GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

mywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Originally Posted by emsirrah
Quite honestly I am suprised they stayed in Goa that long - he always looked so miserable and in the tv programme he was never the one that was pushing to live in Goa.
i agree we have known him for nearly 4 yrs, and he has told us all that time he wanted to leave, so i didnt think they would ever go, but i must admit also when you got to know them they were a great couple, such a shame they should have contacted the tv again and filmed living the nightmare, a shattered dream!!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:38 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Guru is just starting on ITV3 -5th june - 10.15pm - seen it a couple of times but will watch again - loved it.
75.16 as on now - go down please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
78.13 at the moment - going in the right direction from my own selfish point of view. . . . . . .
Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

mywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by hemingway
78.13 at the moment - going in the right direction from my own selfish point of view. . . . . . .
i take it your not in goa the rupee on the streets is from 75 to 76.5 over here at the moment
Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:58 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mywaygoa
i take it your not in goa the rupee on the streets is from 75 to 76.5 over here at the moment
let us know when it is 80 and will transfer - thanks
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by noni
let us know when it is 80 and will transfer - thanks
always please to oblige
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

always please to oblige
That will help me also thanks.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:28 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

always please to oblige
Got 83 the night we arrived at NEWTONS Glad jet lag did not stop me going back to Apartment to get travellers cheques, as it was downhill rapidly from then.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noni
Got 83 the night we arrived at NEWTONS Glad jet lag did not stop me going back to Apartment to get travellers cheques, as it was downhill rapidly from then.
I take stg out with me as well and deposit it in my bank account when rate is good. I keep it in the safe in the apartment if the rate is not good when I get there and deposit it when it improves. When the rate got below 70 earlier this year I used the indian bank account to draw rupees I bought at around 80. The indian bank account was giving around 8% interest last time I saw a statement in March before I left Goa.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by k800mer
I take stg out with me as well and deposit it in my bank account when rate is good. I keep it in the safe in the apartment if the rate is not good when I get there and deposit it when it improves. When the rate got below 70 earlier this year I used the indian bank account to draw rupees I bought at around 80. The indian bank account was giving around 8% interest last time I saw a statement in March before I left Goa.
Did the same as you, but when the rate dropped used up my bank account money. Was nervous to leave money in the account, the way things are going.

Congratulations to Major Phil Packer for actually gettting to the top of the mountain in California, what an achievement for a disabled man. He certainly is my hero.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

You can have rupee rate on your desk top all the time if you have got Vista.
Don't be put off - it is not hard noni.

Press start and go to Control Panel and open it.
On the bottom row of icons in the centre is Windows Sidebar Properties - open this.
The Properties box comes up and you then check (tick) the box which says - start sidebar when windows starts.
Then it says - Display Sidebar on this side of the screen - choose left or right.
Click Apply then OK.

If nothing happens turn off computer and re-start.

Go the empty space on the side chosen for the side bar and right click.
Find - Add Gadgets and click and they appear in a box.

Drag which of these you want to your side bar. There is an exchange rate gadget which I have set at the rupee rate but you can change it to any currency at will. A nice big clock instead of having to squint at the computer time, straight to ebay and amazon etc etc.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:03 pm

You can have rupee rate on your desk top all the time if you have got Vista.
Don't be put off - it is not hard noni.

Press start and go to Control Panel and open it.
On the bottom row of icons in the centre is Windows Sidebar Properties - open this.
The Properties box comes up and you then check (tick) the box which says - start sidebar when windows starts.
Then it says - Display Sidebar on this side of the screen - choose left or right.
Click Apply then OK.

If nothing happens turn off computer and re-start.

Go the empty space on the side chosen for the side bar and right click.
Find - Add Gadgets and click and they appear in a box.

Drag which of these you want to your side bar. There is an exchange rate gadget which I have set at the rupee rate but you can change it to any currency at will. A nice big clock instead of having to squint at the computer time, straight to ebay and amazon etc etc.
and if that fails - call Mr. Em. think we would not all have met if it wasn't for your kindess when I was doing my usual moaning on line that the computer was completely bolloxed when I was in Goa.
and then along came J5, milwart, Mrs. J5, honey, lemon curd and the ducks.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

It was Mr em who told me - don't think I found that out on my own do you
Old Jun 11th 2009, 4:48 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

No I'm at work in Blighty - I wouldn't mind a spell in Goa to experience the monsoon for a a shortwhile though. When it isn't raining how does the climate/atmosphere feel? cool, warm, humid just right etc etc?

Regards

Hemingway
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

indiapurple will become famous soon enoughindiapurple will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hemingway
No I'm at work in Blighty - I wouldn't mind a spell in Goa to experience the monsoon for a a shortwhile though. When it isn't raining how does the climate/atmosphere feel? cool, warm, humid just right etc etc?

Regards

Hemingway
Actually in North Goa we have had no rain at all since Sunday..it is back to being hot, humid and unbearable. I've never watched the sky as much as I do now !!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:11 pm
I love apathy!

Originally Posted by indiapurple
Actually in North Goa we have had no rain at all since Sunday..it is back to being hot, humid and unbearable. I've never watched the sky as much as I do now !!
Thanks for that - it's hard to imagine the extremes of weather: incessant rain, strong winds, then back to hot & humid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.