Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Popular eat outs in Goa...

Popular eat outs in Goa...

Old Jun 30th 2013, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

poipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud of
Default Re: Popular eat outs in Goa...

David/Iain, if you haven't tried it yet, try Amancio's in Siolim. I have been there twice this week, first time food was good, but not what I was expecting, but today. Oh My God! -

Chicken Cafreal, Chips and Salad ₹ 150 (£1.76)

Absolutely stunning! Chips perfect, chicken so very tasty, salad a bit ordinary, but who cares the rest was really just perfect. I can't recommend it enough!!! The full menu is here if you're interested. It's well known, ask people if you can't find it but it's not too far from the large bridge.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

Originally Posted by poipleshadow
David/Iain, if you haven't tried it yet, try Amancio's in Siolim. I have been there twice this week, first time food was good, but not what I was expecting, but today. Oh My God! -

Chicken Cafreal, Chips and Salad ₹ 150 (£1.76)

Absolutely stunning! Chips perfect, chicken so very tasty, salad a bit ordinary, but who cares the rest was really just perfect. I can't recommend it enough!!! The full menu is here if you're interested. It's well known, ask people if you can't find it but it's not too far from the large bridge.
Thanks,p,

Would the fish and chips be what I'm expecting?
What are you expecting, says you. Golden crisp batter, says I.

Regards, Davie.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by davidhendry
Thanks,p,

Would the fish and chips be what I'm expecting?
What are you expecting, says you. Golden crisp batter, says I.

Regards, Davie.
No . sadly not English style Fish and chips.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

You cant get the fish unless you import them.Most of them now serve Basu, which a form of Catfish from Vietnam and Indonesia.Rubbery and no taste. As a suggestion, which i am going to do this coming season, is to bring Salted Dried |Cod Fish from the Uk. You can fry it bake it or make soup with it. Snapper is Ok and Rock Cod, which i think is closer to Grouper is fine but Basu.....like eating polystyrene
Old Jul 1st 2013, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

poipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud of

The fish at Why Not Tashi's is pretty good - The batter is just right , although a bit greasy for my taste...
Old Jul 1st 2013, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
You cant get the fish unless you import them.Most of them now serve Basu, which a form of Catfish from Vietnam and Indonesia.Rubbery and no taste. As a suggestion, which i am going to do this coming season, is to bring Salted Dried |Cod Fish from the Uk. You can fry it bake it or make soup with it. Snapper is Ok and Rock Cod, which i think is closer to Grouper is fine but Basu.....like eating polystyrene
What happens to all the fish from Karwar sent to Goa? (All the best of the catch)!! Is it only used in South Goa?
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

leegrand is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bipat
What happens to all the fish from Karwar sent to Goa? (All the best of the catch)!! Is it only used in South Goa?
LADY FISH ARE FRESH, I love them rava fry 150 rups a kilo. or, in a fish thali with veg, cockles, gravy, too much rice, and home made pickle rs 80.
high in the hills overlooking Mandovi.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 1:35 pm
cbc
Forum Regular

cbc is on a distinguished road

The Oriental Thai restaurant, any one know where it will be located this year?
Last year Molly's the Irish pub, but I heard they were smashing it down and re building.
I found the Oriental to have Brilliant Thai food, very surprised and the steaks were high standard and nice too.
German/Thai run good combination for high standard food.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Chameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really nice

Originally Posted by cbc
The Oriental Thai restaurant, any one know where it will be located this year?
Last year Molly's the Irish pub, but I heard they were smashing it down and re building.
I found the Oriental to have Brilliant Thai food, very surprised and the steaks were high standard and nice too.
German/Thai run good combination for high standard food.
Hi CBC,

We checked this out for you last night. Molly Malone's is definitely going to be open during this season though it is unsure who will be handling the bar or the food. Apparently it will not be Henry (Oriental) doing the food. At this moment, no one seems to know where Henry will be. Will update you if we hear anything further.

Chameleons.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Chameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chameleons
Hi CBC,

We checked this out for you last night. Molly Malone's is definitely going to be open during this season though it is unsure who will be handling the bar or the food. Apparently it will not be Henry (Oriental) doing the food. At this moment, no one seems to know where Henry will be. Will update you if we hear anything further.

Chameleons.
Hi again cbc,

Just seen on Facebook that Oriental is going to be back at the Mira Hotel (just across the road from Molly Malone's). It was much better there anyway! I have not verified this information but I will attempt to do so.

Chameleons.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

what are Lady Fish ? I have never heard of them before in Goa.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
what are Lady Fish ? I have never heard of them before in Goa.
Also called Nogli, have only eaten them in Karwar.

http://amchi-bong-konnexion.blogspot...coated-in.html
Old Sep 24th 2013, 12:56 am
cbc
Forum Regular

cbc is on a distinguished road

Thanks Chameleons for checking out the new location for the oriental Thai I will be for sure having dinner there in Nov and recommend others try too!
Thanks!
Old Sep 24th 2013, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

leegrand is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bipat
Also called Nogli, have only eaten them in Karwar.

http://amchi-bong-konnexion.blogspot...coated-in.html
I first had Lady Fish at Celebration upthe Povorim hill overlooking Mandovi, they were from fresh water when the fishing ban was on, loved em, so started looking at the fish sellers in Nerul, bought 20 for rs100. small but fab, then found large ones at Pilerne Inn, and Fat Fish for rs350 about the size of a medium Trout.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice

Originally Posted by leegrand
I first had Lady Fish at Celebration upthe Povorim hill overlooking Mandovi, they were from fresh water when the fishing ban was on, loved em, so started looking at the fish sellers in Nerul, bought 20 for rs100. small but fab, then found large ones at Pilerne Inn, and Fat Fish for rs350 about the size of a medium Trout.
Must look out for these... Any idea of the local Konkani name?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.