2007 queue - where are we up to?

Old Jun 9th 2011, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

ashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to allashirale is a name known to all
Default Re: 2007 queue - where are we up to?

Originally Posted by prairiedog
Smell the coffee ... !

Not been here for a while. I've followed the thread for simply .... years, 2 to be precise!

singingringingtree kicked us off and coffeepot kept us going.

Some of the the old larkers have got what they sought. For many like me-and-mine we've had a torrid time anticipating, waiting, hoping. There have been some new names along the way and some uninvited 'guests' stirring the pot.

There is a time, however, and it tends to come with increasing age that the optimist become the pragmatist. Hope is realised as delusion.

If there was ever writing on the wall, the above letter by CIC-London says it all. Smell the coffee folks ... GAME OVER! And what a cruel game it was. Perhaps for a few, there may still be a long term plan. With a negligible number of visa issues for 2011 or 2012, 2013 may see a upturn of fortune. Build in a further processing time of what 12-18mths??? you're talking 2015. A long time away from Oct.2007.

The lucky few in June-September beat the guillotine. As said above the rest are in a black hole.

I remember why I started the journey ... to live life to the full ... and so it begins but on a different track ...

Application withdrawn.

Good luck to you all - signing out <END>
Hi Prairiedog,
I'm sorry for all the pain and endless waiting CIC has put many of us 2007'es through with no tangible end in sight.

On the one hand, I'm sad that you are withdrawing your application after so very long.

On the other hand, I'm happy that you are charting a different course for yourself. I wish you all success and pray that you will be rewarded double in the future for your present state of disappointment and past waiting.

Just a small suggestion, if I may....you may want to consider not withdrawing your application as you have already paid the application fee and will not lose anything by keeping your status "in process". Just forget that you applied and carry on with plan B.
When things finally do work out on this front, the privilege of Canadian PR may actually come in handy...who knows? You could always just abandon your application and not do the meds and pay the RPRF if they request it in future if you are no longer interested.

Best wishes to you!!
Ash
Old Jun 9th 2011, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Have any of the 2007 guys (pre Feb 2008 list) who after realising that the 2008 list was being given priority and only taking 18 months not 4 years abandoned their application and reapplied say mid 2008 for example?
Hi CC,
Our first application was received in London about two days before the new list and rules came into force. We reapplied under post Feb 08 for two reasons,

1/ We realised in December 08 we'd miscalculated points and were a couple short.

2/ We realised this queue was being given priority and processed quicker.

We did however have to wait another year till Jan 10 to send in new application as had to wait for OH to complete his MBA, giving us the points we needed.

We have now decided to go TWP route, I secured a job offer in May, as post June 10 are being processed ahead of us and there will soon be another set of rules and NOC codes released that will prob take priority over us too!

Our lawyer has said that we would be far better off taking this route and applying for PR under one of the PNP schemes from within Canada as it's anyone's guess how long FSW's on any of the old queues will have to wait!

So if I get an LMO and go to Canada on TWP we will have three different applications running at the same time!

Tracy
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:40 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by prairiedog
Smell the coffee ... !

Not been here for a while. I've followed the thread for simply .... years, 2 to be precise!

singingringingtree kicked us off and coffeepot kept us going.

Some of the the old larkers have got what they sought. For many like me-and-mine we've had a torrid time anticipating, waiting, hoping. There have been some new names along the way and some uninvited 'guests' stirring the pot.

There is a time, however, and it tends to come with increasing age that the optimist become the pragmatist. Hope is realised as delusion.

If there was ever writing on the wall, the above letter by CIC-London says it all. Smell the coffee folks ... GAME OVER! And what a cruel game it was. Perhaps for a few, there may still be a long term plan. With a negligible number of visa issues for 2011 or 2012, 2013 may see a upturn of fortune. Build in a further processing time of what 12-18mths??? you're talking 2015. A long time away from Oct.2007.

The lucky few in June-September beat the guillotine. As said above the rest are in a black hole.

I remember why I started the journey ... to live life to the full ... and so it begins but on a different track ...

Application withdrawn.

Good luck to you all - signing out <END>
I feel really sad for you, and all the others still waiting. It is so unfair of CIC to treat people the way they do.

I am here in Canada because of my husbands work. I would gladly change places with you if I could.

I think in your shoes I would get on with plan B, but, leave my app in just to screw up the CIC number's game. I know it would be hard, because it would always be there in the back of your mind.

Good luck for the future.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tracys
Hi CC,
Our first application was received in London about two days before the new list and rules came into force. We reapplied under post Feb 08 for two reasons,

1/ We realised in December 08 we'd miscalculated points and were a couple short.

2/ We realised this queue was being given priority and processed quicker.

We did however have to wait another year till Jan 10 to send in new application as had to wait for OH to complete his MBA, giving us the points we needed.

We have now decided to go TWP route, I secured a job offer in May, as post June 10 are being processed ahead of us and there will soon be another set of rules and NOC codes released that will prob take priority over us too!

Our lawyer has said that we would be far better off taking this route and applying for PR under one of the PNP schemes from within Canada as it's anyone's guess how long FSW's on any of the old queues will have to wait!

So if I get an LMO and go to Canada on TWP we will have three different applications running at the same time!

Tracy
Sounds like you have got all the bases covered there. There is a chance that my wife may be offered a job in Canada next month so may be looking at different options ourselves soon.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madhouse
Our passports with PR visas arrived today. I can't beleive that we have finally reached the end of the road and keep thinking how lucky we are, the given recent posts about more delays. I'm sure the fact that I got a job in Canada helped to squeeze us under the bar.

Best wishes to all of you still waiting
That's fantastic news house Madhouse, what a journey eh
Congrats to anyone else I have missed.

I haven't been on for a while and quite a shock to see that letter from Trackitt, we haven't received anything at all , sorry Prarie dog after all your wait,
The thing that makes me so mad is they don't seem to be answerable to anyone, like you say, pat us on the back for clearing some of the backlog and sod off to the rest of us, they should give everyone the chance of at least withdrawing and getting a refund plus interest after all they have had all our money for over 4 years now.

We haven't even had anything to confirm our latest change of address and email ?
I am going to write and tell them what I think, what can they do put us at the bottom again
Old Jun 13th 2011, 11:56 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
That's fantastic news house Madhouse, what a journey eh
Congrats to anyone else I have missed.

I haven't been on for a while and quite a shock to see that letter from Trackitt, we haven't received anything at all , sorry Prarie dog after all your wait,
The thing that makes me so mad is they don't seem to be answerable to anyone, like you say, pat us on the back for clearing some of the backlog and sod off to the rest of us, they should give everyone the chance of at least withdrawing and getting a refund plus interest after all they have had all our money for over 4 years now.

We haven't even had anything to confirm our latest change of address and email ?
I am going to write and tell them what I think, what can they do put us at the bottom again
Hi CP saw you name on the bottom of this thread and got all excited. But no news eh? Write a letter and give them what for - you have nothing to lose.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Hi CP saw you name on the bottom of this thread and got all excited. But no news eh? Write a letter and give them what for - you have nothing to lose.
Funny I get that a lot xx
Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

etjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant future

We have withdrawn our long suffering 2007 application - jumped ship if you like!!
Reason being we took the plunge and submitted a new full FSW app in November 2010, and have reached medicals stage. After 3yrs 8 months feel like we getting somewhere now.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by etjotoft
We have withdrawn our long suffering 2007 application - jumped ship if you like!!
Reason being we took the plunge and submitted a new full FSW app in November 2010, and have reached medicals stage. After 3yrs 8 months feel like we getting somewhere now.
We should have done that but with hindsight, good luck with everything
Old Jun 19th 2011, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

etjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
We should have done that but with hindsight, good luck with everything
Thanks Coffeepot really hope that 2007 list starts moving forward for everyone, it's a long hard wait, putting your life on hold for the hope of getting your visa.
Good luck to all on the list.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Biloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really nice

Just wanted to share the good news folks!

Just received an email this morning requesting passports to be sent for visas It has been almost 4 years since we received our first acknowledgement letter back in July 2007.

They said we have to land within a year of doing our medicals (which was last October) - this means we have to try and go in the next few months (thats if they send our passports back in time!).

Also, we are reviewing the whole move now, as my mohter passed a way 2 months ago, and it has been a very painful time. It has bought home very vividly, what family mean to us, and we are double minded about going. Plus, people around us keep on being pessimistic, and say things like jobs are not easy to get, housing is expensive (Vancouver area), education is not as good, Winters are lonely, etc etc etc.

However, deep down I really want to go and atleast try it, but it is a huge step!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

susieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Biloo

Just received an email this morning requesting passports to be sent for visas It has been almost 4 years since we received our first acknowledgement letter back in July 2007.

They said we have to land within a year of doing our medicals (which was last October) - this means we have to try and go in the next few months (thats if they send our passports back in time!).

Also, we are reviewing the whole move now, as my mohter passed a way 2 months ago, and it has been a very painful time. It has bought home very vividly, what family mean to us, and we are double minded about going. Plus, people around us keep on being pessimistic, and say things like jobs are not easy to get, housing is expensive (Vancouver area), education is not as good, Winters are lonely, etc etc etc.

However, deep down I really want to go and atleast try it, but it is a huge step!
Congratulations! We also had our meds in October and received our passport requests in February - goodness knows why yours took so much longer to arrive. We're also unsure of whether to make the move permanently now, as our circumstances have changed since 2007, but we're landing in July and spending a few weeks in BC to suss things out.

Remember, people around you are being pessimistic, as they don't want you to go! They're probably a teensy bit jealous too!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Biloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really niceBiloo is just really nice

Thanks Susieh. We might just land late Summer, and like yourselves check things out before deciding. Or take the plunge and make the move. Luckily for us, we have immidiate family out there.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Biloo

Hi and congratulations on your news!

I know how you feel my mum died in January this year and we postponed going over on a study visa in Jan 2011 as her health looked uncertain, a family loss it does make you reassess everything. Lots has changed since 2007 for all of us still waiting.

We've just done our medicals for PR visa last month, so we now have the decision to make too. We have decided life's too short for regrets and if we don't try then it'll bug us more than anything.

And I also agree those around you will definately try and put you off!
We now know not to discuss things too much with family here as it is sad news for them, but it's what we want, it's a big event in life you can't rely on family full support for in the decision making as they don't want you to go.

I even have a sister in Canada who tries to put me off because she knows that once you get there it's not plain sailing and she wants to make sure we know it'll be a rollercoaster. So I reckon you need to be certain of your decision, and feel strong enough to do it, regardless of the people around you and their views.

Best of luck though with whatever you decide.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

I would say, at least try it.

We originally applied in July 2004, heard very little, and in July 2007 my stepfather was diagnosed with cancer, because I didn't want to leave my mum on her own we withdrew our application in Nov 2007. Ironically, he died 4 weeks later in Dec 2007. Twelve weeks later my natural father dropped dead in the street from a heart attack. Later that year we started thinking perhaps we should have seen it through, so we reapplied in Dec 2008, and had our visas 7 months later. We moved permanently last July, for now, it's the best decision we've made; we're happy and financially about 30,000 pounds better off than we were in the UK. My only regret, on the second application, our boys were too old to be included.

You have waited so long, it's an experience, and for us (at the moment) it was the right decision.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Poppit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.