Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

Wikiposts

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Mar 21st 2010, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

The retiring MP Right Hon ? Patrica Hewitt has been caught on the take as below, perhaps she needs the dosh to top up her meagre pension ?
She is the Chair of the UKIBC which is always calling for greater investment in India,perhaps or two of you may wish to write to her ?

Hewitt was one of the MPs named in the 2010 sting operation in which she appeared to claim that she was paid £3,000 a day to help a client obtain a key seat on a Government advisory group

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
[email protected]; [email protected]

Welcome to the UK India Business Council. Whether you are long-established in India or considering your first market entry, UKIBC is here to help.India - one of the world's most exciting and fast-growing economies - offers opportunities that no British business can afford to neglect, particularly as we emerge from the global financial crisis.

UKIBC is led by business, with a board and members drawn from all sectors and from the largest firms to the newest start-ups. We are backed by the UK government through UKTI (the government's trade and investment arm) and ensure that the business voice is heard by governments of both countries.

By joining UKIBC, you become part of the premier network connecting businesses, entrepreneurs and professionals between Britain and India.
Patricia Hewitt

Chair UKIBC
Old Mar 21st 2010, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Tuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kan-conned
The retiring MP Right Hon ? Patrica Hewitt has been caught on the take as below, perhaps she needs the dosh to top up her meagre pension ?
She is the Chair of the UKIBC which is always calling for greater investment in India,perhaps or two of you may wish to write to her ?

Hewitt was one of the MPs named in the 2010 sting operation in which she appeared to claim that she was paid £3,000 a day to help a client obtain a key seat on a Government advisory group

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
[email protected]; [email protected]

Welcome to the UK India Business Council. Whether you are long-established in India or considering your first market entry, UKIBC is here to help.India - one of the world's most exciting and fast-growing economies - offers opportunities that no British business can afford to neglect, particularly as we emerge from the global financial crisis.

UKIBC is led by business, with a board and members drawn from all sectors and from the largest firms to the newest start-ups. We are backed by the UK government through UKTI (the government's trade and investment arm) and ensure that the business voice is heard by governments of both countries.

By joining UKIBC, you become part of the premier network connecting businesses, entrepreneurs and professionals between Britain and India.
Patricia Hewitt

Chair UKIBC
Hey Patricia, how's your personal hygiene? We think your breath smells a little
Old Mar 21st 2010, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

Lord Paul : Advisory Board Member, UKIBC; Peer of the Realm; Privy Councillor; non domiciled in the UK

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-1918519.html
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 12:39 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/...100337851.html

What a bloody waste of time and money!

The usual avoidance of dealing with the true problem by throwing ludicrous amounts of money at it, ensuring plenty of potential for bribery, and allowing all concerned, including the helicopter crew to continue sitting on their backsides doing nothing.

Still, at least it should drown out the racket from speed boats and jet-skis (are they a Russian invention?)
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 1:25 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a_f_d
The link quotes two lawyers:

!

AndyD 8-)#
Not allowed into real estate AM quotes,??So why is he setting companies up to purchase real estate,why is acting advocate to any foreigner purchasing property,if he is openiy quoted "foreigners are not allowed"

!!!
I rest my case a-f-d again
If you want me to put more links on BE about this shaddie character I don't have problem, google this bloke and there is so much sh!t that comes up you would have to purchase any manure for garden for the next 10 years
GC

Last edited by Goacrazy56; Mar 22nd 2010 at 1:28 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

http://www.cathnewsindia.com/2010/03...ister-objects/

Land, property, money, politics, caste, colour, race, religious profiling. Is that what its all about now?. Check out the link above.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

...Not allowed into real estate AM quotes,??So why is he setting companies up to purchase real estate,why is acting advocate to any foreigner purchasing property,if he is openiy quoted "foreigners are not allowed"
You are completely misunderstanding this - what he is saying is that foreigners cannot invest (i.e. FDI) in real-estate ventures - i.e. building developments, this is as per RBI rules, some people thought that meant you coudn't be an Estate Agent (UK type) and Augustus points out that this is not what is meant.
This has nothing to do with foreigners buying property.

As regards FN's buying by setting up 'shell' companies then I have always thought - and said - that it was 'dodgy'. Companies actually trading and buying property 'ancilliary' to their business is a different matter.

I've spent a bit of time and effort thinking about and writing this, I hope you can get some value by reading it.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:14 am
Account Closed

As regards FN's buying by setting up 'shell' companies then I have always thought - and said - that it was 'dodgy'. Companies actually trading and buying property 'ancilliary' to their business is a different matter.I've spent a bit of time and effort thinking about and writing this, I hope you can get some value by reading it.

AndyD 8-)#[/QUOTE]

But this is exactly what AM is doing for FN who are not doing the residential route.Setting up a companies for them.
For anyone that is not sure about an Advocate I suggest they google them as I said in my earlier post,they will for sure turn stuff up.
GC
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 6:57 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hemingway
Truemanc, iain492001,

I'm in agreement with a_f_d on this one regarding Augustus Monteiro - you have to judge based on your own personal experience in your own individual circumstances.

I for one don't agree with the old adage that 'the customer is always right' - whilst some service providers lie & don't do what they said they would - shock of shocks, but some 'customers' also lie & don't do what they said they would do - in short, there are always two sides to any story. . . . . . . . . .

H.
H and AFD

My experiences with this advocate consisted of nothing but lies and deception on his part. He took money from me and stated that he had undertaken certain actions which he had not undertaken, including taking "governement fees" from me to file documents which he then did not file.
The advices he gave me were illegal in parts, the documents he produced contained serious flaws and mistakes, and many of the things he stated to me were outright lies. In a nutshell this man dishonestly shafted me at every level in my dealings with him.
Before you judge me, the 'customer', as a liar, please feel free to come to my house and I will show you handwritten documents done by him, as well as correspondence, texts and other matter - all of which contain deceptions, lies and grave errors. Then you will see first hand the deliberate and dishonest acts of criminal deception committed by this so called representative of the Indian justice system!

The above is just my dealings with him - and from what I have SEEN of others' cases, I seem to have got off lightly !!

Dread - I speak the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

x

ps - have either of you had your documents etc checked independently? If not then do.....

Last edited by dreadsoc; Mar 22nd 2010 at 7:00 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 7:40 am
Account Closed

Dread
Im so glad someone else had the balls to come forward and name and shame this advocate for what he is ,a sham

Cheers
GC just google and all will be revealed
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

gregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nice

This is I think a little serious, but doesn't seem to be getting any press coverage, excuse me there was a bomb in a aircraft hold. But they are looking for clues !!!!!!!!
http://in.news.yahoo.com/20/20100322...ce-yet-to.html
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:16 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

I particularly liked.....

"We have not chanced upon any leads so far," Bangalore City Deputy Commissioner of Police (North-East Division) Basavaraj Malagatti told PTI,
and.....

The investigation would look into all aspects including on how the explosive material made its way into the cargo hold, the source from where it was procured, the official said in Thiruvananthapuram.
and don't you just long for the days when it was Trivandrum?

Anyway it does demonstrate that thr Goa Police Farce don't have a monopoly on stupidity.........
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 6:32 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
I particularly liked.....

and.....

and don't you just long for the days when it was Trivandrum?

Anyway it does demonstrate that thr Goa Police Farce don't have a monopoly on stupidity.........
To go one further :

The customs and security in Indian airports have a zero understanding of how to spot anything relating to explosives or terrorism. They are obsessed with removing CIGARETTE LIGHTERS from people in the belief that these can cause an explosion on a plane !! What a joke - it can't happen !

But then again, has anyone ever noticed that when you buy a lighter in India, it is always only part full of gas !! A lot of airport staff must have relations who run shops !

Muppets the lot of 'em.......

Dread - anyone got a light?
x
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gregit
This is I think a little serious, but doesn't seem to be getting any press coverage, excuse me there was a bomb in a aircraft hold. But they are looking for clues !!!!!!!!
http://in.news.yahoo.com/20/20100322...ce-yet-to.html
from what I've read it was a packet of weedkiller or fertiliser!

AndyD
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by a_f_d
from what I've read it was a packet of weedkiller or fertiliser!

AndyD
Same thing sold as both in India I expect...............ayurvedic, innit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.