GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Old Jun 24th 2009, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Originally Posted by hemingway
I'm a Jag man myself, but have always liked the TR series of cars - a friend had a TR4a & as a 'youf' I had a dreaded TR7 - my dad gave me a bol***king for buying it - it needed that much welding!

What is your nearest costa area in Spain: Blanca, Calida, Del Sol, Brava etc etc?

Regards

Hemingway
I love my Porsche Boxter. Fantastic to drive but a bit bumpy in the passenger seat according to the OH. Dont notice it myself on the odd times I let him drive. He does not like the top down either, says it's too cold for his head. I've told him to get a hat!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:08 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by k800mer
I love my Porsche Boxter. Fantastic to drive but a bit bumpy in the passenger seat according to the OH. Dont notice it myself on the odd times I let him drive. He does not like the top down either, says it's too cold for his head. I've told him to get a hat!
Another great car, watch it if the battery ever dies - someone I know has one & the battery died - the ONLY thing that could be done was connect 12volts to a pull out toggle in the fuse box (negative on the door catch) - only then would the 'boot' catch release to enable the 'boot' to be opened to get at the dead battery - upon disconnecting it a small back up battery somewhere started to make an alarm scream it's head off!

That's the only bother they've had with the car, oh that & a £1.5k service at the dealership

Regards

Hemingway
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:12 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hemingway
Another great car, watch it if the battery ever dies - someone I know has one & the battery died - the ONLY thing that could be done was connect 12volts to a pull out toggle in the fuse box (negative on the door catch) - only then would the 'boot' catch release to enable the 'boot' to be opened to get at the dead battery - upon disconnecting it a small back up battery somewhere started to make an alarm scream it's head off!

That's the only bother they've had with the car, oh that & a £1.5k service at the dealership

Regards

Hemingway
Hope you take your cars to Goa for a service, so cheap.
Have seen a Rolls Royce in the garage there,
is it one of yours?
Old Jun 25th 2009, 4:06 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Just as a matter of interest, I collected my one year visa from Hayes this afternoon...........

Do I feel elated? No, strangely depressed actually.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

Hi J5 - did you get a straight one year or leave after 180 days same as us?
You will be ok once you meet the dogs and the ducks (and OH of course) and had your lunch in the Navtara - get back in the swing of things.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

imho is an unknown quantity at this point

J5 .Good for you for getting a 1year visa. Your be ok when you are there.Just dont let them get you down in Goa .
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:40 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emsirrah
Hi J5 - did you get a straight one year or leave after 180 days same as us?
You will be ok once you meet the dogs and the ducks (and OH of course) and had your lunch in the Navtara - get back in the swing of things.
Strangely enough I didn't even look, just saw the dates, got on my scooter and plated silly buggers with the traffic to cheer myself up!

Assuming it is a 180 limit, but our trip to the Philippines will be governed by OH's 180 limit, so about 23rd November, cant wait!

Oh.............its only about 8ft away, I could look, couldn't I?

Yep, its 180 days, thank God for that!

Navtara, hmmmm. How many price increases will they have slapped on in the last two months? I'm afraid I don't find that a cheap lunch anymore. Will be trying to find somewhere that is on this trip, plus I need to lose half a stone of good English eating as soon as possible.

Roll on September when you guys get there.

Thank you also, imho, for your kind thoughts.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

New restaurant at Porvorim called Mr and Mrs Idlli - veggie - our friend A in Calangute recommended it but he didn't give us any prices but said the food was good - could not get in last week as people were standing outside eating!!!
Will give it a go when we get back. See you then - safe journey back.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 9:33 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

I don't know if you all know that we sold our un-registered place in Goa. Speaking of Spain - Steve the 5 year x bragger
Selling or trying to sell your unregistered place - hmmmmm, had been thinking about this, mentioned it in passing to OH the other day & got a stinging rebuke - it's a none starter in her "I haven't put up with all this shit for nothing" opinion!

Steve the 5 year x bragger - bored of him now, can't even be bothered to reply to his posts! If all he wants to do is gloat, then naff orrff is my opinion.

Regards

Hemingway
Old Jun 27th 2009, 9:37 pm
I love apathy!

Sorry Sir - will do so at once,

We all get carried away with our conversations on here and forget where we should be.

Should be on no 10 petition - will go there straight away.

Are you coming with us?
Yes, forgot where I should be myself & had to delete my post - don't even know where I should be now! It happens to the best, worst & rest of us!

Regards

Hemingway

P.S. - Only joking, I've as much authority as a security guard in a high visibility jerkin!
Old Jun 27th 2009, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=hemingway;7705328]Selling or trying to sell your unregistered place - hmmmmm, had been thinking about this, mentioned it in passing to OH the other day & got a stinging rebuke - it's a none starter in her "I haven't put up with all this shit for nothing" opinion!

Steve the 5 year x bragger - bored of him now, can't even be bothered to reply to his posts! If all he wants to do is gloat, then naff orrff is my opinion

One week before we were leaving Goa in April 09 an Indian Doctor who rented on our complex asked us if we would sell him our un registered apartment - he had seen it when he came to see my OH due to an op he had to have in Goa. He was very impressed with our European standards - had no idea what the vacuum cleaner was .
We told him what was happening to non Indians re registration and he did everything for us - he was brilliant. Signed - sealed and delivered in a week.

This is where the tears started - big time.
We did not want to sell the flat and am still very upset about it - ok we made a couple of grand on it but I would give it all and more back tomorrow to have my apartment back in Goa. We are going back in September to start back where we were years ago in some apartment without my lovely kitchen with a small fridge, no inverter, no washing machine no flat screen tv and DVD player - beds you would not even sit on to watch tvetc etc etc,
I am in tears now - don't feel sorry for me - we got our money back but
I wish it could have been different.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 10:29 pm
I love apathy!

One week before we were leaving Goa in April 09 an Indian Doctor who rented on our complex asked us if we would sell him our un registered apartment - he had seen it when he came to see my OH due to an op he had to have in Goa. He was very impressed with our European standards - had no idea what the vacuum cleaner was .
We told him what was happening to non Indians re registration and he did everything for us - he was brilliant. Signed - sealed and delivered in a week.

This is where the tears started - big time.
We did not want to sell the flat and am still very upset about it - ok we made a couple of grand on it but I would give it all and more back tomorrow to have my apartment back in Goa. We are going back in September to start back where we were years ago in some apartment without my lovely kitchen with a small fridge, no inverter, no washing machine no flat screen tv and DVD player - beds you would not even sit on to watch tvetc etc etc,
I am in tears now - don't feel sorry for me - we got our money back but
I wish it could have been different.
Spooky! Vacuum cleaner, we shipped one out there last time - could be an omen! All I need now is an Indian doctor with a wad who is ready to part!

No tears from me - I'd really prefer not to bail out BUT, I don't want to lose our 'dough' more than anything else. However the oven, hob, fridge freezer etc etc are all bought, together with furniture & locked in a room ready to go in November/December.

Until Goa came along I had one 'problem' in my life - Goa has made it two! It's a real heart & head scenario - except the head has two angles, one says that I'm prepared, I've got a plan & I can make the house spot on! Angle two says, don't spend any more, don't register our deeds - hold our nerve & get out when & if the opportunity arises! It's potentially doing my head in & is probably my 1st waking thought if & when I wake up in the night.

Regards

Hemingway
Old Jun 27th 2009, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

No tears from my OH - he is glad to get shut - it was me that shoved to buy in Goa and he went along with it as it was my parents money that bought it.
We have been in Goa firstly for a couple of weeks each year since 84 and then for the winter since 92 and "I" thought buying was safe as we had a long visa.
Had friends who bought Acron in the 90's and have sold without problems and they told us years ago that they were selling as it was not safe to buy in Goa but nothing bad was happening so I went ahead.
We spent so much money on that apartment - making it like it our home in Spain like others here who have beautiful places like Noni and J5 - we like to keep our homes spotless like we do in any other country we live in.

.................................................. .................................................. ......

Until Goa came along I had one 'problem' in my life - Goa has made it two - what was the other one? - nosey person me.
.................................................. ...............................................

It's potentially doing my head in & is probably my 1st waking thought if & when I wake up in the night.

This is what my OH now does not have the problem with - he did and now he doesn't.
I now have the problem that I can't live in a shit hole for the coming season but have to go back for the money and sort out the stuff we have there and on top of that where can we go for the winter which is cheap - hot and we have lots of friends there.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 1:07 am
Banned

bagaboy is an unknown quantity at this point

No tears from my OH - he is glad to get shut - it was me that shoved to buy in Goa and he went along with it as it was my parents money that bought it.
We have been in Goa firstly for a couple of weeks each year since 84 and then for the winter since 92 and "I" thought buying was safe as we had a long visa.
Had friends who bought Acron in the 90's and have sold without problems and they told us years ago that they were selling as it was not safe to buy in Goa but nothing bad was happening so I went ahead.
We spent so much money on that apartment - making it like it our home in Spain like others here who have beautiful places like Noni and J5 - we like to keep our homes spotless like we do in any other country we live in.

.................................................. .................................................. ......

Until Goa came along I had one 'problem' in my life - Goa has made it two - what was the other one? - nosey person me.
.................................................. ...............................................

It's potentially doing my head in & is probably my 1st waking thought if & when I wake up in the night.

This is what my OH now does not have the problem with - he did and now he doesn't.
I now have the problem that I can't live in a shit hole for the coming season but have to go back for the money and sort out the stuff we have there and on top of that where can we go for the winter which is cheap - hot and we have lots of friends there.

Em , just a thought , and I am not being cheeky , I am just basing this on , my minds eye picture of you , with a view to trying to assist you , --- Em , have you considered living in the real world , and not in a fantasy world that exists in your head ? --- Just a thought
Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:35 am
Just Joined

SuckSeed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bagaboy
Em , just a thought , and I am not being cheeky , I am just basing this on , my minds eye picture of you , with a view to trying to assist you , --- Em , have you considered living in the real world , and not in a fantasy world that exists in your head ? --- Just a thought
Rather you than me Bagaboy.

What a stupid statement with all thats been going on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.