Food?

Old Feb 5th 2013, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

kohoutek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Food?

Does anybody need anything bringing over as we travel from the UK in May.

i.e Baked Beans / Spices / Rice / Flour

I have a Ford Ranger Wildtrak with a cab so can bring small stuff over with me

Michael/Julie

Last edited by kohoutek; Feb 5th 2013 at 3:26 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 3:52 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Food?

Originally Posted by kohoutek
Does anybody need anything bringing over as we travel from the UK in May.

i.e Baked Beans / Spices / Rice / Flour

I have a Ford Ranger Wildtrak with a cab so can bring small stuff over with me

Michael/Julie
Are you serious!!!!! Do you realise you will probably end up with a ton of baked beans in the cab........
Nearer the time, if I'm low on spices, I might impose on you to bring over some things for me - if that's okay. I can have them delivered to you so as not to put you out too much.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

kohoutek is an unknown quantity at this point

Your probably right there Rural, i will have a couple of cases for clothing, and a tent.
I will have to dispose of my empty beer kegs i get from Germany on the way, i have one of those Philips Perfect Draft machines.........LOL
Old Feb 5th 2013, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, probably best to ask nearer the time. I'm still hoping to get to UK myself before then and will be stocking up on cornflour, Branston pickle, Lidl rice krispies, Aldi shreddies and certain spices.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future

If load space is tight but like me there are days when only Heinz Tomato Soup will do,then try Squeeze and Stir from Heinz,tomato soup in a tube,a fraction of the weight of a tin and takes up no room at all!We have just got a good supply from the U.K,so no more trips to Austria to buy very exspensive tins of soup.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you find baked beans in Hungary? Or are they inferior to UK version?
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:27 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Can't you find baked beans in Hungary? Or are they inferior to UK version?
Tesco's own make are okay but I tend to use baked beans figuratively rather than literally as it is the food most often associated with expats - as well as sausages.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Tomsky2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Etch Primer......lol cant find the stuff anywhere and im half way through re spraying my Bike..
seriously getting it posted over with my cornflour and brown sauce
Old Mar 27th 2013, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Antibes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there,
You can buy Heinz Baked Beans in Tescos (just got some 290 HUF/tin) ..they also supply golden syrup and a few more UK products ... And if you have a trip to Budapest, there is a small british shop (name only in PM - I have nothing to do with them!) with good range of products (prices can be a bit high-check their website). Also a good treasure-chest in Budapest, an asian shop, right next to VASARCSARNOK with all the spices you might imagine (yes and UK products as well despite of the name Asia...) ..Hope it helps! Cheers, Agi
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Tapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really nice

Originally Posted by Antibes
Hello there,
You can buy Heinz Baked Beans in Tescos (just got some 290 HUF/tin) ..they also supply golden syrup and a few more UK products ... And if you have a trip to Budapest, there is a small british shop (name only in PM - I have nothing to do with them!) with good range of products (prices can be a bit high-check their website). Also a good treasure-chest in Budapest, an asian shop, right next to VASARCSARNOK with all the spices you might imagine (yes and UK products as well despite of the name: Asia...) ..Hope it helps! Cheers, Agi
thanks Antibes, you just answered a question I had about golden syrup, I need some for my flapjacks, honey didn't work too well, so off to Tesco even though I dislike the place.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Tapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tapsony-Hungary
thanks Antibes, you just answered a question I had about golden syrup, I need some for my flapjacks, honey didn't work too well, so off to Tesco even though I dislike the place.
went to tesco in Kesztely but no golden syrup, customer service desk very unhelpful, wouldn't even look on the computer for me. However I have found a recipe on line and it works, have made my own golden syrup, now on with the flapjacks.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Tomsky2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Please share that recipe pls x
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 11:51 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by Tomsky2012
Please share that recipe pls x
Google
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Antibes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there,
Sorry about tescos... I don't know the shops around Balaton, I live near Budapest and visit the ones here (ie.the one almost next to airport ferihegy has a good source of UK stuff). I do not mean to promote shops but I found two in Hungary dealing with UK products and deliver as well (I have not ordered yet just went to the shop itself of one of them). Do you want me to post their links or rather only in PM if anybody asks for it?
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 1:05 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by Antibes
Hello there,
Sorry about tescos... I don't know the shops around Balaton, I live near Budapest and visit the ones here (ie.the one almost next to airport ferihegy has a good source of UK stuff). I do not mean to promote shops but I found two in Hungary dealing with UK products and deliver as well (I have not ordered yet just went to the shop itself of one of them). Do you want me to post their links or rather only in PM if anybody asks for it?
Thanks but they have been mentioned on several posts. Okay for special occasions but, due to the cost of bringing them from the UK, a bit pricey for everyday use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.