, if I can manage to get a job offer, an LMO and enter Canada on a TWP would I still have to apply for permanent residency of some sort. And do you think PNP would be the most effective way to do this or not? Really becoming more confused by the minute. I want to apply for the most suitable and quickest way to become a permanent resident.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=twp+time
Did you get much info from this thread?
Old Feb 8th 2013, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Hi Stu,
here is a copy of an original posting of mine which gives more details on my status. Hope this explains more. Thanks
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=twp+time
Old Feb 8th 2013, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

franfluff is an unknown quantity at this point

as far as i know you need a LMO (job offer) to come into the country then once you have worked there for over 6 months you can apply for residency which can take up to a year to be approved. (this is in MB as far as i knwo, this is how we are doing it) good luck! Where in Canada are you wanting to go as i know its different rules for different parts xxx
Old Feb 8th 2013, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

We want to go to Ontario as my daughter, son in law and grandkids are there. Do you have an LMO (job offer) yet franfluff? How do you intend to go about getting one?
Old Feb 9th 2013, 5:25 am
Just Joined

Can somebody explain to me the difference between applying for PNP and FSW for permanent residency. I would be hoping to be applying for FSW with an arranged job offer. Would this be the best situation given my circumstances? Can anyone give any advice on seeking a job offer as a nurse in Ontario.

Thank You Guys!!!!
Old Feb 9th 2013, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

We want to go to Ontario as my daughter, son in law and grandkids are there. Do you have an LMO (job offer) yet franfluff? How do you intend to go about getting one?
Yes we have a job offer however we are still waiting for the LMO to be approved, they will be looking into it the next week so hopefully hear back very soon xxx took a long time to get someone that would take us on but we were lucky. Takes a lot longer than you think too x
Old Feb 10th 2013, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Boogler is an unknown quantity at this point

Can somebody explain to me the difference between applying for PNP and FSW for permanent residency. I would be hoping to be applying for FSW with an arranged job offer. Would this be the best situation given my circumstances? Can anyone give any advice on seeking a job offer as a nurse in Ontario.
Hey,

I can't give you any advise on looking for a job as a nurse unfortunately.

The difference between PNP and FSW is that the PNP (Provincial Nomination Program) is a system that is setup by individual Canadian Provinces to allow them to target people with certain skills that they currently need in their province. If its Ontario that you want to go to you need to look on their PNP website and see if you meet any of their criteria.

If you do then you could apply for Ontario PNP. The province of Ontario would then confirm to the Federal government that they want you and the government would then be much more likely/quicker to grant you a Permanent Residency.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 12:27 am
Just Joined

Hi franfluff, glad to hear you have a job offer. How long have you been waiting for your LMO.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

haha well you dont wanna know. The paperwork was sent off about 30 weeks ago, just didnt hear anything at all, the company spoke to a few other big companys and they said to re send the originals as they seem to "get lost" on occasions, we sent ours off AGAIN which they acknowledged as received on the 7th december so they said they would have someone look at our paperwork in this next week so hopefully we will hear soon. The time limit at the mo for Manitoba is around 12 weeks wait for a LMO, there was a backlog they said of around 2-3 weeks so we shall see, i will keep you updated! In fairness it gave us some more time to sell the house etc, we are now ready to go when they give us the thumbs up (apply for work visa next then) it is very frustrating not knowing where you stand and your in limbo all the time but im hoping it will be worth it! xxx Fran x
Old Feb 10th 2013, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone give any advice on seeking a job offer as a nurse in Ontario.

Thank You Guys!!!!
When did you train as a nurse? Have you yet applied to the Provincial College of RN and received eligibility to sit CRNE?

Most employers will not look at you unless you have eligibility to or have passed CRNE

Never mind just looked back on your previous posts and I stand by what I said there. Expect several months wait for CNO and then expect to do top up courses or at least SEC. Also no idea if nurses will be on the list when it reopens

Last edited by Silverdragon102; Feb 10th 2013 at 2:11 am. Reason: Add
Old Feb 10th 2013, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Gregj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys

Ontop of this... I have a very different situation!
My current job doesn't seem to fall under Cat 0, A or B. my employer is currently assisting 2 other IEC team leaders with visa help and told me that they would help me as well! I work in sales for Flight Center head office assisting branch gents with sales. Travel is very system related and requires a lot of training from within. But. I fall under cat C! I still have 11 months on my IEC and want to start sorting this out ASAP but not sure what options I have now as I'm not regarded as skilled? Do you guys have any suggestions? I am permanent an the company is willing to sponsor or apply for a LMO for me! We havnt spoken to the immigration attorney about it yet because they are busy with the other 2 employees first!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!
Old Feb 10th 2013, 6:20 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Couple things greg, it might be worth copying and pasting this into a new thread of your own so that people can see it and give relevant answers, many people will have read thi one already and decided they can't help so won't come back.

Secondly, are you on your first year IEC? if so is it possible that if you applied for a second year you might have progressed within the next 11 months to a managerial role which will enable you to maybe apply for CEC with 1 year experience.????

Thats just a thought as I don't know what the PNP streams are nor their criteria for qualifying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.