British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Hungary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/)
-   -   English TV in Hungary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/english-tv-hungary-663194/)

klarika Jul 14th 2012 7:34 pm

Re: English TV in Hungary

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary (Post 10172075)
So he went with sat.hu in the end. Thought he might as out of the links posted, I said they were one of the more reliable companies.

I got their name from my cousin in Budapest she say's they are very good.

Rural Hungary Jul 14th 2012 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by klarika (Post 10172359)
I got their name from my cousin in Budapest she say's they are very good.

Oh, sorry, I thought you got it from here as their link was posted weeks ago when everybody was looking for somewhere to buy them.

klarika Jul 14th 2012 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary (Post 10172365)
Oh, sorry, I thought you got it from here as their link was posted weeks ago when everybody was looking for somewhere to buy them.

No problem was just glad that we found them the customer service seems to be quite good they phoned me a couple of day's later to see if there are any problems and to check we were all happy. (don't often get that)

Rural Hungary Jul 14th 2012 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by klarika (Post 10172372)
No problem was just glad that we found them the customer service seems to be quite good they phoned me a couple of day's later to see if there are any problems and to check we were all happy. (don't often get that)

For real? You crack me up :rofl:

waeguky Aug 18th 2012 5:12 pm

Sorry if this repeats anywhere, but unsure if this is the correct thread for me. Arrived in Budapest from Asia sorting a flat now, and was watching Sky in a few pubs... Looked about online for how to get this installed and I have an old Skybox that can be sent here, is it easy to get this set up. From previous comments sounds complicated and just fancied not having to use a VPN here. Sorry if this is old hat to you all. Also the place we are going to rent faces the river and so far I've seen no dishes on the buildings around it, are there any planning issues, or is it just ask the owner? There were twin cables behind the tv in the wall but does local cable tv... use these?

Rural Hungary Aug 18th 2012 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by waeguky (Post 10234036)
Sorry if this repeats anywhere, but unsure if this is the correct thread for me. Arrived in Budapest from Asia sorting a flat now, and was watching Sky in a few pubs... Looked about online for how to get this installed and I have an old Skybox that can be sent here, is it easy to get this set up. From previous comments sounds complicated and just fancied not having to use a VPN here. Sorry if this is old hat to you all. Also the place we are going to rent faces the river and so far I've seen no dishes on the buildings around it, are there any planning issues, or is it just ask the owner? There were twin cables behind the tv in the wall but does local cable tv... use these?

Hi and welcome to the forum. I would check with the landlord first as to whether dishes are permitted. From what you have described, I would guess there are local planning laws prohibiting them and the cables are more likely to be for Hungarian cable TV. I could be assuming incorrectly but you can find out easily enough by giving your landlord a call :fingerscrossed:

Rural Hungary Sep 16th 2012 5:30 pm

Update on the sat dish issue.

Apparently the 150cm dish works fine and several expats have this set up working. There is a chap in Zalaegerszeg who fits the system, he covers most areas, and it costs around 85,000ft if you have your own box and 100,000ft if he supplies a Thomson box - this apparently gives you all the UK channels. I'll look his number out and post it in case anybody is interested.

Rural Hungary Sep 22nd 2012 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary (Post 10283765)
I'll look his number out and post it in case anybody is interested.

Having spoken with several Brits who now use this system, I can add that they are all pleased with it and receive all the UK channels. Prices seem to range from 75,000-85,000ft, I'm assuming this is dependant on the distance Feri has to travel. The most expensive quote we have heard of included a Thomson box and was 100,000ft - for those without a sky box, this seem quite an affordable option.
The chap speaks fairly good English and can be contacted on 06302520934 or by email at orbanferi at zelkanet.hu

John Gilbert Sep 26th 2012 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary (Post 10294048)
Having spoken with several Brits who now use this system, I can add that they are all pleased with it and receive all the UK channels. Prices seem to range from 75,000-85,000ft, I'm assuming this is dependant on the distance Feri has to travel. The most expensive quote we have heard of included a Thomson box and was 100,000ft - for those without a sky box, this seem quite an affordable option.
The chap speaks fairly good English and can be contacted on 06302520934 or by email at orbanferi at zelkanet.hu

Seems like a very good price as 1.5 meter dishes alone in uk seem to cost £350 to £400 , say HUF 125,000

balazs_s Nov 8th 2012 5:36 pm

Hi,

I just moved back from the UK to Hungary.
Could you give me an advice how to get the British channals in Pecs pls?
Many thx.

balazs_s Nov 8th 2012 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by riahun (Post 9036201)
Hi telly-addicts:)

We were in the same situation a few months ago having installed a 1m dish and not being able to watch the usual channels like ITV, channel 4 and 5 and of course the BBC channels. Apparently you'd need a 3m dish to be able to do just that.

Someone on another forum site gave me a link and now we can watch all our favourite uk and us shows on the internet for £6.50 a month. You don't need to pay out for a sling box and then having someone back home with a sky box and so on. All you need is internet access and you can run the shows through your telly if you prefer that.

If you want to know more, send me a message and I'll give you the link. It's very easy to install and you'll be up and running in no time.

Regards,

Ria

Hi Ria,

Could you send me the deatils pls.

Many thx,

Balazs

Rural Hungary Nov 8th 2012 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by balazs_s (Post 10373141)
Hi Ria,

Could you send me the deatils pls.

Many thx,

Balazs

Hi and welcome to the forum. All you need is a VPN, a google search will bring you up numerous different companies VPNUK is a decent reliable service from what I hear. However, you do need to be aware that VPN's are used for some unsavory internet activities and you should not connect to any site containing personal or sensitive information whilst connected.
Alternatively, you can watch the latest episodes of most TV shows (not that I advocate it as the legality is questionable:unsure: ) via sites such as Channelcut.eu, tv-links.eu and many other similar sites.

balazs_s Nov 8th 2012 7:15 pm

Hi,

Many thx for the advice.
I am not a computer expert. How does VPN help and what do I need to do to be able to get this sort out?
I appreciate any advice.

Many thx,

Balazs

Mitzyboy Nov 8th 2012 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by balazs_s (Post 10373237)
Hi,

Many thx for the advice.
I am not a computer expert. How does VPN help and what do I need to do to be able to get this sort out?
I appreciate any advice.

Many thx,

Balazs

A VPN allows you to browse anonymously ... in other words no one will be able to tell where or who you are and your IP will change regularly. Therefore even though you are living abroad, if you pick a UK server on your VPN package you will be able to view things like Netflix and BBC iplayer

For instance, HERE

cathyg Nov 10th 2012 6:57 pm

Try Film On through Internet. YOu can watch live uk tv. Just tried it here in Budapest and got strictly straight away.