Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Popular eat outs in Goa...

Popular eat outs in Goa...

Old Dec 27th 2013, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Popular eat outs in Goa...

Originally Posted by wookiebt
CSM not CSN (and what it stands for)
Also think you mean KC's, not K&C?
Restaurants in that area change frequently.
Sorry if I caused confusion.
You are right that some of the restaurants change regularly but KC's bar has been there for years and I think Bernard's place might still be going. Will find out early in January as we fly out on the 31st.
Old Dec 28th 2013, 7:26 am
Banned

wookiebt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by k800mer
You are right that some of the restaurants change regularly but KC's bar has been there for years and I think Bernard's place might still be going. Will find out early in January as we fly out on the 31st.
Yes, I can remember when KC's first started under relaxed British ownership, before the persecution started.
Bernards may be there, but without Bernard himself as he has died.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Vagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really nice

Bernards was all shut up with no signs of opening 2 weeks ago.Lazy Days has also moved.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Sun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really nice

Just a quik note to say I have tired a new restaurant last night and the food was fantastic and the presantation belonged in a five star hotel
Foxes fiesta on the chogum road close to Floratines
Down side they are still waiting for the licence to sell spirts
Old Jan 18th 2014, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Tried Viva Goa's new place in Porvorim - signposted on N17 just past the filling station (heading north) - you can also get to it from the Verem-Betim road.
No tandoori at lunchtime but prawn thali was excellent and the location is good.

AndyD 8-)
Old Jan 19th 2014, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

Morjim Phil is on a distinguished road

can anyone else confirm that Bernard from bernards place in baga has died and is place is now closed.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

PiriPiriJunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

3 of the best meals that I'v had in a *LONG* time:

1 - Wok & roll in Sinquerim (from Candolim go south to a "T" junction, turn left and go 500M), next to the sweet chilli. It's slightly remote, so arrange for your taxi/tuck tuck to come and pick you up. You won't regret this choice. Not cheap by Goan standards but laughable/cheap by anyone else's.

2 - Tamarin (between Candolim and Calangute). We had a 7 course Christmas day evening meal here for £15.00 per head! look at [email protected]. Everyone there was raving about how much this food/service/quality would cost at home.

3 - Redonda in calangute - another revelation! too much to eat and quality food at reasonable prices.

The first two are definitely mentioned by the "Times of India" and other gastro journals (certificates prominently displayed), not sure about the Reonda though, maybe they're shy.
I'm sure you'll find all of them on "Trip Advisor" though.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 1:50 am
Just Joined

DUIM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morjim Phil
can anyone else confirm that Bernard from bernards place in baga has died and is place is now closed.
Bernard has died about 14 months ago.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 7:40 am
Banned

wookiebt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DUIM
Bernard has died about 14 months ago.
Thank you for confirming.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Morjim Phil is on a distinguished road

thank you for confirming bernards death duim,do you or anybody else have any more details?i saw him for the last time in January 2013 we have been going to his place for many years he was a very nice man.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Spice Oven...hm ! Where do i start...? Rating out of 10. Two for having clean toilets and nothing for the food at all . Complete rubbish but if you call Pie & Chips good food then your in gastronomic heaven.We ordered sea food pasta and salad and it tasted like it was made with a Knorr packet soup. A few prawns, bit of white fish coupled with slices of calamari and 290 Rps please. No Parmesan,the salad was dead. Not going there again unless its to have a drink at the bar. My friend also sent his pizza back as inedible and not to try again and keep the money. Must say the waiter never frowned once so i think they must bottox the smile in their faces.Advise for Spice Oven get a new cook who can cook with out looking at the instructions on the packet.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Went to Florentines today - food fine but they have replaced the commercial but excellent kulfi-in-a-clay-pot with Amul's version in a plastic imitation pot - sad, end of an era type sad.

AndyD 8-)
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

If you ever go to the South, (dare I say it), you could go just a few miles over the border to Karwar and get real home cooking (veg and fish). Amrut's is famous for fish dishes, people travel regularly from Goa. Swetha's another. Food will be a little hot, not recommended for those unused to South Indian food.
Ask for directions ---no road signs!!!
Old Jan 28th 2014, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Just found out where Mums Kitchen is in Panjim. Its just past the Inox Cinema near Miramar Circle or roundabout as we call em in the UK. Been dying to try out some real Goan home cooked food for a while as im getting very tired of the ersatz variety they shove at you here as home cooking.....personally i think there is a very serious shortage of chefs in Goa or at the least good cooks. i would not mind paying an extra couple of hundred rupees for good food but i resent paying through the nose for something that is ghee and salt.With the aging British presence in North Goa you would think that they would cotton on to the fact that as the older you get you start to think more about whats going down your throat and especially if its greasy and laced with salt.How many times have you seen Low Fat Menu Here ? I have never come across it anywhere...any one seen this in Goa ?
Old Feb 20th 2014, 5:20 am
Just Joined

Dr Mavita Fernandes is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are in Panaji u can try the mouth watering Fish Platter at Ritz Classic for Seafood, Delhi Darbar for Punjabi Food and Viva Panjim for authentic Goan food

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.