Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Storm Warning for SW

Storm Warning for SW

Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Storm Warning for SW

Doesn't sound like much fun. I remember back in the 1980's, when a small brook in our UK backgarden rose at least six foot and came right up to our back door. Our poor neighbour's house was about four foot lower than ours, and their was an eddie current in the living room that washed away a lot of their possessions. I also recall watching tiles blow off a neighbour's roof around a similar time.

I was in Ardeche a couple of years back when it reached about 42C - there was the lightest of breezes that prevented me from passing out. I've walked in temperatures of 52C before in Death Valley - not a particularly long stroll, because you soon start craving for an air conditioned room or car!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a pretty little village near Thiviers off the N21
onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Storm Warning for SW

Originally Posted by Collioure_Bee
Did I sleep through it all?
If you did I'm glad for you. I think a lot of your little namesakes may have been destroyed with all the rain and destruction, and if the bees go humanity doesn't survive.
In answer to Tracy it can get blisteringly hot here - my definition of that is when the air is so warm it feels uncomortable in my lungs. My response has been to get up really early in the day when it's at its coolest, have a siesta then work or go out in the evening. Just seems like vague memories at present ......