Covid Booster.

Old Nov 4th 2021, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid Booster.

Just heard on the news - from 22nd to 28th November anyone can go to a vaccine point at the hospital and get a jab without an appointment.

Whilst they did not say so I suspect it has to be 6 months since the previous jab.

As far as I have heard the current vaccine regime is 2 linked jabs and then 6 months later a booster. I've heard nothing about a 2nd booster jab (which would be the 4th jab). Potentially important for us Brits as the UK hasn't recognised sinopharm yet so those with 2 x sinopharm plus different booster will as far as I know still have to self quarantine for 10 days on entry to the UK. If another booster is offered I hope it will be possible to get the 2 boosters to count as fully vaccinated and so avoid the self quarantine.

On a later item it was said that the expectation for this wave of covid was that it would peak at the beginning of December

Cross posted with Expatrick
Old Nov 4th 2021, 3:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Just heard on the news - from 22nd to 28th November anyone can go to a vaccine point at the hospital and get a jab without an appointment.

Whilst they did not say so I suspect it has to be 6 months since the previous jab.

As far as I have heard the current vaccine regime is 2 linked jabs and then 6 months later a booster. I've heard nothing about a 2nd booster jab (which would be the 4th jab). Potentially important for us Brits as the UK hasn't recognised sinopharm yet so those with 2 x sinopharm plus different booster will as far as I know still have to self quarantine for 10 days on entry to the UK. If another booster is offered I hope it will be possible to get the 2 boosters to count as fully vaccinated and so avoid the self quarantine.

On a later item it was said that the expectation for this wave of covid was that it would peak at the beginning of December
We were told 4 months interval.

Government email a few days ago

Therefore, if you are over 18 years of age and have taken your previous vaccination more than 4 months ago, you should also apply for the booster third vaccination
Old Nov 5th 2021, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary

Cross posted with Expatrick
Will be telling my wife about the 22nd to 28th November event so she can get her first one! She's still not received any details when to book an appointment!
Old Nov 6th 2021, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

My booster was six months after 2nd jab.
I don't go to the GP very often, the only other times I have been I have had a lengthy wait, so was surprised to arrive and find no one there, so straight in, Jabbed and 15 mins finger twiddling , out and finished, fine job!
I don't know if it is standard practice or just because I am English, but they even printed out the international travel certificate for me.
Old Nov 6th 2021, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Not good news!

https://hungarytoday.hu/hungary-coun...smission-rate/

Hungary Becomes Country with Highest Covid Transmission Rate in the World

Old Nov 6th 2021, 2:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
Not good news!

https://hungarytoday.hu/hungary-coun...smission-rate/

Hungary Becomes Country with Highest Covid Transmission Rate in the World

Don't know if it's any consolation but the 7 day average, per million, is less than the UK, for example.

But will it stay that way?
Old Nov 15th 2021, 11:41 am
Banned

mandst1499 is an unknown quantity at this point

"""Whilst they did not say so I suspect it has to be 6 months since the previous jab.

As far as I have heard the current vaccine regime is 2 linked jabs and then 6 months later a booster. I've heard nothing about a 2nd booster jab (which would be the 4th jab). Potentially important for us Brits as the UK hasn't recognised sinopharm yet so those with 2 x sinopharm plus different booster will as far as I know still have to self quarantine for 10 days on entry to the UK. If another booster is offered I hope it will be possible to get the 2 boosters to count as fully vaccinated and so avoid the self quarantine."""

Hi, it was 4 months on my experience.

And to get around the UK accepting the booster. Go for the Jennsen shot. This is a one shot dose and gives you full immunity for travel to the UK. The majority of my friends who had sinopharm did this and it works perfectly

Last edited by mandst1499; Nov 15th 2021 at 11:44 am.
Old Nov 15th 2021, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandst1499
"""Whilst they did not say so I suspect it has to be 6 months since the previous jab.

As far as I have heard the current vaccine regime is 2 linked jabs and then 6 months later a booster. I've heard nothing about a 2nd booster jab (which would be the 4th jab). Potentially important for us Brits as the UK hasn't recognised sinopharm yet so those with 2 x sinopharm plus different booster will as far as I know still have to self quarantine for 10 days on entry to the UK. If another booster is offered I hope it will be possible to get the 2 boosters to count as fully vaccinated and so avoid the self quarantine."""

Hi, it was 4 months on my experience.

And to get around the UK accepting the booster. Go for the Jennsen shot. This is a one shot dose and gives you full immunity for travel to the UK. The majority of my friends who had sinopharm did this and it works perfectly
IF you're offered the Jenssen Vaccination! I was only offered a choice between Pfizer and Moderna. Originally it was four months after the second jab.

No problem now about the Sinopharn vaccine not being accepted in the UK.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/new...k-from-nov-22/

EU Nationals Vaccinated With Any of the WHO-Approved Vaccines Can Travel to UK From Nov. 22