Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

those old painted advertisements

those old painted advertisements

Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:54 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: those old painted advertisements

Originally Posted by Le Chant
Saw this one yesterday morning for you Tres, just south of Doué le Fontaine.
Nice, what is the building now? Or do you think it's an advert for 'cafe' as in the beans/ground beans?
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:58 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

I think it used to be a café, Tres. It's a domestic dwelling now though. I only caught it out of the corner of my eye. I was also parked right on a bend, so had to be quick.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 11:21 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

A few more from this morning's jaunt into Saumur, Tres. These three are from the centre of Longué Jumelles.

The telephone box is in the centre of the village opposite the bar!
Attached Thumbnails those old painted advertisements-img_1637.jpg   those old painted advertisements-img_1636.jpg   those old painted advertisements-img_1635.jpg   those old painted advertisements-img_1634.jpg  
Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:42 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! How did the phone get there? It looks like an English village in the background too! It that Boots I spy
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:00 pm

LOL! That's in use, is that phone too! Dead wierd, visiting the bar for a few pints of Murphys (oh yes.....) then coming out to see THAT telephone booth....
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:36 pm
down under where

There's clearly something wierd in that village. First there's you of course but that goes without saying... then there's the picture you took of a flying saucer... then... there's the local superette that's called RADAR in a village called long binoculars... What is going on up there????
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:41 pm

I told you Tres, it's the Murphys mate.....
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:02 am

The Boss and I had a roadtrip t'other day. We went over to see Paula Jayne (mad as a fish everyone....) and on the way there and back we saw some cracking ads. So, these are for you Tres! Hope you like them.

We also visited Chenonceaux. Wow! If anyone's thinking of visiting, just do it. What a place. I took some pics and I'll post a few later on today (hopefully) on the Photos thread.
Attached Thumbnails those old painted advertisements-tres.jpg   those old painted advertisements-tres2.jpg   those old painted advertisements-tres3.jpg  
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:05 am

A few more....
Attached Thumbnails those old painted advertisements-tres4.jpg   those old painted advertisements-tres5.jpg   those old painted advertisements-tres6.jpg   those old painted advertisements-tres7.jpg  
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Le Chant
The Boss and I had a roadtrip t'other day. We went over to see Paula Jayne (mad as a fish everyone....) and on the way there and back we saw some cracking ads. .
Oi Cheeky!!

And there was me telling Jonathan how well we got on .. so that must mean you are even madder than me

Here's a pic, not really an ad but makes you wonder how they manage to get up there.

PJ
Attached Thumbnails those old painted advertisements-paris-sacre-coer_20080525_048.jpg  
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by paulajayne
Oi Cheeky!!

And there was me telling Jonathan how well we got on .. so that must mean you are even madder than me

Here's a pic, not really an ad but makes you wonder how they manage to get up there.

PJ
No argument from me there PJ!