Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Healthcare requirements to satisfy immigration

Healthcare requirements to satisfy immigration

Old Aug 15th 2021, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Healthcare requirements to satisfy immigration

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
From the BMBAH site when applying for Residency (Not Permanent)DOCUMENTS PROVING THE EXISTENCE OF COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH INSURANCE

Enclosed with the application for residence permit the applicant shall provide proof of having access to comprehensive health insurance services (in particular on the basis of specific other legislation on the social security system, international agreement, or under specific agreement), or that he/she has the necessary financial resources to cover the costs of such services.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not sure if all types of Residency require proof or not but the Residency Permit I have they asked for proof.

I am applying in December for Permanent Residency and I am expecting them to require proof then also.

Hopefully after getting approved I can purchase the Hungarian State Insuranve TAJ Card and pay into it and then drop the expat Insurance because it is very expensive if you have had back surgery and are over 60.
I have just been looking at the BMBAH site so that I can download and fill in the forms manually as I find it easier that way but can't find where the forms are for renewing my existing residency card are for the post Brexit purpose ... would that be for permanent or non permanent residency ? My current residency card ( Registracios Igazolas ) doesn't show any expiry date on it ... !!
I will sign up for the TAJ scheme if proof of health insurance / coverage is required ...
Old Aug 16th 2021, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

The exchanging of EU residency cards held by UK citizens is the result of the UK leaving the EU. It is part of the withdrawal agreement between the EU and the UK.

Hungary has choosen to issue UK citizens with EU residency cards issued by Hungary with a general National Permanent Residency Permit (issued by Hungary).
So that should be what you are trying to do, an exchange of your Hungarian EU residency card with a National Permanent Residency Permit. You are not renewing your existing card.

This has been streamline for UK citizens so only minimal checks will be performed, mainly related to security of Hungary, and proof that you are covered by Brexit.

I think you use the same forms as any application for the National Permanent Residency Permit, but you should indicate you are doing as part of the Brexit agreement, so they will not ask for all the information required for a normal application.

There is a web page in English that explains this. Search for Brexit on the BMBAH website.
Old Aug 16th 2021, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ecurb
The exchanging of EU residency cards held by UK citizens is the result of the UK leaving the EU. It is part of the withdrawal agreement between the EU and the UK.

Hungary has choosen to issue UK citizens with EU residency cards issued by Hungary with a general National Permanent Residency Permit (issued by Hungary).
So that should be what you are trying to do, an exchange of your Hungarian EU residency card with a National Permanent Residency Permit. You are not renewing your existing card.

This has been streamline for UK citizens so only minimal checks will be performed, mainly related to security of Hungary, and proof that you are covered by Brexit.

I think you use the same forms as any application for the National Permanent Residency Permit, but you should indicate you are doing as part of the Brexit agreement, so they will not ask for all the information required for a normal application.

There is a web page in English that explains this. Search for Brexit on the BMBAH website.
Thanks ! I finally found the correct form as there are two that are very similar, fortunately the one that clips the edge off on the right hand side was not the form I needed ! I have downloaded the guidlines form from the Enter Hungary site but will see if I can find the web page you describe on the BMBAH website just to make sure I don't end up filling in things I don't need to and repeat information they already have !