2007 queue - where are we up to?

Old Jun 27th 2010, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

MagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really nice
Default Re: 2007 queue - where are we up to?

No worries jugapper - I just wished the article had been more recent; it might have given us real hope!

Have a couple of friends staying with us at the moment who are over from Aus - He married an Aussie girl and they moved there about 18 months ago. After a slow start jobwise he got something much better for him than his UK job and is loving the new life.

Feels like our chance to have a crack at the same thing in Canada will never happen...!
Old Jun 27th 2010, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

jugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nice

You can't help but feel our time will never come...

But now they have changed the list down to 29 occupations, you never know..perhaps they will now have some time to catch up with us lot!

Reading the new instructions on the CIC website, minister says he wants to ' be fair to those waiting the longest'..... Just a pity he didn't realise this was the logical thing to do when releasing the list of 38. Seeing people apply and have their PR's within 8 months on the new system, and we are still sat here waiting is the biggest kick in the stomach you could ever imagine!!
Old Jun 28th 2010, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

MagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really niceMagicMeerkat is just really nice

The *only* good thing about waiting this long is that at least we stand a chance of getting PR. Under the new system neither me nor my husband are eligible.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, firstly big congrats to G77 and Arris, fantastic news also to Justie I can't imagine us actually getting to that stage.

Jugapper thanks for the post, sometimes we just need a boost, as for the rest of us let's keep our fingers crossed and just hope something happens soon, still nothing here sorry to say.

We have taken the house off the market just to have a rethink and look at the options, possibly rent it out ? We will have to move and rent in the uk for a while but at least it gives us an excuse to contact CIC again,

Try and stay positive, believe me I know it's hard at times, now I need to look up about the changes

Fingers crossed for all of us xx
Old Jun 28th 2010, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

mountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant future

I haven't been around for a loong time, mostly because I've been trying to forget about the waiting. But I'm happy to report that I finally got my med request and have my appointment TOMORROW!!

Here are my stats:
Applied November 15 2006
AOR June 15 2007
Docs requested July 17 2009
Docs sent Oct 5 2009
Med request June 17 2010

They also requested an additional police check with the meds. It's for Australia. I didn't include one originally as I have never lived there for a period of more than 5 months. Apparently they are interested in cumulative time as I spent 4-5 months there every year for 4 years. Took me 4 days to get an appointment to get fingerprinted, I sent off the application today and it's supposed to take 15 days.

Fingers x'ed
Old Jun 29th 2010, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mountainxtc
I haven't been around for a loong time, mostly because I've been trying to forget about the waiting. But I'm happy to report that I finally got my med request and have my appointment TOMORROW!!

Here are my stats:
Applied November 15 2006
AOR June 15 2007
Docs requested July 17 2009
Docs sent Oct 5 2009
Med request June 17 2010

They also requested an additional police check with the meds. It's for Australia. I didn't include one originally as I have never lived there for a period of more than 5 months. Apparently they are interested in cumulative time as I spent 4-5 months there every year for 4 years. Took me 4 days to get an appointment to get fingerprinted, I sent off the application today and it's supposed to take 15 days.

Fingers x'ed
That's great news, 2006 my that's a long wait, hope they are quicker once your meeds are done, good luck,
Old Jun 29th 2010, 3:45 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Changes are not to bad for us, Hubbie is still on the list. However the whole immigration cap thing is a thinker. Anyways for now we will sit and wait, we are used to it after all!

Have booked our hols for Oct so hoping the Meds request may have arrived by then.

And just for a bit of sympathy found out yesterday I have to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth out! Not happy!

Hope everyone is managing to stay sane whilst waiting. Good luck for some news soon!

Last edited by Falcore; Jun 29th 2010 at 3:46 pm. Reason: Manners!
Old Jun 29th 2010, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Falcore
Changes are not to bad for us, Hubbie is still on the list. However the whole immigration cap thing is a thinker. Anyways for now we will sit and wait, we are used to it after all!

Have booked our hols for Oct so hoping the Meds request may have arrived by then.

And just for a bit of sympathy found out yesterday I have to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth out! Not happy!

Hope everyone is managing to stay sane whilst waiting. Good luck for some news soon!
Poor you do you like ice cream ?

Not sure we are still on the list, I emailed the minister about the length of time it is taking to process the old applications, got a comp generated email back saying they had received it but nothing else,

Hope that's correct about processing those waiting the longest
Just have to do what we do best and wait

Chins up everyone
Old Jun 30th 2010, 5:38 am
Just Joined

mountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
That's great news, 2006 my that's a long wait, hope they are quicker once your meeds are done, good luck,
well I had the med today, very quick and efficient, I was just getting into the flurry of re-activity and now it's time to hurry up and wait again !!

for more activity in the near future....
Old Jun 30th 2010, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well I had the med today, very quick and efficient, I was just getting into the flurry of re-activity and now it's time to hurry up and wait again !!

for more activity in the near future....

Surprised they didn't ask you to send passports 30 days after meeds as they have some of the others, let's hope they deal with yours soon

It's a bit like getting ready for nothing

Are you sold/ready to go,
Old Jun 30th 2010, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Surprised they didn't ask you to send passports 30 days after meeds as they have some of the others, let's hope they deal with yours soon

It's a bit like getting ready for nothing

Are you sold/ready to go,
I already live in Canada so this is a bit of a different game for me. I get sponsored visas for work. The hassles for me are:

1. Work restrictions - I can only work for my current employer in my current position and it's not enough or what I want to do for ever.

2. I have been paying for benefits for 5 years that I cannot actually claim because I am not a resident.

3. No credit. Except a measly $1000 limit secured credit card.

4. No healthcare.

5. No local drivers license.

6. No house (non residents need a whopping 20% at least downpayment) so I'm still renting.

The list goes on. But at least I live in the best place on Earth!!
Old Jun 30th 2010, 3:10 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I already live in Canada so this is a bit of a different game for me. I get sponsored visas for work. The hassles for me are:

1. Work restrictions - I can only work for my current employer in my current position and it's not enough or what I want to do for ever.

2. I have been paying for benefits for 5 years that I cannot actually claim because I am not a resident.

3. No credit. Except a measly $1000 limit secured credit card.

4. No healthcare.

5. No local drivers license.

6. No house (non residents need a whopping 20% at least downpayment) so I'm still renting.

The list goes on. But at least I live in the best place on Earth!!
Are you sure you cannot qualify for health care?

BC allow some people who are resident with a work permit to obtain healthcare ... http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/eligible.html

Certain other individuals, such as some holders of study and/or work permits issued under the federal Immigration and Refugee Protection Act are deemed to be residents, but tourists or visitors to B.C. do not qualify.

If you are uncertain about your eligibility status, contact MSP for assistance.

I believe you could have applied for a BC driving licence... there is no restriction for long stay visitors to get one, provided they have documentation (such as work permit and passport) but you should have got it within 90 days of arriving in BC - probably too late now! http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing...y/Australia#uk / http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/id

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 30th 2010 at 3:17 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

chintu has a brilliant futurechintu has a brilliant futurechintu has a brilliant futurechintu has a brilliant futurechintu has a brilliant futurechintu has a brilliant futurechintu has a brilliant future

Hi CP,

I am glad someone from the old application lot [unwanted ones for CHC] wrote to the Minister. Lets see if the Minister is really serious about applicants who have been waiting the longest or its just a gimmick.

Hope u get a positive response from the minister's office. If not, then I think there is no one in Canadian Govt who can really help.

Chintu

Poor you do you like ice cream ?

Not sure we are still on the list, I emailed the minister about the length of time it is taking to process the old applications, got a comp generated email back saying they had received it but nothing else,

Hope that's correct about processing those waiting the longest
Just have to do what we do best and wait

Chins up everyone
Old Jun 30th 2010, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chintu
Hi CP,

I am glad someone from the old application lot [unwanted ones for CHC] wrote to the Minister. Lets see if the Minister is really serious about applicants who have been waiting the longest or its just a gimmick.

Hope u get a positive response from the minister's office. If not, then I think there is no one in Canadian Govt who can really help.

Chintu
Thanks for your support, I hope he actually reads it, we are beyond caring now about upsetting the boat, looking at the time for new applicants 6-8 months it's a joke.

Will let you know how it goes, fingers crossed.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by siouxie
Are you sure you cannot qualify for health care?

BC allow some people who are resident with a work permit to obtain healthcare ... http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/eligible.html

Certain other individuals, such as some holders of study and/or work permits issued under the federal Immigration and Refugee Protection Act are deemed to be residents, but tourists or visitors to B.C. do not qualify.

If you are uncertain about your eligibility status, contact MSP for assistance.
I do not qualify. I get a "residents rate" which is about 1/3 of what a tourist has to pay, but I can't get BC health. I did recheck with MSP this year. No luck.

Originally Posted by siouxie

I believe you could have applied for a BC driving licence... there is no restriction for long stay visitors to get one, provided they have documentation (such as work permit and passport) but you should have got it within 90 days of arriving in BC - probably too late now! http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing...y/Australia#uk / http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/id

My visas are 6 monthly. In order to apply for a driver's license you have to be a legal resident for a period of longer than 6 months. Technically I am, but because of my visa situation they won't accept me...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.