Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

morse is on a distinguished road
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Letter of the Day in the Herald.

GOA AND TOURISM STANDARDS - DAVID LILLEY, Candolim

Tourism Minister Mickkey Pacheco and the like want to attract a better calss of tourists to Goa. They are self-delusionary For the main part, they haven't been to the west, from where they are hoping to attract these five-star tourists and thus have no concept of the standards required. Heaps of rubbish, open sewers, public urination and defecation, spitting lack of pavements etc, may be acceptable to those born and raised here, but is abhorrent to the West.

They should welcome those of us who accept Goa for what it is and return each year for guaranteed sunshine and good value and spend our hard saved money consistently during our months here, boosting the local economy. The odd 18-hole golf course, will not turn Goa into the French Riveiera

Be thankful for what you get and stop aspiring to be what you are not
Old Mar 25th 2010, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

You beat me to it morse,
Don't you just love a bloke who speaks his mind but also the truth
great letter lets hope they take notice
i wonder if this was our Milwart?
GC
http://www.oheraldo.in/newscategory/Letters/13
Old Mar 26th 2010, 12:11 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

MILWART is being a Woose these days! Wait until he comes on his holidays by the seaside in the UK no icecream for him.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:13 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
MILWART is being a Woose these days! Wait until he comes on his holidays by the seaside in the UK no icecream for him.
Is a "Woose" an Indian Moose?

And Milwart says if he was choosing a pseudonym it would not be Lilley!

Last edited by johnny five; Mar 26th 2010 at 7:14 am. Reason: Milwart
Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

gregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nice

http://www.oheraldo.in/newscategory/Opinions/14

Please help !!! Have I finally lost my mind, or in the the middle of all the doom and gloom in this article, I burst out laughing :
Unless, we can get our Act together and demonstrate to a man (and woman ) that we are completely committed to stem the rot, the rest of the country will care fiddle sticks for us, and the land mafia will continue to treat us like a bunch of chorus girls and boys, happy with a few dollars thrust into our panties.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gregit
http://www.oheraldo.in/newscategory/Opinions/14

Please help !!! Have I finally lost my mind, or in the the middle of all the doom and gloom in this article, I burst out laughing :
Unless, we can get our Act together and demonstrate to a man (and woman ) that we are completely committed to stem the rot, the rest of the country will care fiddle sticks for us, and the land mafia will continue to treat us like a bunch of chorus girls and boys, happy with a few dollars thrust into our panties.
Umm!! I read this and actually found that this bloke spoke some sense,pitty he isn't in government.I don't think he is having a pop at the man with one little house or apartment.What he has stated is actually a very actuate account of how Ali baba and his forty theives are selling Goa off and lining their own pockets
GC
Old Mar 26th 2010, 1:25 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Agree on the overall article GC, but the paragraph Gregit has quoted had the same effect on me, totally hilarious!

In fact I laughed so much that I almost turned turtle but then realised I should turn a nelson's eye to the strange wording..............

Milwart says if anyone wants to thrust dollars into his panties ("hard" currency only please) they are more than welcome, innit?

Last edited by johnny five; Mar 26th 2010 at 1:27 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 2:58 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
Is a "Woose" an Indian Moose?

And Milwart says if he was choosing a pseudonym it would not be Lilley!
You must have been talking to Dread about the Moose (sorry everybody private joke)
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by johnny five
Agree on the overall article GC, but the paragraph Gregit has quoted had the same effect on me, totally hilarious!

In fact I laughed so much that I almost turned turtle but then realised I should turn a nelson's eye to the strange wording..............

Milwart says if anyone wants to that dollars into his panties ("hard" currency only please) they are more than welcome, innit?
Hi J yes I did find the choice of wording very hilarious, a favorite past time of mine and OH when in Goa is to read the morning papers, start the day off on a roll

The article I did find interesting Innit
GC
Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:35 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Milwart says if anyone wants to thrust dollars into his panties ("hard" currency only please) they are more than welcome, innit?

Milwart you dirty boy - behave yourself, you're sounding like one of those players in the beach shacks (they have their pants showing above their waistline all the time - perhaps they're hoping people will tuck rupees down them )!!!

Naughty boy I'll smack your legs !!

Dread - discipline
x
Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:37 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
You must have been talking to Dread about the Moose (sorry everybody private joke)
Milwart cannot possibly look anything like that moose - please no there cannot be more than one of them !!!!
Milwart is far more 'hot' !!

Dread - not before breakfast
x
Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

Can survive without tourism
Maria Luisa Frias, by email

In the Herald letter today
To those of us who do not live on the beach belt and have nothing to do with tourism, it is extremely annoying to every now and again read insulting letters to the editor from foreigners who come to Goa because it is the cheapest holiday they can get and then demand that we locals lick their boots for saving us from penury.
Our eyes are not closed to the unsanitary conditions of our surroundings or to the stupidity of our ministers who should know better, but choose to close their eyes to this reality. We are also quite aware of the lamentable conditions in Goa due to the manifold increase in population, be it the tourists or migrants, who come here to serve their own needs. Our own population is shrinking at an alarming rate.
But, why should we face the threat of dire consequences if these people never return? On the contrary, it would be a blessing in disguise for us Goans as there would be less drugs in the market, respectful treatment at restaurants, affordable housing, more water and electricity, which would go a long way in alleviating our suffering.
We have survived without them in the past and will continue to manage without them and others who have the temerity to imagine that they're God's gift to Goa. To them all I say, thank you and goodbye.

Well Maria we would love to say goodbye, just let us sell at the going rate and I for one would be happy to wish you fairwell never to return to your sh!t ole again
GC living in hope
Old Mar 27th 2010, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

gregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Can survive without tourism
Maria Luisa Frias, by email

In the Herald letter today
To those of us who do not live on the beach belt and have nothing to do with tourism, it is extremely annoying to every now and again read insulting letters to the editor from foreigners who come to Goa because it is the cheapest holiday they can get and then demand that we locals lick their boots for saving us from penury.
Our eyes are not closed to the unsanitary conditions of our surroundings or to the stupidity of our ministers who should know better, but choose to close their eyes to this reality. We are also quite aware of the lamentable conditions in Goa due to the manifold increase in population, be it the tourists or migrants, who come here to serve their own needs. Our own population is shrinking at an alarming rate.
But, why should we face the threat of dire consequences if these people never return? On the contrary, it would be a blessing in disguise for us Goans as there would be less drugs in the market, respectful treatment at restaurants, affordable housing, more water and electricity, which would go a long way in alleviating our suffering.
We have survived without them in the past and will continue to manage without them and others who have the temerity to imagine that they're God's gift to Goa. To them all I say, thank you and goodbye.

Well Maria we would love to say goodbye, just let us sell at the going rate and I for one would be happy to wish you fairwell never to return to your sh!t ole again
GC living in hope
When did Goa manage on it's own, does this woman remember days before Portugese occupation
Old Mar 27th 2010, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

I must say I read this letter with a certain amount of sympathy:
she has a good idea what is wrong here but can't see how to do anything about it, and let's be honest, no-one likes to be criticised - especially by outsiders - even if the do "see most of the game".
She's hurting, and trying to be fair, let's not knock that.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Mar 27th 2010, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by a_f_d
I must say I read this letter with a certain amount of sympathy:
she has a good idea what is wrong here but can't see how to do anything about it, and let's be honest, no-one likes to be criticised - especially by outsiders - even if the do "see most of the game".
She's hurting, and trying to be fair, let's not knock that.

AndyD 8-)#
the temerity lies with Goans thinking they are God's gift to Goa, especially following 40 years of self congratulations while letting the place fall apart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.