British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Goa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/)
-   -   In To-day's Newspapers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/days-newspapers-558924/)

jcbrum Oct 9th 2008 1:44 pm

Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Exactly what i thought.Reading it this morning i nearly choked.They realy have not got a clue have they.

John

babu1 Oct 9th 2008 2:45 pm

Can't find this editorial. Hs it been removed? Can someone post a link, or give directions?

Would like to print it out. Seems like another sound piece of Goan journalism, a balanced and educated statement of opnion.;)

Honey Bee Oct 9th 2008 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by babu1 (Post 6859888)
Can't find this editorial. Hs it been removed? Can someone post a link, or give directions?

Would like to print it out. Seems like another sound piece of Goan journalism, a balanced and educated statement of opnion.;)

Hi Babu - it is in Time of India -cities - Goa and a video interviewing the cafe concerned. :wub:

noni Oct 9th 2008 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by babu1 (Post 6859888)

http://www.goanvoice.org.uk. - interview tape and write up

babu1 Oct 10th 2008 2:29 am

Thanks, but a bit of confusion here. It's the Herald editorial of 9th October which is referred to in Post #105 that I can't find. It's not on the online edition, or has been removed.:frown:

Sounds like a vile piece of journalism:curse:, and I'd like to print a copy to show to every Goan who will undoubtedly ask why the Brits are in lesser numbers in Goa this year. And the downturn is not simply down to economics.

If anybody could find it, cut & paste and send it by pm I'd be grateful.

thatman Oct 10th 2008 3:50 am

I don't have a scanner here or could send it to you but do have a postage stamp :)

If you wanted you could pm me with an address I will gladly post it to you.

Honey Bee Oct 10th 2008 8:08 am

Originally Posted by thatman (Post 6861608)
I don't have a scanner here or could send it to you but do have a postage stamp :)

If you wanted you could pm me with an address I will gladly post it to you.

Brilliant letter in to-days http://www.oheraldo.in
Do they only want our money. it says it all.

noni Oct 10th 2008 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Honey Bee (Post 6862026)
Brilliant letter in to-days http://www.oheraldo.in
Do they only want our money. it says it all.

I hope Millwall reads this

Goacrazy56 Oct 10th 2008 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by babu1 (Post 6861488)
Thanks, but a bit of confusion here. It's the Herald editorial of 9th October which is referred to in Post #105 that I can't find. It's not on the online edition, or has been removed.:frown:

Sounds like a vile piece of journalism:curse:, and I'd like to print a copy to show to every Goan who will undoubtedly ask why the Brits are in lesser numbers in Goa this year. And the downturn is not simply down to economics.

If anybody could find it, cut & paste and send it by pm I'd be grateful.

Hi Babu
It isn't on line they must have just put it in print or took it off line.I would also love to read this article.
Is there anyone out there that can scan it and put it on BE
cheers:thumbup:

Daff Oct 10th 2008 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56 (Post 6862654)
Hi Babu
It isn't on line they must have just put it in print or took it off line.I would also love to read this article.
Is there anyone out there that can scan it and put it on BE
cheers:thumbup:

Us too. If there are issues regarding copywrite could someone PM it? Shouldn't Mr. Vaz and his chums be sent a copy? Mind you the response was excellent.

thatman Oct 10th 2008 1:16 pm

Have looked everywhere for it today and can't find it.
There is not much more about Brits than I wrote before but if you want I will type out the whole article - it won't take me long then you can copy it into word etc.
Just let me know if you want me to do it.

a_f_d Oct 10th 2008 1:17 pm

this was an 'opinion piece' in iirc Heraldo - the guy seems to be an all-round misery - he was pretty rude aout fellow Goans being idle sob's as well (not that really excuses him - he also shares the common delusion that UK charters are cheap 'all-inclusive' deals that mean no money reaches the locals, whereas in reality it is the so called 'desirable' up-market tourists at Taj et al that are all-inclusive).

AndyD 8-)#

old man Oct 10th 2008 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Daff (Post 6862750)
Us too. If there are issues regarding copywrite could someone PM it? Shouldn't Mr. Vaz and his love chums be sent a copy? Mind you the response was excellent.

We would love to read the whole article.
As far as white girls go - I am sick of listening to 'Good clean living Goan boys@ talking about their conquests. Some even getting married the next week. But then again, it is sweeping everything under the carpet

poppetjay Oct 10th 2008 2:06 pm

What about the hundreds of married Goan men that are homosexual and live under the veil of being happily married with kids.:confused:

thatman Oct 10th 2008 3:45 pm

I was so ********** annoyed about this mans piece in the newspaper that I took loads of time to type the whole lot into this site. Please have a look at it - I did not want it to get lost on the todays newspaper site so started a new thread - Tourism article from Herald.