Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
My brother in law was abused by a bunch of Mumbaites yesterday around the pool at a hotel he uses during the day.He asked them to keep the noise down and to stop playing football around the pool. They told him that it was their country and you should be quiet or go home as your not wanted here. Ignorance knows no boarders...!
If we have problems with hotel visitors we ask the pool boy or management to deal with it. The rules, like no ball games around the pool, are quite clearly displayed but a few ignorant people can spoil things for everyone.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 10:02 am
Yes a friend to all BEs

IndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond repute

My brother in law was abused by a bunch of Mumbaites yesterday around the pool at a hotel he uses during the day.He asked them to keep the noise down and to stop playing football around the pool. They told him that it was their country and you should be quiet or go home as your not wanted here. Ignorance knows no boarders...!
That's very sad and bad. Simply hooligans. They were either drunk or crazy or both. You've probably lived long enough in India to know that the vast majority of people in this country will never think this way or use such offensive language. I do hope the Hotel management's attention was drawn and these ejits were banned from entering the premises ever again.

If he didn't speak to the Management, pls PM me the name of Hotel and other details and I will phone/write to them. Such an incident should never happen again, ever!!

And as an Indian living in India, it would be fitting for me to offer him an apology, hoping this one-off incident does not leave a wrong impression about the Country and its people on him.

Cheers
Old Dec 17th 2012, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Tina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by IndianFriend
That's very sad and bad. Simply hooligans. They were either drunk or crazy or both. You've probably lived long enough in India to know that the vast majority of people in this country will never think this way or use such offensive language. I do hope the Hotel management's attention was drawn and these ejits were banned from entering the premises ever again.

If he didn't speak to the Management, pls PM me the name of Hotel and other details and I will phone/write to them. Such an incident should never happen again, ever!!

And as an Indian living in India, it would be fitting for me to offer him an apology, hoping this one-off incident does not leave a wrong impression about the Country and its people on him.

Cheers
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 8:10 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
I'll tell you what ********* me off today, the whole bloody suicidal nurse thing.
There is something so wrong about all this.
She didn't tell the Australian idiots anything.
She was a nurse who simply answered the phone at 5.30 am, probably in the middle of doing something more important.
She has not been told off or even criticized by anyone.

And she supposedly commits suicide purely because of this?

Nothing to do with a stressful job?
Nothing to do with her family living in Bristol and her working and living in London?
Nothing to do with her "husband" having a different surname.
Nothing to do with living a transient migrant worker life?

And only today do we have a post-mortem to establish how she actually died!

But worst of all, by a mile, we now have Vaseline Vaz sticking his corrupt nose in.
Why?
He is MP for Leicester - she lived in Bristol and worked in London
Because she is Indian, and absolutely no other reason.

If that isn't racially motivated, then I don't know what is?

We are stuck with him though as Leicester has so many asian residents he has a meal ticket for life...........Yuk.

Looks like we (me and afd) were right then?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ce-before.html

And Vaz met the family (inc now "adopted" daughter) on their return to Heathrow.............. attention seeking tosser!

Old Dec 23rd 2012, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
Looks like we (me and afd) were right then?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ce-before.html

And Vaz met the family (inc now "adopted" daughter) on their return to Heathrow.............. attention seeking tosser!

There was obvious speculation that this poor nurse may have had other problems also, there had also been disputes with colleagues (not unusual in hospitals).
But this is a family tragedy, and what possible difference does it make that their daughter is adopted????
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Sun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really nice

waiting 4 days for Tata sky to come
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sun Hunter
waiting 4 days for Tata sky to come
Complain, phone them again and again, it's the waiting around and with no tv to watch that is so annoying. Personally I sit on the balcony and read and chat to passers by but i'd rather be by the pool.
Old Dec 26th 2012, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

We are flooded, or rather our garden is flooded, the gardens either side are fine, it is just ours, the summerhouse, complete with sofa, armchair and carpet is flooded. Last time this happened was over 30 years ago when the stream overflowed before the council did some remedial work on the stream further along from us, looks like it is time they did some more. Last time our children got the dingy out and paddled it around the garden, we no longer have the dingy, it perished years ago otherwise the grandchildren could have done the same. Luckily the house is on a slight rise and being Victorian the ground floor is three steps up from ground level.
Old Dec 26th 2012, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by k800mer
We are flooded, or rather our garden is flooded, the gardens either side are fine, it is just ours, the summerhouse, complete with sofa, armchair and carpet is flooded. Last time this happened was over 30 years ago when the stream overflowed before the council did some remedial work on the stream further along from us, looks like it is time they did some more. Last time our children got the dingy out and paddled it around the garden, we no longer have the dingy, it perished years ago otherwise the grandchildren could have done the same. Luckily the house is on a slight rise and being Victorian the ground floor is three steps up from ground level.
Feel so sorry for flood victims in the UK and I`m having to water my garden....
Old Dec 26th 2012, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by msj5
Feel so sorry for flood victims in the UK and I`m having to water my garden....
I also feel sorry for the flood victims, for us it is just the garden, it must be dreadful for those who have had their homes flooded. If you are insured most things can be replaced or repaired but not things like family photographs.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

The Hooray Hari`s from The Sunburn Festival tooting and hooting up and down Baga Road with Dimple or was it Twinkle draped and in some cases drooping down both sides of the back seat.The Primary Health Centre in Candolim must be doing a roaring trade in splints and bandages. The cops are turning in a pretty penny too dragging them to one side and making them cough up a hundred a go for no licence.Already seen two accidents today and in one hour and both on Baga Road too.Mind you last night in Calingute was like being on a Mad Max movie with every body trying to be Mel Gibson.I hope its Alien 2 tonight and we can be shut of the lot of them for good.The good side though it certainly improves your driving skills very quickly.My biggest nightmare is they bring Formula One Racing to Goa and make it Indian Drivers only.Thats when i emigrate to Antarctica.........
Old Dec 28th 2012, 9:18 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

The Hooray Hari`s from The Sunburn Festival tooting and hooting up and down Baga Road with Dimple or was it Twinkle draped and in some cases drooping down both sides of the back seat.The Primary Health Centre in Candolim must be doing a roaring trade in splints and bandages. The cops are turning in a pretty penny too dragging them to one side and making them cough up a hundred a go for no licence.Already seen two accidents today and in one hour and both on Baga Road too.Mind you last night in Calingute was like being on a Mad Max movie with every body trying to be Mel Gibson.I hope its Alien 2 tonight and we can be shut of the lot of them for good.The good side though it certainly improves your driving skills very quickly.My biggest nightmare is they bring Formula One Racing to Goa and make it Indian Drivers only.Thats when i emigrate to Antarctica.........
and that is why I have given the jeep to my cleaner and loyal friend in Goa.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Traffic hazards increasing all the time, also so, down in Karwar. Difficult now to cross to the other side of our own road. In the town centre pedestrians apparently invisible, or maybe not! two wheelers seem to aim for them or back into them.
Sunday evenings police have to help pedestrians get to the beach (since bridge built and goa road extended).

For some reason tinted car windows have become illegal, so visitors with these have to keep the windows down or in the pouring rain are fined every they go to the shops.

Lesson learned -- never stand too near a long distance coach in the bus station even when stationary people can still be sick out of the windows!!
Old Dec 28th 2012, 7:23 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.epaperoheraldo.in/Details...&dat=1228/2012

Sunburn festival pleasure for music lovers, but pain for locals
28 Dec: Herald. The three-day ' Sunburn' festival got off to a huge response in Candolim on Thursday, but locals had to face the music of a different kind as blaring horns and a surge in traffic clogged the road network in the area

www.goanvoice.org.uk
Old Dec 28th 2012, 7:58 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
http://www.epaperoheraldo.in/Details...&dat=1228/2012

Sunburn festival pleasure for music lovers, but pain for locals
28 Dec: Herald. The three-day ' Sunburn' festival got off to a huge response in Candolim on Thursday, but locals had to face the music of a different kind as blaring horns and a surge in traffic clogged the road network in the area

www.goanvoice.org.uk

Bestival - Goa style !!!!!

Dread - x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.