Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Nov 25th 2011, 2:54 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

America woman and partner attending family wedding in Pakistan murdered in suspected honour killing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Pakistan.html

When is this evil barbaric practice going to end?

Last edited by noni; Nov 25th 2011 at 2:58 am.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 3:14 am
Lovin' it

goanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by k800mer
Caught in his coffin!
This man has been living in Goa under the name of Mark Attwood, anyone know him?
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...n-for-25-years
This guy was running the Time share scam in Calangute. Royal Beach Resort or whatever it's latest name is.He has been selling timeshares for the past 8 years at least. The company put several large ads in the local rags extolling how great he was and sorely missed, inspirational etc etc.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 1:03 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Police Traffic Cameras

Thought you might be interested to know that following the UK Government's freedom of information act you can now get access to ALL speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1mph over the set limit, it is registered and put on a database?
You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that I didn't know) if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30mph limit area, whilst others doing 39 do not. You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address

www.i-database.co.uk
Just enter your car registration. If there is any data on your vehicle you can click on the camera window to see a copy of the photograph.
Hope it's useful.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

HOHoho ... er .. not really very funny?

AndyD 8-)# (_)?
Old Nov 25th 2011, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by a_f_d
HOHoho ... er .. not really very funny?

AndyD 8-)# (_)?
Not when you find you had one when you were in Goa!
Old Nov 25th 2011, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by noni
Police Traffic Cameras

Thought you might be interested to know that following the UK Government's freedom of information act you can now get access to ALL speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1mph over the set limit, it is registered and put on a database?
You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that I didn't know) if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30mph limit area, whilst others doing 39 do not. You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address

www.i-database.co.uk
Just enter your car registration. If there is any data on your vehicle you can click on the camera window to see a copy of the photograph.
Hope it's useful.
not funny at all!!!
Old Nov 26th 2011, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by msj5
not funny at all!!!
No sense of humour
Old Nov 26th 2011, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

No sense of humour
I actually have a very good sense of humour these days noni! Not quite as warped as yours I must admit!!

If you`d been in my situation 16months ago of staying with your aged mother and her receiving a speeding ticket when you had been driving her car (ironically on my way back from Notts to Oxon and on to Hayes to submit visa application)and doing 34mph in a 30 mph zone on the day you were due to fly back to Goa you probably wouldn`t find this funny either!

We spent at least 2 hours of my final day in the UK for a year writing letters and photocopying air tickets and driving licences etc and still the concerned authority hassled my mother for over 4 months!!!It appears that if you are not in the country they cannot put points on your licence!I was told to fill in the forms when I was next in the UK....a year later! Sent them in and heard nothing!!!!So what happens?
I guess after a year they bin them!! Or i hope so!!
Old Nov 26th 2011, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

jagger is an unknown quantity at this point

Police Traffic Cameras

www.i-database.co.uk
Hope it's useful.
Sorry to inform you but this web site only gives details for the last 28 days not 12 months.
Old Nov 26th 2011, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jagger
Sorry to inform you but this web site only gives details for the last 28 days not 12 months.
Is this web site genuine?? I have just accessed it and find that I was supposed to have driven 80mph, on an A road I have never driven on, on a date when the car was in the garage all day!!!!! In fact have only driven to local town centre in whole of November.

Yes I was caught out, it is a set up. Not funny, as we will be soon travelling to India and I was worried.

Last edited by Bipat; Nov 26th 2011 at 8:27 pm. Reason: Addition
Old Nov 26th 2011, 10:24 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jagger
Jagger, sorry to inform YOU it gives details of sweet f**k all, its a cleverly constructed spoof site and the joke (?) only happens if you click on "photographic evidence". Bit like viruses, too many highly educated IT people (extended education paid for by us) with too little to do all day?

Having said all that, having gone through nightmares with the idiots at DVLA recently ( a sort of polite version of VFS and they dont make up the rules as they go along...........but are still bound by them), I have to confess:

I didnt find it funny either, even though my panic was brief
Old Nov 27th 2011, 1:55 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

In other words - it got you all !!!!

Dread -x
Old Nov 27th 2011, 2:51 am

[
Ah! bless you all, if you had gone to the picture you would have seen it was a spoof. Yes, it got us worried - I was blaming my kids for taking the car out whilst I was in Goa. It shows some of you don't read things to the end.

msj5 have been through the same thing as you
Old Nov 27th 2011, 3:36 pm

Ex-husband, daughter duped me: German woman
27 Nov: Times of India. A German businesswoman, who runs a boutique hotel in Goa, on returning to the coastal state this month after fighting with cancer for four years in a hospital in Germany, learned that her daughter and ex-husband had sold off her property worth about 10 crore in Candolim and then shared the proceeds from the sale of property between them…

www.goanvoice.org.uk
Old Nov 27th 2011, 3:38 pm

A Paradise Under Threat: By Tomazinho Cardozo
27 Nov: Navhind Times. The impression that Goa is the most secure state of India is fast vanishing. Today, Goa is not behind other states in the country, which are known for their law and order problems. Goans are witness to all types of crimes in all fields of life. Besides murders, rapes, assaults, etc, use of drugs, alcoholism, prostitution, etc, are on the rise. We are not at all that backward in the art of corruption, too. Goa where are you heading to?
www. goanvoice.org.uk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.