British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Hungary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/)
-   -   Covid Booster. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/covid-booster-941151/)

duztee Oct 17th 2021 10:24 am

Covid Booster.

Anyone had, considering, know anything about follow up booster jabs?

scrubbedexpat142 Oct 17th 2021 10:26 am

Re: Covid Booster.

Contacted by the doctor a few weeks ago, we've only just passed the 4 month qualifying interval so we are waiting to be called forward.

enter Oct 17th 2021 12:50 pm

Had our booster in August (Keszthely Korhaz) ,Moderna as we had 2x sinopharm

Sachina Oct 18th 2021 5:56 am

I had mine in August. I was given the choice of Moderna or Pfizer but was recommended the Pfizer due to my age, which is what I had. My first two vaccs were Sinopharm.

duztee Oct 18th 2021 7:10 am

Did you have to apply for booster or were you contacted automatically by the system?

Sachina Oct 18th 2021 7:38 am

Originally Posted by duztee (Post 13062798)
Did you have to apply for booster or were you contacted automatically by the system?

I applied on government website form.

scrubbedexpat142 Oct 18th 2021 7:47 am

Originally Posted by duztee (Post 13062798)

We were contacted by the doctor who administered the first 2 shots.

duztee Nov 2nd 2021 12:48 pm

Called the GP this morning, have an appointment for booster jab on Thursday, so remarkably quick and easy!

Peter_in_Hungary Nov 2nd 2021 1:29 pm

Flu jabs are available as well - although I don't know if they will do them at the same time

FenTiger Nov 3rd 2021 9:20 am

My Hungarian wife still hasn't had her covid vaccination so she has set up a new email address to see if it gets through.

scrubbedexpat142 Nov 4th 2021 11:51 am

Alarming figures here now, hope you're all getting / got your vaccinations & boosters.

Sachina Nov 4th 2021 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Expatrick (Post 13068450)
Alarming figures here now, hope you're all getting / got your vaccinations & boosters.

And wearing masks ,social distancing and washing or disinfecting hands regularly. One things for sure, it's going to get worse before it gets better!

scrubbedexpat142 Nov 4th 2021 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Sachina (Post 13068468)
And wearing masks ,social distancing and washing or disinfecting hands regularly. One things for sure, it's going to get worse before it gets better!

Spot on.

enter Nov 4th 2021 2:49 pm

For those of us that had a booster in August (previously 2 x Sinopharm) will be interesting when/ if we will be advised to go for a further booster .

scrubbedexpat142 Nov 4th 2021 3:46 pm

Just seen this

Vaccination against the coronavirus will be made available without the requirement of pre-registration at hospital vaccination points between November 22 and 28, the government website koronavirus.gov.hu said on Thursday. The government has allocated additional capacities in hospitals throughout Hungary and especially in Budapest in order to further boost the vaccination rate and stop the spread of the virus, the website said. The vaccination points will be open in 101 hospitals between 7am and 7pm, offering first-dose, second-dose and booster shots, it added.
Source: dailynewshungary