Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Getting rid of a car nobody wants.......

Getting rid of a car nobody wants.......

Old Nov 16th 2021, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting rid of a car nobody wants.......

Got this Honda at Accord with 400,000 Km, only 2008 but once i start my two days in the office again I think it will be worn out pretty quickly. Currently mechanically sound but will need the M-V in January and I am loathe to put a lot of money into the car. Don't fancy the summer commute for an hour without air con.

Tried to go around and see if can p/ex it but no bites. Probably going to be hard to sell due to the KM and there are some cosmetic blemishes and the A/C is not currently running. Was an emergency car from a family member (car dealer) and let us just say that relationship is likely over now.........................

If it comes to it what are the rules on scrapping cars here? Don't have the energy to sell it for parts and for mental health reasons would want it gone. Replacement would need finance as I am just a little worker bee and that looks complicated, but kids, work and everyhing else need something I can rely on.

Life is a bit rubbish a lot of the time.
Old Nov 16th 2021, 9:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting rid of a car nobody wants.......

Can't help with the car but just wanted to say that I am sorry you are struggling a bit.

Chin up, hang in there!

Good luck!
Old Nov 16th 2021, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

xavierx is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you might be shooting yourself in the foot scrapping it.
Looking on Ooyyo, there are Accords advertised with similar age and mileage in the 3000-4000 euro range. Sure this is no guarantee that they will sell, but surely worth at least half that no?

https://www.ooyyo.com/hungary/used-h...608F577BD4535/
Old Nov 19th 2021, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well had to go to Szeged the other day and the stupid car behaved impeccably. I dunno.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Serious question..... what issues does the car have and what would you want for it?