Time to leave Goa!

Old Mar 20th 2010, 7:39 am
Just Joined

darren vietnam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time to leave Goa!

Originally Posted by martin_d
Darren, where would you recommend in Vietnam?
Hi Martin, though i work all over Vietnam as a projects manager i am based in a small resort called Mui ne, it is known to many for it,s kite and windsurfing, it,s very nice and does,nt really have monsoon , it,s very much all year round with backpackers. Saigon has a strong expat community of Brits, Aussies, etc buts tends to be a little hectic and costly. The road and rail networks esp on the coast are good so it,s worth taking a look for yourself .If and when you want to take a look give me a pm and i,ll advise you better
Old Mar 20th 2010, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Tuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really nice

Originally Posted by darren vietnam
Hi Martin, though i work all over Vietnam as a projects manager i am based in a small resort called Mui ne, it is known to many for it,s kite and windsurfing, it,s very nice and does,nt really have monsoon , it,s very much all year round with backpackers. Saigon has a strong expat community of Brits, Aussies, etc buts tends to be a little hectic and costly. The road and rail networks esp on the coast are good so it,s worth taking a look for yourself .If and when you want to take a look give me a pm and i,ll advise you better
Hi! I have not forgotten you. It is just that we are on the move soon. when we are leaving Oz we will contact you with regards to our next move. Tuvalu x
Old Mar 21st 2010, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

tarkacreek has a spectacular aura abouttarkacreek has a spectacular aura abouttarkacreek has a spectacular aura about

Darren are you still doing the pies, we have also left Candolim and I am biking elsewhere as you said the back wheel is following the front wheel.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Horse Doctor is an unknown quantity at this point

If that is the same Daren that had some lock ups just past Candolim Village, past the church then I believe he has gone to pastures new. Do think that Rosy, the pie maker, who worked with him is now connected to Shiver's resturant which is on the left past the Stone House. Hope this helps
Old Mar 21st 2010, 1:05 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Horse Doctor
If that is the same Daren that had some lock ups just past Candolim Village, past the church then I believe he has gone to pastures new. Do think that Rosy, the pie maker, who worked with him is now connected to Shiver's resturant which is on the left past the Stone House. Hope this helps

Tarkacreek and Horse Doctor welcome to the site - have either of you purchased property if so please fill in the survey. Thanks.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Horse Doctor is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Noni could you please tell us where the survey is? Thank you
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Horse Doctor
Hi Noni could you please tell us where the survey is? Thank you
Hi Horse Doc,

Just in case Noni is getting her corns done or teeth I have taken the liberty to show you its; Read Me: Poll: Save Goa Poll ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last Page) Its the first thread at the top it would be great if you could vote and get any other FNs you know to do the same

Cheers

K-C
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 7:19 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
Tarkacreek and Horse Doctor welcome to the site - have either of you purchased property if so please fill in the survey. Thanks.
Hi Tarkacreek and Horse Doctor

Nice to see a few new names popping up, welcome aboard.

If you have purchased property, please do vote on the Save Goa poll, but also please send your story to Lewis Belworth. You can do so in complete confidence using just your site name on a pm.
He is collating evidence regarding the property situation in Goa and what is happening to foreign owners, and is working really hard behind the scenes to help all of us. The plan is working and moving things along, but for obvious reasons is not detailed on open site as it relies on stealth.

The more stories sent from people like yourselves the stronger our evidence in the case for change. Uniting together is the only way forward in getting the fair play we ask for.

Dread - the evidence speaks
x
Old Mar 24th 2010, 3:04 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Tarkacreek and Horse Doctor

Nice to see a few new names popping up, welcome aboard.

If you have purchased property, please do vote on the Save Goa poll, but also please send your story to Lewis Belworth. You can do so in complete confidence using just your site name on a pm.
He is collating evidence regarding the property situation in Goa and what is happening to foreign owners, and is working really hard behind the scenes to help all of us. The plan is working and moving things along, but for obvious reasons is not detailed on open site as it relies on stealth.

The more stories sent from people like yourselves the stronger our evidence in the case for change. Uniting together is the only way forward in getting the fair play we ask for.

Dread - the evidence speaks
x

I Know how hard people are working behind the scenes, in the UK and giving up holiday time in Goa.It made me very angry yesterday when I logged on and it was only me plus 19 peepers :curse::curse::curse:!!!!
I suspect mostly people who are in the same position as us, and want us to be in the firing line, they have no balls at all.

Those 200 who were in the meeting, where are their stories!

Last edited by noni; Mar 24th 2010 at 3:13 am.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

I Know how hard people are working behind the scenes, in the UK and giving up holiday time in Goa.It made me very angry yesterday when I logged on and it was only me plus 19 peepers :curse::curse::curse:!!!!
I suspect mostly people who are in the same position as us, and want us to be in the firing line, they have no balls at all.

Same old, same old, story noni, people just sitting back waiting for others to do the work,, and when shit happens they all up in arms.... i got the impression at the first meeting with the BHC it was again the same people sticking their necks out to fight and plenty there just for the free food and drink, from the feedback i got back from the last meeting it was once again the same old faces wanting answers and speaking up yet loads of people there.
All i can think of is they cant be that concerned if they lose everything and sod the ones who have,, to be honest cant be arsed with free loaders sod them.... you make your bed you lie in it we will keep fighting for the ones that count, the ones doing all the work..
Old Mar 24th 2010, 9:04 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Sad fact is that though there are many, I am sure, who want to just sit back and let others take the lead, there are also many people out there who are actually afraid and others who are totally confused about what is happening. Some people have horrors happening, such as being bullied and intimidated by builders and lawyers, or being told their right to buy leases will not be renewed.
I can understand if people are scared. I can understand that people are confused.

If you are out there and scared or confused, please do not fear coming onto this site and reaching out to Lewis Belworth. He can help you, but only if you let him know that you need help. Other scared people in the same boat as you are now amazed at the help and advice they have received just by trusting him with their stories.

Dread - you gotta trust someone sometime
x
Old Mar 24th 2010, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Same old, same old, story noni, people just sitting back waiting for others to do the work,, and when shit happens they all up in arms.... i got the impression at the first meeting with the BHC it was again the same people sticking their necks out to fight and plenty there just for the free food and drink, from the feedback i got back from the last meeting it was once again the same old faces wanting answers and speaking up yet loads of people there.
All i can think of is they cant be that concerned if they lose everything and sod the ones who have,, to be honest cant be arsed with free loaders sod them.... you make your bed you lie in it we will keep fighting for the ones that count, the ones doing all the work..

Totally correct Pj - and we can all name quite a few.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 12:25 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

As Dread said, many people are afraid to come forward, and with some justification.
Zimbabwe-on-Sea is run by nasty vindictive people who have proved time and time again that if you p*ss them off, they will have you for it, individually or as a group.
Whilst we all know that Lewis' efforts are completely confidential and anonymous, others may have doubts.
Porobably also why nothing has come of the much vaunted British in Goa Association, innit?