Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Spring in the garden - what & when will you sow?

Spring in the garden - what & when will you sow?

Old Apr 17th 2014, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spring in the garden - what & when will you sow?

Originally Posted by fidobsa
Hi digger, I thought you said you had given up as the soil was too poor?
I have just posted a response to this read carefully digger
Old Apr 17th 2014, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by digger47
I have given up on all veg even spuds my ground its a clay sand mix holds no moisture and if say spuds the ground just hardens up producing miss shape even root veg just can not grow the way the intended to grow the very high temputre sends beans into thermal budding forming early flowering then no produce, so a stack of seed spare from last year, so Fill up all ground with Hellianthus at least I will have colours to enjoy with a strong pot of PG Tips digger
I was mainly referring to the beans, I knew you were growing the Helianthus.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was mainly referring to the beans, I knew you were growing the Helianthus.
Sorry, going to give then one last chance I have now Shading net to put over and a misting unit to keep on them all so can not go with out broad beans new spuds if I can get them good bacon smothered in white sauce my by weekly treat and a little nip of marrow rum it's good digger
Old May 4th 2014, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Well just back in one piece the thunderstorm left hart broken to see so much damage I lost one there'd of my plants owing to volume of water coming of the hill side around me 63mm of rain in one go now given up no re sowing as every row mixed up with each other so just have to see what arrives time will tell digger
Old May 4th 2014, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that, digger. I'm not trying to grow anything but I'm trying to dig trenches to lay a new waste pipe from the kitchen to the main sewer pipe. Almost as quickly as I dig them the rain washes the piles of soil back in!
Old May 4th 2014, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that, digger. I'm not trying to grow anything but I'm trying to dig trenches to lay a new waste pipe from the kitchen to the main sewer pipe. Almost as quickly as I dig them the rain washes the piles of soil back in!
I can not return till Polymaster repairs the road ways my friend his plot is on the central higher road and is wash out completely last time we had had heavy rain it was nearly a week before I could return but this time it will take longer to do the repairs, so sit tight in Bpest till given ok all roads are open digger
Old May 4th 2014, 8:18 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

I can not return till Polymaster repairs the road ways my friend his plot is on the central higher road and is wash out completely last time we had had heavy rain it was nearly a week before I could return but this time it will take longer to do the repairs, so sit tight in Bpest till given ok all roads are open digger
Sorry to hear your hard work was undone Digger, keep your chin up
Old May 5th 2014, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Rural Hungary;11245805]Sorry to hear your hard work was undone Digger, keep your chin up [/QUOTE

I wish to thank both responder's to my last post for their good look in returning my Garden to some sort of productive plot digger
Old May 5th 2014, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Today I struck concrete, too big a lump to dig out so the pipe will go round it. If it was Time Team digging the trench they would only have unearthed a couple of bits of broken pottery!

Old May 5th 2014, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Today I struck concrete, too big a lump to dig out so the pipe will go round it. If it was Time Team digging the trench they would only have unearthed a couple of bits of broken pottery!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...psa55e4e00.jpg
It will drive you round the Bend when finding such a Lump digger
Old May 16th 2014, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes I am back in B/Pest just recovered from a frightening Sunday evening the thunder storm direct over me the Clap was so Load it shuck the property nearly of the foundation's but worse was it dislodged my false teeth so no electricity picking one up went out side, teeth in hand their was a thunder flash 150 meters away, back of me on top of plot the lighting struck a tree caught fire in amazement out of the Fire a figure appeared stating in a large deep voice THEY SHALL NOT GARDEN THIS YEAR, Next morning went to see the damage in the wake of the storm, wife phoned Polymaster for assistance for help in cutting down fallen trees so I could get down to main road, in one shaken persons that's me don till all clear is given I want sunshine not storm after storm digger
Old May 16th 2014, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Yes I am back in B/Pest just recovered from a frightening Sunday evening the thunder storm direct over me the Clap was so Load it shuck the property nearly of the foundation's but worse was it dislodged my false teeth so no electricity picking one up went out side, teeth in hand their was a thunder flash 150 meters away, back of me on top of plot the lighting struck a tree caught fire in amazement out of the Fire a figure appeared stating in a large deep voice THEY SHALL NOT GARDEN THIS YEAR, Next morning went to see the damage in the wake of the storm, wife phoned Polymaster for assistance for help in cutting down fallen trees so I could get down to main road, in one shaken persons that's me don till all clear is given I want sunshine not storm after storm digger
Oh dear, that sounds awful and very frightening. Forecast for next week is good though, so hopefully we will all soon be clear of the nasty weather.
Old May 16th 2014, 3:53 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

... back of me on top of plot the lighting struck a tree caught fire in amazement out of the Fire a figure appeared stating in a large deep voice THEY SHALL NOT GARDEN THIS YEAR....
He didn't by chance have a couple of stone tablets with growing instructions on them
Old May 16th 2014, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
He didn't by chance have a couple of stone tablets with growing instructions on them
Yes the Ten Condiments I HAVE BROKEN ALL OF THEM digger
Old May 19th 2014, 3:09 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Yes the Ten Condiments I HAVE BROKEN ALL OF THEM digger
Thankfully, despite learning them by rote as a child, I can't remember half of them so can blissfully claim ignorance if I have broken any.....

HOLD ON - wasn't one of them not to kill... goes off to google...
DIGGER is there something you want to tell us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.