Weather!

Old May 8th 2009, 9:53 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weather!

Originally Posted by hemingway
J5! Good to hear from you - how's the scooter engineering project?

A convertible smart car isn't called a shoe - it's called 1 of 2 things:

a waste of money! OR

more money than sense!

Happy Weekend

Hemingway
I would not mind one, it would be easy to park where we live.
Hi J5 how are you in UK. Is Milwart behaving himself, does he find it cold.
Has he got cold .........s
Old May 8th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by johnny five
I think its called a shoe.
It would have to be a sandal - open on top!
Old May 8th 2009, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

J5! Good to hear from you - how's the scooter engineering project?

A convertible smart car isn't called a shoe - it's called 1 of 2 things:

a waste of money! OR

more money than sense!

Happy Weekend

Hemingway
Your wrong, a convertible is not a waste of money because it is something I enjoy and what's life (and money) for if you can not enjoy it! What I have I have worked hard for.
Old May 8th 2009, 10:18 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by k800mer
Your wrong, a convertible is not a waste of money because it is something I enjoy and what's life (and money) for if you can not enjoy it! What I have I have worked hard for.
I never suggested a converitlbe was a waste of money - I just can't see the point in 'smart cars' - there's only my wife & I in our household & we have three cars (for reasons I'm unsure of) one of which is a company hack - the other 2 are convertibles, 1 of which has a hard top that is fitted between November & April and is used by my wife all year round - the other, sits in the garage & is taken out on a Saturday or Sunday morning by me, when I can be a**ed to get out of bed at 6am when no other f**ker is on the road so I can drive the car how it is meant to be driven! I would never decry convertibles - I just don't like smart cars - probably lethal in an accident too.

Hemingway.
Old May 8th 2009, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

I never suggested a converitlbe was a waste of money - I just can't see the point in 'smart cars' - there's only my wife & I in our household & we have three cars (for reasons I'm unsure of) one of which is a company hack - the other 2 are convertibles, 1 of which has a hard top that is fitted between November & April and is used by my wife all year round - the other, sits in the garage & is taken out on a Saturday or Sunday morning by me, when I can be a**ed to get out of bed at 6am when no other f**ker is on the road so I can drive the car how it is meant to be driven! I would never decry convertibles - I just don't like smart cars - probably lethal in an accident too.

Hemingway.
Thats ok then, I agree with you about the smart car bit. We have four cars between three of us at home but one sits in the garage, my husbands 'classic' car. Now thats a waste of money, it needs work doing and he never seems to have the time. I too like driving through the night, I have the top down then also if it is dry.
Old May 8th 2009, 8:02 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Thats ok then, I agree with you about the smart car bit. We have four cars between three of us at home but one sits in the garage, my husbands 'classic' car. Now thats a waste of money, it needs work doing and he never seems to have the time. I too like driving through the night, I have the top down then also if it is dry.
Hope you are not in the Highlands of Scotland, as they have forecast snow flurries to-day, you will need a fur hat to keep your ears warm.
Old May 8th 2009, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by noni
Hope you are not in the Highlands of Scotland, as they have forecast snow flurries to-day, you will need a fur hat to keep your ears warm.
Never cast a clout till May is out!
Old May 9th 2009, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

powerhouse will become famous soon enoughpowerhouse will become famous soon enough

Ok so I'm a poser but I love the wind in my hair and the sun on my face (with sun tan lotion on of course) roll on October and Goa for 6 months - almost!
I have had the hood down a couple of times this year but the heating has been full on and I still froze. Last year it hardly came off at all. I'm off to Cornwall next bank holiday so fingers crossed.
Old May 9th 2009, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

old man will become famous soon enoughold man will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by powerhouse
I have had the hood down a couple of times this year but the heating has been full on and I still froze. Last year it hardly came off at all. I'm off to Cornwall next bank holiday so fingers crossed.
Like us. Wife is looking for a wig now, as I have the lid off if possible. :cool :It is supposed to heading towards summer, not bloody autumn. What do you use to get marks of the soft top. The old seagull has crapped over it, and have tried to clean it off but can still see mark.
Reading about all these sports cars, we must all be having a last fling.
Old May 9th 2009, 3:14 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Remy,that brings back memories,my old mother used to quote this when we teenagers and came in from the youth club shivering, sniffing and sneezing

She would say get some cloths on it serves you right,that's not a skirt it's a belt, where is your coat,we would reply "but it's spring mum",then she would say.Don't caste a clout till May is out.It's a very old saying
Old May 9th 2009, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Remy,that brings back memories,my old mother used to quote this when we teenagers and came in from the youth club shivering, sniffing and sneezing

She would say get some cloths on it serves you right,that's not a skirt it's a belt, where is your coat,we would reply "but it's spring mum",then she would say.Don't caste a clout till May is out.It's a very old saying
Yes, my Dear Grandparents seemed to have a saying or anecdote or parable for almost every occasion.......must research old sayings on Google and maybe open a thread. Im glad it stirred up some good memories for you.
Old May 9th 2009, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56

She would say get some cloths on it serves you right,tht's not a skirt it's aa belt, where is your coat,we would reply "but it's spring mum",then she would say.Don't caste a clout till May is out.It's a very old saying

Like me once a tart always a tart. Too cold for those skirts these days. Could do with some of the long red draws to the knees though. Do you remember those.
Old May 9th 2009, 5:44 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Oh bugger, I've been casting clouts all day! At least I would have been if I could have got close enough to the cap-wearing car drivers who doodle along at 50 nattering to their passengers. Even repeated blasts on the twin air horns (yes, on my scooter) takes a while to get their attention, and then they nearly drive of the road.
Hi Hemingway! J5 (the scooter) passed his MOT late on Thursday and I have been riding virtually ever since, brilliant. Nitrous kit had safely arrived at Dad's and I have been out getting wiring and switchgear as these were the only bits missing. This is the kit http://scooter-center.com/catalog/pr...89&language=en
Hi Noni, miss ya! Milwart says his b***s are not cold because he left them in Goa so they would stay warm, innit? He did say that the best way to get marks off your soft-top is to spread it with his honey, but he would, wouldn't he? Its something to do with ants I think?
Which brings me to the weather......off topic?...Me? Well to be perfectly honest it hasn't bothered me. One advantage of decent bike-gear (my previous machine was a 900 Triumph Tiger) is that it is warm and waterproof. Even the heavy rain and a hailstorm didn't get through and I have been as warm as toast, especially at Dad's, he is 82 and takes keeping warm very seriously!
Sorry have not been on much but am stealing the broadband wi-fi from students next door and its a bit intermittent.
Maybe I should go round and cast a few clouts?
Old May 9th 2009, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by johnny five
Oh bugger, I've been casting clouts all day! At least I would have been if I could have got close enough to the cap-wearing car drivers who doodle along at 50 nattering to their passengers. Even repeated blasts on the twin air horns (yes, on my scooter) takes a while to get their attention, and then they nearly drive of the road.
Hi Hemingway! J5 (the scooter) passed his MOT late on Thursday and I have been riding virtually ever since, brilliant. Nitrous kit had safely arrived at Dad's and I have been out getting wiring and switchgear as these were the only bits missing. This is the kit http://scooter-center.com/catalog/pr...89&language=en
Hi Noni, miss ya! Milwart says his b***s are not cold because he left them in Goa so they would stay warm, innit? He did say that the best way to get marks off your soft-top is to spread it with his honey, but he would, wouldn't he? Its something to do with ants I think?
Which brings me to the weather......off topic?...Me? Well to be perfectly honest it hasn't bothered me. One advantage of decent bike-gear (my previous machine was a 900 Triumph Tiger) is that it is warm and waterproof. Even the heavy rain and a hailstorm didn't get through and I have been as warm as toast, especially at Dad's, he is 82 and takes keeping warm very seriously!
Sorry have not been on much but am stealing the broadband wi-fi from students next door and its a bit intermittent.
Maybe I should go round and cast a few clouts?
Great to hear from you, thought I had lost you and found Remy again. As you have signed the pledge, Remy is more expensive to keep in 'noffi, or has the real ale caused you to have a lapse. Hope you are not playing with boys toys whilst Mrs Milwart is here, or has she gone home to the babies. Glad Milwarts B... are o.k.
Old May 9th 2009, 7:52 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
Great to hear from you, thought I had lost you and found Remy again. As you have signed the pledge, Remy is more expensive to keep in 'noffi, or has the real ale caused you to have a lapse. Hope you are not playing with boys toys whilst Mrs Milwart is here, or has she gone home to the babies. Glad Milwarts B... are o.k.
Saw your post about the cost of Soda Water. Well, me and my Dad sometimes go to our local Harvester at Old Windsor for an early-bird special, and they dont charge for it at all!
Her indoors is staying with her Mum in Oxfordshire, I am not, although we are meeting up regular like.
Am spending as much time as I want with my toys, with no-one to tell me not to...........eat your hearts out fellas!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.