Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Visa no entry unless 2 month gap even to PIO's

Visa no entry unless 2 month gap even to PIO's

Old Jan 1st 2010, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all
Default Re: Visa no entry unless 2 month gap even to PIO's

Originally Posted by stevebenaulim
Almost.
Would it not be easier, and do the same job, to
say, when your 6 month multi entry tourist visa
expires, you will not be issued another for 2 months???????????
no,
the two month ban isn't between visas.....its between trips.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johnny five
Yet again, you are approaching this from the "tourist" viewpoint.

All the points you make are more or less correct, but.............

This site is called "BritishExpats" and in the absence of an alternative visa, all we can apply for are tourist ones. I am sure we would all love to apply for something else, were it to be available (like it was for years and years until it was peremptorily removed)

Of course these latest stupid changes dont affect "genuine tourists", so go and defend them on a tourist forum, this one by definition is for Expats, clearly a dying breed in India where they are now (retrospectively of course, like most other legislation) ILLEGAL in any shape or form.

Unlike so many on here I am not a property owner (thank God) but I put my love and life into Goa for 17 years staying 4 months each year, rather than a couple of weeks in a "holiday home" and I am sick of being lectured on how this unjustified chaos is somehow my fault.

The only consolation I take away from this mess is that India is almost guaranteed to remain a third world country unless it is lucky enough to slip to fourth (more international handouts) and that if the chip on its shoulder grows big enough it might be able to use it to feed its starving millions that it still doesnt give a flying f**k about despite being a nuclear and space-race (ha bloody ha) power.

Happy New Year to all, and an escape from Looney-land!

Yeah well we are talking about tourist visas and the two month gap.

The rest once again nothing more than rant and IMHO not worthy of comment im afraid. AND what gives you the right to order people off this site....its an open forum.

Also note; you will still be able to stay there for your 4 months a year as an 'expat'

Ps. Happy New Year

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Jan 1st 2010 at 7:14 am.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by noni
You of all people know I love my time in Goa - but the stress is getting too much now.

Absolutely Noni,

but the changes don't affect the 6 monthers and looking at it from an unbiased and balanced approach (which i always try and do although obviously not welcomed by some at times) the 2 month gap is NOT a draconian measure especially compared with all of the other South Asian Countries.

Is the new ruling a huge disaster? NO

Is the new ruling an inconvenience? DEFINITELY

Living in India or any Country on an tourist visa was always gonna be a non starter....FACT!

The tightening up on x-visas is another story and you all should know how i feel about that one and be in no doubt as to who i support in the property and x-visa front as i have clearly demonstrated on here many times.

Regards,
Remy
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

N.B. from para #1 of the new MHA rules:

a Tourist Visa can only be granted to a foreigner who does not have a residence or occupation in India

so if you own property here, if you're a PIO get a PIO card or a least a 5yr X visa.
If not contact your MP, the British High Commission, First Secretary The Lord Mandelson, or anyone else you can think of 'cos you can't legally get a T visa and if you can't get an X visa YOU ARE STUFFED

AndyD 8-)#
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

... but to get the thread back On Topic - PIO / OCI card holders are excluded from the 2mth rule
(tho' it also says OCI's don't need visas, which is pretty good considering that posts elswhere report that a 6yr old whose parents forgot his OLD passport with U visas was given about 14 days to leave the country)

AndyD 8-)#
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by noni
Tel: 020-3117-0590 - Fax: 020-3117-0581 - Email: [email protected]

www.fto.co.uk/operators-factfile/tour-operators/

Email the above and complain about the Visa situation. Tour operators - many have not heard of this new rule.
May I suggest you call/address/email JULIE GRAVES from the FTO ( Federation of Tour Operators) with your thoughts and comments ?

Happy New Year to those who action on their words, not just talk !

K-C
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

yes, the wait between visas is apparently one month, but presumably you wouldn't be allowed entry for another month, so where's the point?
And if you own property in India you can't have a Tourist visa anyway!

AndyD 8-)#
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by a_f_d
yes, the wait between visas is apparently one month, but presumably you wouldn't be allowed entry for another month, so where's the point?
And if you own property in India you can't have a Tourist visa anyway!

AndyD 8-)#
but may now be able to get a 5 year x
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
but may now be able to get a 5 year x
... and if that little guy sitting just down the lane under the end of that rainbow is a leprechaun, it may well be worth digging there to find a pot of gold <BG>

AndyD 8-)#

** actually I agree this could well be a turning point; question is which way????
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 6:49 am
Just Joined

TrueManc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunglow
Hi All,

At the visa office in London today. NEW visas being stamped, no entry within 2 months of each entry. Even to PIO's.

Not good news for the Goan tourist trade at all!

Sunglow.
The general feelings of people here at the moment is a mixture of of anger and frustration. The papers put out an article saying the idea had been scrapped only to be followed by a statement by the Government saying the next day that the changes will stand. I have a feeling that it will go belly up in a few months and the goalposts will be moved again. It is going to cost people an arm and a leg, and our Government{LOL} should be tasked to sort the problem out.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 8:04 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TrueManc
The general feelings of people here at the moment is a mixture of of anger and frustration. The papers put out an article saying the idea had been scrapped only to be followed by a statement by the Government saying the next day that the changes will stand. I have a feeling that it will go belly up in a few months and the goalposts will be moved again. It is going to cost people an arm and a leg, and our Government{LOL} should be tasked to sort the problem out.
It is another nail in the FNs coffin who are in the unfortunate position to have purchased property in India.
Maybe Andy D and Remy are right about now applying for an X visa.The ruling should be that if you own property under the new ruling that X visa should be applied for and given but I somewhat doubt if applied for they will be given.
Also you are then freely owning up to the IHC that you own property where as I know many in the south who are not being investgated by the D of E are under the the radar and are staying quiet for fear of then opening a can of worms "what to do" as the Goans say

I still think that everyone should write to their MPs and Vicki Treadell asking for clarification on the situation and some help with what the hell we do now?
GC

Last edited by Goacrazy56; Jan 2nd 2010 at 8:08 am. Reason: Goa ain't what it used to be
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 10:17 am
Just Joined

pips is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone have a direct e-mail address for Vicki Treadell? or any further information on the meeting scheduled for 21 Jan? thanks
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pips
does anyone have a direct e-mail address for Vicki Treadell? or any further information on the meeting scheduled for 21 Jan? thanks
this is the one that was posted a few weeks back:
[email protected]

AndyD 8-)#