2007 queue - where are we up to?

Old Jan 2nd 2012, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice
Default Re: 2007 queue - where are we up to?

I agree

Have not waited as long as you, but you would think they would deal with the back log before the start processing new apps.

They are very quick at takeing your money.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 11:48 am
Just Joined

H1pp0 is a jewel in the roughH1pp0 is a jewel in the roughH1pp0 is a jewel in the roughH1pp0 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Thanks for posting, We are now approaching the latest time as set by CIC of 58 months there is no way we will be processed in that time, our now 10 nearly 11 year old is going up to secondary school in sept, never thought we wouldn't have heard anything at all by now.
I still can not understand how they can shelve all of the old applicants and still process new applications, I am totally bewildered and extremely disappointed with the whole process, sorry for all of you still waiting, good luck to all.
I can whole heartedly sympathise with you. My family and I submitted via Pretoria and have been waiting patiently for 77 months yesterday. We are close to the latest time as set by CIC for Pretoria of 81 months but I guarantee at the end of Jan they will move the goalpost by 3 +++ months.

I realise I am not comparing apples with apples here but we moved to the UK in 2009 to wait it out here for the sake of our children. One day I want Canada and then the next day I don't. This process is a horrible mind-game
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by H1pp0
I can whole heartedly sympathise with you. My family and I submitted via Pretoria and have been waiting patiently for 77 months yesterday. We are close to the latest time as set by CIC for Pretoria of 81 months but I guarantee at the end of Jan they will move the goalpost by 3 +++ months.

I realise I am not comparing apples with apples here but we moved to the UK in 2009 to wait it out here for the sake of our children. One day I want Canada and then the next day I don't. This process is a horrible mind-game
I am so sorry for you, 77 months is such a long wait, CIC should give us a letter offering us our money back so we can reapply if we choose to at the very least, it would still be quicker than waiting in this que. as you say every time we get to the goal post they move it again, it does mess with your mind if you let it, hate to say it and I really do feel for you, all you can do is get on with daily life plan to be here for the next couple of years, live life to the full here, you don't get this time back cherish each day with your children here as they grow up so very quickly .

Wish you all the best and anyone else waiting still, p.s. thanks for you pms, sorry I don't come on here that much anymore, I have decided there's more to life than waiting for the postman
Old Feb 13th 2012, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a look on cic website, now moved the goal post yet again to 60 months, How can they justify this
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

sar1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had a look on cic website, now moved the goal post yet again to 60 months, How can they justify this
This is just so frustrating and I would perosnally be amazed if this doesn't go up again. We are Dec 2007 applicants and also have had no call for documents etc.

After thinking long and hard, we have decided that we are moving onwards and upwards and are putting in a application for Australia.

We have put our lives on hold for so long....actually feeling quite excited about this decision now!
Old Feb 16th 2012, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sar1234
This is just so frustrating and I would perosnally be amazed if this doesn't go up again. We are Dec 2007 applicants and also have had no call for documents etc.

After thinking long and hard, we have decided that we are moving onwards and upwards and are putting in a application for Australia.

We have put our lives on hold for so long....actually feeling quite excited about this decision now!
Wish you all the best with that, keep us posted if you get your cash back.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wish you all the best with that, keep us posted if you get your cash back.
This is a sad post really, can't believe we have decided not to wait any longer, just received an email back from CIC . I emailed them to say we had exceeded the time stated by several months, our reply was they had filled the quota, that we would not be processed for some time ( although they couldn't say how long ) that if we want our money back then we can have it. Having waited patiently ( for the most ) since April 2007 we have decided to pull our application. Enough is enough. I don't mind the waiting what I do mind is the processing of new applicants over the old ones,
So wish you all the very best, will pop in now and again to see how others are doing.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry to hear that you are withdrawing your application, but completely understand why?

Goodluck for the future.

Poppit
Old Feb 20th 2012, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Pebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nice

Coffeepot, so sad that all your patience has not been rewarded, it seems so unfair that the rules when you (we) applied do not seem to have been adhered to. I don't think I could have carried on just waiting if I was in your position.

That said, I try to believe things happen for a reason. I hope that some fabulous opportunity will come your way now, that you would have missed if your application had already been processed as you expected.

Wishing you every success and happiness in whatever you decide to do.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 2:44 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

This is a sad post really, can't believe we have decided not to wait any longer, just received an email back from CIC . I emailed them to say we had exceeded the time stated by several months, our reply was they had filled the quota, that we would not be processed for some time ( although they couldn't say how long ) that if we want our money back then we can have it. Having waited patiently ( for the most ) since April 2007 we have decided to pull our application. Enough is enough. I don't mind the waiting what I do mind is the processing of new applicants over the old ones,
So wish you all the very best, will pop in now and again to see how others are doing.
Oh I'm so sorry you have been let down in such a phenomenally bad way. I totally get what you are saying about the older applicants being pushed back while the newer ones are processed first. It's wrong, really wrong. I wish you all the best for the future, wherever life takes you.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 2:55 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no how on earth can they justify processising all of the newer applications and blatantly discarding the older ones. All that you guys ave been through too.

Are you staying in the UK? Why don't you leave your application in and just forget about it - carry on with your lives wherever they may be - and then if finally they send a docs request, it'll be a nice surprise to deal with at the time.

Much love for whatever the future holds xxx
Old Feb 20th 2012, 7:54 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting, We are now approaching the latest time as set by CIC of 58 months there is no way we will be processed in that time, our now 10 nearly 11 year old is going up to secondary school in sept, never thought we wouldn't have heard anything at all by now.
I still can not understand how they can shelve all of the old applicants and still process new applications, I am totally bewildered and extremely disappointed with the whole process, sorry for all of you still waiting, good luck to all.
I feel your pain and anguish. I too agree that shelving applicants that applied well before the latest applicants is totally unfair. I'm partially on the same camp in that respect (Ministerial instruction 1). When we applied in early 2010 average processing time was quoted as 13 months. We are now being quoted 27 months. Maybe history is starting to repeat itself?

For a country that appears to present itself as a 'fair country' with equal opportunities for all, the immigration system is pretty much unequal and doesn't exactly bode well for the image Canada tries to portray.

I remember reading your posts in the past and have to give you full points for effort on hanging in there for so long. It's a shame that it's come to you pulling your application. Good luck in life all the same

Last edited by james.mc; Feb 20th 2012 at 8:01 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 7:59 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Oh no how on earth can they justify processising all of the newer applications and blatantly discarding the older ones. All that you guys ave been through too.

Are you staying in the UK? Why don't you leave your application in and just forget about it - carry on with your lives wherever they may be - and then if finally they send a docs request, it'll be a nice surprise to deal with at the time.

Much love for whatever the future holds xxx
Actually I agree with Mandy here... leave the application in. Get on with your life in the meantime, and something may come of it.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 8:18 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Hey CP. Just wanted to say good luck with the rest of your life!!!!

If you end up feeling anything like we did once we made that decision, its actually quite liberating to take back your own future and have life back in your own hands. I can only say how things have been for us but life is good and I think had we never tried to get into Canada and gone through all that we did to try and get there, we may never have realised how great our lives actually are.

I am pretty much over the hating anything Canadian now and do see myself going back for a visit one day but for now our future is here and we are enjoying Europe. Really, really hope that things work out for you and life brings you much happiness.

Best wishes hunni xxx
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by james.mc
I feel your pain and anguish. I too agree that shelving applicants that applied well before the latest applicants is totally unfair. I'm partially on the same camp in that respect (Ministerial instruction 1). When we applied in early 2010 average processing time was quoted as 13 months. We are now being quoted 27 months. Maybe history is starting to repeat itself?

For a country that appears to present itself as a 'fair country' with equal opportunities for all, the immigration system is pretty much unequal and doesn't exactly bode well for the image Canada tries to portray.

I remember reading your posts in the past and have to give you full points for effort on hanging in there for so long. It's a shame that it's come to you pulling your application. Good luck in life all the same
I think you are right, history is repeating itself. Totally unfair to process new applicants, especially when we are still on the list ? We were never going to have a better life, or to leave because we hated it here, OH has a great job here, we live in a fab part of England ( lived in Cambridge when we applied, still own our house there ) we have been very blessed ( I know some may find that cheesy ) but that's what we have been. We wanted an adventure, to try something new, we love Canada as a place, like the layed back way of things, made friends with quite a few Canadians both here and in Canada. I think we could live there quite happily OH has the skills needed to get a good job and be able to still enjoy life spend more time with our now 11 year old ( as of yesterday )
He was 5 when we applied we had 3 at uni ( 2 still there )
Things change as the children get older many of you know this, he has just sat and passed the 11 plus ( Kent ) we are waiting to hear what school he has or weather to school private ( if he doesn't get the Grammer school he wants )
It is a much bigger decision now to move him once in his secondary school.

If you like us are Pre feb 2008 I think it would be quicker to withdraw, get a refund, if you still want to go reapply than to sit in this que.
We thought about going with a job offer TWP a while back, in this climate for us that would be far too risky,
The worst thing about this process is not being informed properly, CIC could learn a lot from BE and how people feel, they should send out a survey to get customer feedback

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.