Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old May 29th 2013, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

As for the mosque attack - a similar theory could & will probably be applied to graffiti spray painted on a mosque & a muslim's car today in Bolton.

H.
graffiti, murder, murder, graffiti bit of a difference I would say. One is objectionable but can be ignored, removed or painted over, there is a choice. The other is a terrible disgustingly sick action depriving someone of their life and their families of their brother/son/father and can not be restored or fixed in any way.
Old May 29th 2013, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k800mer
As for the mosque attack - a similar theory could & will probably be applied to graffiti spray painted on a mosque & a muslim's car today in Bolton.
H.
graffiti, murder, murder, graffiti bit of a difference I would say. One is objectionable but can be ignored, removed or painted over, there is a choice. The other is a terrible disgustingly sick action depriving someone of their life and their families of their brother/son/father and can not be restored or fixed in any way.[/QUOTE]

Agree with you and with all the above posts. This murder was horrendous.
A murder linked to terrorism causes general fear also.

The attacks on mosques eg. the firebombing in Grimsby among other similar attacks could well have caused injury. They are not always trivial graffiti.

All murders are sick. Every day we hear of terrible cases.
I am surprised that no one on the Forum mentioned the dreadful arson murders in Harlow when 6 members of one Muslim family were murdered.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-22646426

Last edited by Bipat; May 29th 2013 at 12:24 pm.
Old May 30th 2013, 3:44 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poipleshadow
A story that made me smile and then think, why?!

Mumbai bans lingerie clad mannequins to save men from impure thoughts

and, I'm sure you're all aware of this as it's pretty basic, but a link about visas....

Applying for an Indian tourist visa

Both of these are thanks to http://www.goanvoice.org.uk/
But indian ladies in sari's get raped all the time.
Old May 30th 2013, 3:51 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Police rush to home of hate preacher Anjem Choudary to protect him and his family after threats as he blames Cameron's 'crusade' for 'turning young Muslims to terror'
Officers took away his wife and children to safe house after alleged threat
Far-right groups demand he is arrested or they will detain him themselves
Choudary today blames police and security services for terror threats

from Daily Mail.
Old May 31st 2013, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

afaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant future

Extremist elements in Islam - and there appear to be many - espouse, propagate and carry out acts of horrendous violence in the name of a suspect and erroneous god. All warfare in the name of a god is wrong.

When are the apologists for such heinous acts to which their male elders subscribe and welcome going to back down, or is it necessary to bomb those same people into a new Stone Age?

Last edited by afaiknow; May 31st 2013 at 9:27 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

New visa centres to be set up. Will reduce pressure on London and Birmingham.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-...1-1069641.aspx
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bipat
New visa centres to be set up. Will reduce pressure on London and Birmingham.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-...1-1069641.aspx
So having made it a lot more expensive for tourists to buy visas they are opening extra visa offices, do they think that there will be a great rush of people wanting tourist visas? Hardly waited any time last time I went to Victoria for my visa.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 8:57 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/06/teache.../?ITO=facebook

So they set up legal and procedural measures to prevent perverts and peadophiles working with children.........
..................then ignore them!!

What planet do members of this assessment panel live on when they decree that a teacher found in possession of some 200 indecent images of kids does not pose a risk????!!!!

Sheer madness !!!!

Dread - x
Old Jun 6th 2013, 7:13 pm

http://www.meforum.org/3519/islam-london-beheading
Old Jun 6th 2013, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

From their site:
Middle East Forum
www.meforum.org/‎
The Middle East Forum, a think tank, works to define and promote American interests in the Middle East.
Mindlessly right-wing American interests it seems.

AndyD
Old Jun 7th 2013, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: In To-day's Newspapers

So having made it a lot more expensive for tourists to buy visas they are opening extra visa offices, do they think that there will be a great rush of people wanting tourist visas? Hardly waited any time last time I went to Victoria for my visa.
From what I read it is one Visa Office in a place where there is a large Asian community so they will be the ones using the office for whatever visas they need. People who want to visit India will certainly pay the increased visa fee but it is expensive from whatever country you apply from. If I apply here in Spain it is 191 euros for 6 months.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
From what I read it is one Visa Office in a place where there is a large Asian community so they will be the ones using the office for whatever visas they need. People who want to visit India will certainly pay the increased visa fee but it is expensive from whatever country you apply from. If I apply here in Spain it is 191 euros for 6 months.
The office may be mainly for the Asian community but I would have thought that most Indians who can prove they have Indian ancestors would be at least on 5 year visas if not a lifetime one if such a thing exists. The new offices will of course be good for Tourists living nearby as it will save expensive postage but with a 6 month visa costing around £100 it will probably be only the people who have been previously and enjoyed it. My son and his partner and the grandchildren want to go back again next year but that is 6 visas on top of the other holiday costs.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 6:24 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Talking Re: In To-day's Newspapers

if not a lifetime one if such a thing exists.
P.I.O. = 15 years?

O.C.I. = lifetime?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

H.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The office may be mainly for the Asian community but I would have thought that most Indians who can prove they have Indian ancestors would be at least on 5 year visas if not a lifetime one if such a thing exists. The new offices will of course be good for Tourists living nearby as it will save expensive postage but with a 6 month visa costing around £100 it will probably be only the people who have been previously and enjoyed it. My son and his partner and the grandchildren want to go back again next year but that is 6 visas on top of the other holiday costs.
According to he original report 6 new centres will be opened Leicester is the first.
Many of the Leicester Asians are older generation from Uganda (thrown out by Idi Amin) so may not have evidence of Indian origin, birth certs. passport evidence etc. so getting a 5 year, or PIO, OCI etc. can be quite a 'performance'.
'Tourist' for the younger generations can be simpler, but with the new prices many will probably try harder to get the necessary evidence.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 7:42 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Cool Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by Bipat
According to he original report 6 new centres will be opened Leicester is the first.
Many of the Leicester Asians are older generation from Uganda (thrown out by Idi Amin) so may not have evidence of Indian origin, birth certs. passport evidence etc. so getting a 5 year, or PIO, OCI etc. can be quite a 'performance'.
'Tourist' for the younger generations can be simpler, but with the new prices many will probably try harder to get the necessary evidence.
Know of someone who was born in Karachi PRIOR to partition who has had horrendous problems trying to get anything more than a 3 month visa!

H.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.