2007 queue - where are we up to?

Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:35 pm
BE gremlin

T-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 2007 queue - where are we up to?

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
This is a sad post really, can't believe we have decided not to wait any longer, just received an email back from CIC . I emailed them to say we had exceeded the time stated by several months, our reply was they had filled the quota, that we would not be processed for some time ( although they couldn't say how long ) that if we want our money back then we can have it. Having waited patiently ( for the most ) since April 2007 we have decided to pull our application. Enough is enough. I don't mind the waiting what I do mind is the processing of new applicants over the old ones,
So wish you all the very best, will pop in now and again to see how others are doing.
Can't say I blame you, we have been waiting since November 2007 and have given up wanting to go. I wonder how many of us 2007 applicants are still out there......
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

bazman is an unknown quantity at this point

Still here,alive and waiting...

Unfortunately some of us (pre Feb.2008 applicants) are badly impacted by the BackLog Reduction announced recently.

Who has a SELDEC made on his file and still waiting to finalize his application?

Your updates and comments are appreciated

Originally Posted by T-Pot
Can't say I blame you, we have been waiting since November 2007 and have given up wanting to go. I wonder how many of us 2007 applicants are still out there......
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

laser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud of

Coffepot! I was so sad to read this news and I do think it terribly unfair the way you have been treated. I understand your frustration.

I suppose the only crumb of consolation would be to say that there is no harm you buying a little place out in Canada at some stage in your life and maybe, when you reach the point where you have more time, you could stay over there for at least six months every year and live the Canadian lifestyle and have the adventure you spoke about. Just a thought.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 1:02 pm
BE gremlin

T-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of light

Well have just checked again on CIC and I'm not even 'in process'..... Guess I just carry on waiting around now for my refund (HA!)

I wonder what Norway is like this timeof year...............
Old Apr 18th 2012, 6:44 am
Just Joined

bazman is an unknown quantity at this point

T-Pot, Sorry to hear that

Can you please provide more info:

1- What is your ecas showing now?
2- Did you get any official communication from CIC? If not, when was the Last communication/inquiry?
3- Have you ordered CAIPS before?
4- Do you know if you have passed the Selection Criteria? any SELDEC in CAIPS?
5- Have you been requested to provide any documents to CIC?
6- What is your VO?

Thanks in advance.

Other 2007 Applicants, can you please raise your voice. We would like to know more about your status; where do you stand...

Goodluck to all

Originally Posted by T-Pot
Well have just checked again on CIC and I'm not even 'in process'..... Guess I just carry on waiting around now for my refund (HA!)

I wonder what Norway is like this timeof year...............
Old Apr 18th 2012, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazman

2- Did you get any official communication from CIC? If not, when was the Last communication/inquiry?
6- What is your VO?

Thanks in advance.

Other 2007 Applicants, can you please raise your voice. We would like to know more about your status; where do you stand...

Goodluck to all
Waiting still very patiently, not even in process, AOR April 2007, husband IT
Nothing since the letter 2 -3 years ago saying we had 6 weeks to get a refund if we want to withdraw application, still no update request etc, what makes me so mad is, meant tobe processed in order of receipt to be fair to all, how can it be fair when thousands have been processed from the newer applications, I don't have a problem with waiting in a que, just don't open a new que with more people processing and leave us out to dry. Also having paid up front and our PRPF we are quite a bit out of pocket for what ? I know quite a few people in the same boat not all on this site. Hazmat what's your situation ?
Old Apr 18th 2012, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Jaysuper is an unknown quantity at this point

When would they be voting on the proposal to return all applications Pre-Feb 2008? It would be simply unfair if this legislation is passed.

Do you think there is anything we can do to raise our voice?

Or do you all think there could be potentially legal challenge against the Government of Canada if this bill went ahead?
Old Apr 19th 2012, 1:17 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Jaysuper
When would they be voting on the proposal to return all applications Pre-Feb 2008? It would be simply unfair if this legislation is passed.

Do you think there is anything we can do to raise our voice?

Or do you all think there could be potentially legal challenge against the Government of Canada if this bill went ahead?
1. No vote, it will be a change in the regulations. Posted in the Canada Gazette for 30 days before enactment.
2. There have been protest in India and Pakistan, to be harsh, but do you really think politicians in Canada (other than opposition) will care? As you can't vote for them.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Jaysuper is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh!!. So it is nearly automatic that all pre Feb 2008 applications would be returned. Really really unfair after waiting in the queue for over 4 y.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaysuper
Oh!!. So it is nearly automatic that all pre Feb 2008 applications would be returned. Really really unfair after waiting in the queue for over 4 y.
Agree totally, I don't understand if we applied again now we are still on the list but our daughter who was on our original application would not be able to come as she has now left uni. How can that be fair and just, we have written and emailed only had 2 replies both the same really. Shut up and wait, although the last time they did say we could have our money back ( they think eventually )
Wish there was something we could do for all of us in the que. any ideas ?
Old Apr 19th 2012, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Agree totally, I don't understand if we applied again now we are still on the list but our daughter who was on our original application would not be able to come as she has now left uni. How can that be fair and just, we have written and emailed only had 2 replies both the same really. Shut up and wait, although the last time they did say we could have our money back ( they think eventually )
Wish there was something we could do for all of us in the que. any ideas ?
Think BE should give out a medal for patientce us Pre 2008 applicants would certainly qualifi
Old Apr 19th 2012, 9:31 am
BE gremlin

Originally Posted by bazman

6- What is your VO?

Thanks in advance.

Goodluck to all
E-cas not showing anything - can't even find me which means they've not even looked at my file. I have have no communication since receiving my confirmation of receipt and file reference number back in early 2008. I didn't even get the offer to withdraw my application and get a refund.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Deefran will become famous soon enoughDeefran will become famous soon enough

Hi All. I am stunned, I cannot believe what I am reading and just heard from my cousin in Tornoto reading an article in the Toronto Star stating they are wiping out the backlog by returning all pre 2008 applications with a refund and the door will close. I applied in Nov 2007 and have not heard anything since despite letters and emails with no reply. Can I ask if anyone has actually received letters telling them they are having their applications returned with a refund?
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Deefran
Hi All. I am stunned, I cannot believe what I am reading and just heard from my cousin in Tornoto reading an article in the Toronto Star stating they are wiping out the backlog by returning all pre 2008 applications with a refund and the door will close. I applied in Nov 2007 and have not heard anything since despite letters and emails with no reply. Can I ask if anyone has actually received letters telling them they are having their applications returned with a refund?
Not us, probably have to wait another 5 years for that as well.
It's trully unbelievable the way we are all being treated. Stunned
And sorry for everyone.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 11:08 am
BE gremlin

I'm bored with waiting now - shall we have a singsong?

I'll start..... the wheels on the bus go round and round.....

Come on everyone, join in!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.