Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Oct 5th 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Interesting article, no one will be allowed to smoke in the shacks - those at Vagator were full of Russians smoking pot last season - and the music will have to stop at 10pm, I will be able to hear the waves hitting the beach while I enjoy my G&T. All those Russians enjoying the rain because they are arriving early. Package flights form the UK don't usually start until November.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 11:03 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k800mer
Interesting article, no one will be allowed to smoke in the shacks - those at Vagator were full of Russians smoking pot last season - and the music will have to stop at 10pm, I will be able to hear the waves hitting the beach while I enjoy my G&T. All those Russians enjoying the rain because they are arriving early. Package flights form the UK don't usually start until November.

Do you really think the music will stop at 10.00. It was going on until 1.00 on the main road in Candolim last year really loudly. The police used to come and then go, and it would start up again.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

"Goa ... welcomed some 3.5 million foreign tourists last season."

Have they got a decimal point wrong here - allowing 350 people on a plane and a season lasting 200 days that's 50 planeloads a day!

.. and according to a Goa gov website "the [TOTAL] tourist arrivals into Goa has grown to about 1.2 millions annually almost corresponding to the population of the State".

AndyD 8-)#
Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by a_f_d
"Goa ... welcomed some 3.5 million foreign tourists last season."

Have they got a decimal point wrong here - allowing 350 people on a plane and a season lasting 200 days that's 50 planeloads a day!

.. and according to a Goa gov website "the [TOTAL] tourist arrivals into Goa has grown to about 1.2 millions annually almost corresponding to the population of the State".

AndyD 8-)#
Hi Andy how u doing?
where do they get these figuares from they dont even know how many of their own people are in Goa let alone anyone else!!!!!wishfull thinking i expect
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Vagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really nice

In the words of Benjamin Disraeli . "Lies, damned lies, and statistics"
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:48 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

The laughable 3.5 million comes fro;

http://oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=28256&cid=2

These people carry stupidity to previously unreached levels!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:01 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
The laughable 3.5 million comes fro;

http://oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=28256&cid=2

These people carry stupidity to previously unreached levels!
Bet they don't have many MENSA conventions in Goa !!

Dread
x
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Bet they don't have many MENSA conventions in Goa !!

Dread
x
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:18 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/...#ixzz0T9FYz59u

http://www.newkerala.com/nkfullnews-1-125426.html
I wonder what they will think of the grott.

thanks to www.goanvoice.org.uk.

Last edited by noni; Oct 6th 2009 at 12:21 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 1:14 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Default The beach is going to be full of Borats this season!

http://www.navhindtimes.in/news/goa-...e-in-goa-today

PANAJI: The Russian and the Kazakhstan tour operators, who are likely to bring in a substantial number of tourists from the erstwhile Soviet Union, would help turn around the slack in the Goan tourism industry in the present tourist season

H.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The beach is going to be full of Borats this season!

Originally Posted by hemingway
http://www.navhindtimes.in/news/goa-...e-in-goa-today

PANAJI: The Russian and the Kazakhstan tour operators, who are likely to bring in a substantial number of tourists from the erstwhile Soviet Union, would help turn around the slack in the Goan tourism industry in the present tourist season

H.
Glad the words used in this report are "would help". Let's face it the Russians are not big spenders and most of them go on holiday on a shoe string! They always haggle like hell over the prices and never tip.

Sunglow.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noni
Do you really think the music will stop at 10.00. It was going on until 1.00 on the main road in Candolim last year really loudly. The police used to come and then go, and it would start up again.
no, of course the music will not stop at 10pm, the police will come around for their 'music tax' and now also their 'smoking tax' and everything will continue as usual. I was just hoping that the Russians will not enjoy their holidays, the russians I've come across are as rude/bad mannered and arrogant as the Israelis I've come across in Goa. (I'm sure there must be some nice russians somewhere).
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:36 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by k800mer
(I'm sure there must be some nice russians somewhere).

I wouldn't put any money (a bet )if I was you.They are everything you say and more,they treat the Goan people like something they just stood in.They are loud rude and pig ignorant.A horrible race of people.I refuse to eat drink or sit anywhere now they frequent.
Yet these are the people they are encouraging.
Have you heard of any Russians being investigated,apart from the ones who have bought up vast tracts of land?
GC
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

I have seen Russians click their fingers at the waiters. I know they have little knowledge of English, but nevertheless you do not treat people in that way.

Many Russians do not have loads of money to throw about and they will make one drink sometimes shared amongst them last all night. I have seen them even take their own booze in bars/restaurants and fill their glasses under the table. They are often seen blind drunk in the day on the beach and they can't stand up!

Yes, these are the type of people that Goa want or do they?

One thing it will do and that is stop all decent folk going there.

Goa be it on your own heads!

Sunglow.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 5:07 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni

A few years ago the Goans welcomed the Brits and encouraged us all to invest, then they favoured the Russians and encouraged them to invest, and now they want the Saudis, and I expect they will encourage them to invest as well. See the article in the second link here about Zuri Company (investing in India in hotels inc Goa - this company is middle eastern).
They start by offering residential visas, then start to back track once they have the money off these foreigners and make it impossible for us. A couple of years ago they were offering the Americans long stay visas as well.
Bet ya they start giving Saudis residential visas !
Still those from Arab nations like luxury like 6 n 7 star hotels - they won't get too much of that in Goa !!

Seems that the Goan Govt just target where the money is .... devious greedy bxxxxxxs!

Dread
x

Last edited by dreadsoc; Oct 6th 2009 at 5:15 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.