Reload this Page >

Storm Warning for SW

Storm Warning for SW

Old Jan 25th 2009, 7:24 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Storm Warning for SW

Originally Posted by Cleri
Don't forget lil Portugal,it's not good here either

Well it's turning in to a funny weekend well one to remember Yesterday the Storm today loverly Sunny day Today Now the car is vanishing under snow. Touch wood for the Minute we still have Electric. I haven't seen the snow fall this much since I was in Canada.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a pretty little village near Thiviers off the N21
onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dmu
Electricity went off yesterday at 16h00 and came back this morning at 9h30 (north of the Hérault). Dinner by candle-light (luckily we've got Butane gas for cooking), but woodfire not sufficient to heat sitting room (no circulator for radiators...), and candle-light not good for reading, so early to bed.
No real damage here, but things might be different in the valley. We'll find out, if and when the baker comes.....
Bonne chance to all!
You know what happens to the birth rate nine months after electricity cuts with all these early nights.....
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cleri
Don't forget lil Portugal,it's not good here either
Ah poor Cleri. Hope all's ok. President Sarkosy has called out the army to deal with all the damage - you'll have to flutter your eye lashes. We all know he likes a pretty face.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:50 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onlyonebrenda
You know what happens to the birth rate nine months after electricity cuts with all these early nights.....

I'm retired!!!!!!
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu

I'm retired!!!!!!

Your point being???
Old Jan 26th 2009, 4:53 am
Just Joined

Flora will become famous soon enoughFlora will become famous soon enough

Anyone in the La Reole, Monsegur, Marmande, Langon area? I am worried about friends that I can't get in touch with and our house which is pretty close to the river. Appreciate any news. Thanks
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:25 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Your point being???
I'm past child-bearing age:
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Flora
Anyone in the La Reole, Monsegur, Marmande, Langon area? I am worried about friends that I can't get in touch with and our house which is pretty close to the river. Appreciate any news. Thanks
I would not be surprised if the area is also suffering from power outages as well, There were issues on the other side as Emergency plans were action 'ed at a nuclear power plant by the Gironde River near Bordeaux. You could try phoning the Marie for your commune for some idea of issues in the area.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

A crisp packet lightly fluttered down the road here.

I don't really mean to make light of it! I heard about your spell of bad weather on the news, and it sounded horrendous - made me glad I wasn't down in that neck of the woods. Hope you're all keeping safe.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well the river flooded here and came within five yards of the house on Saturday before getting back within its banks on Sunday - big relief and hats off to all the utilities etc who've managed to keep going without a blip, although fortunately it was quite mild otherwise we might have had problems. A friend in St Pardoux la Rivière had her porch blown off but obviously things were considerably worse elsewhere. People seem to have been more prepared this time round after the floods here in June 2007. Fortunately being down in a valley by the river we don't experience the wind as much as areas even quite a short distance away. Now I'm off to help my OH with the damage at his place. He went up on the veranda roof when it was bad, lashed two ladders in place across the roof and also put two 50 liter containers of pebbles on top and still the roof blew off bringing one of the containers of pebbles with it. His supply of firewood has also got soaked with the flooding.
If you haven't heard from friends and loved ones it will be because utilities are still 'en panne'. Chances are they're all safe and sound.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

tracy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you had quite a weekend of it, it made UK breakfast news this morning, guess they got bored of saying 'quite cold today, high chance of rain' so decided to report someone else's weather!!
Is it true you get searing summer temperatures to make up for it though???
Old Jan 26th 2009, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by tracy1
Sounds like you had quite a weekend of it, it made UK breakfast news this morning, guess they got bored of saying 'quite cold today, high chance of rain' so decided to report someone else's weather!!
Is it true you get searing summer temperatures to make up for it though???
Can do, The hotest it's been since we moved here is 48 degrees, It's the only time the Cat did not want to leave the house This end although the Summers are pretty warm being so close to the mountains the weather is changeable. And very localized.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

Did I sleep through it all?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 3:27 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Highest temperature we've had was 45degrees in the summer of 05!
Old Jan 26th 2009, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

tracy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

45 and 48 degrees, that's pretty warm!!!!
We reached the sweltering heights of 18 degrees in the UK last summer, just for a day or two, I think that little heatwave sliced at least £1-45 off my heating bill!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.