Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

The Sacre Bleur - bar and bistro

The Sacre Bleur - bar and bistro

Old Aug 12th 2008, 4:47 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Sacre Bleur - bar and bistro

Originally Posted by Reedy
Or go to a coffee shop - kids'll be alright for 1/2 hr

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
I know -my parents used to own one, grandparents had one and a landscaping business to go with it, as did my parents.

Gardening I'm used to quite enjoy it.

The OH hates it when I want to go to a garden centre as he knows I can spend hours in them. There's a small one not far from me and I went in there last year for a birthday present for the MIL. Thought a plant would be something different, then I saw a few things I liked and ended up spending around 80 quid.

Bananas are one of the 5 things I cant stand.

them, aniseed, liquorice, honey (even the smell makes me gag) and sprouts. I can eat everything else.
I don't like gardening but I love having the big garden. We bought the house for the garden and the kids love it.

I like sprouts. Don't like aniseed (but I do like fennel), liquorice and honey.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 4:47 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

strong drink please ..........

drove 30 kilometres today to the big city hospital (more like a labyrinth) only to have my check-up and be told that my problem can be sorted out at the local hospital which is only 10 minutes down the road.

Navigated my way out of the car park and around 20 roundabouts on the way back home and feel like a drink.

Are the French also slowly replacing all traffic lights at larger junctions with huge roundabouts ??
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:24 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza

drove 30 kilometres today to the big city hospital (more like a labyrinth) only to have my check-up and be told that my problem can be sorted out at the local hospital which is only 10 minutes down the road.

Navigated my way out of the car park and around 20 roundabouts on the way back home and feel like a drink.

Are the French also slowly replacing all traffic lights at larger junctions with huge roundabouts ??
Wouldnt it be a better idea to have both lights and a roundabout at these junctions?
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I know -my parents used to own one, grandparents had one and a landscaping business to go with it, as did my parents.

Gardening I'm used to: quite enjoy it.

The OH hates it when I want to go to a garden centre as he knows I can spend hours in them. There's a small one not far from me and I went in there last year for a birthday present for the MIL. Thought a plant would be something different, then I saw a few things I liked and ended up spending around 80 quid.

Bananas are one of the 5 things I cant stand.

them, aniseed, liquorice, honey (even the smell makes me gag) and sprouts. I can eat everything else.
I like all those things.... don't eat red meat thhough - bleugh.

We have 1/4 an acre at the moment and it is hard work. I have a gardener for an afternoon every 2 weeks and he does all the big stuff like lawn mowing and tree pruning etc. Otherwise it is impossible to manage and have a life. Looking for something smaller in Oz.

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Are you going to hand deliver it for me?l:
Here you are hun - I squished it into the computer!

Sounds like a tedious day! Hope it is nothing serious. Bloomin trafiic - I think it is bad where ever you go.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:44 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

no nothing serious thanks - but at the best of times I don't particularly like driving when I don't really know where I am going ..... I sometimes seem to end up on some god forsaken but speedy duel carriageway that goes on for miles before i can find a way to turn around and come back on myself to the last bleeding roundabout.....and the Italians are not the most respectful of drivers !!

I more or less knew where I was going today and then followed the signs for the hospital - that was easy enough . It was inside the hospital that I got lost twice trying to find my way to the right floor and department ..... when the hospital seems to have three different but seemingly connecting blocks and all three of them had a fifth floor - not connected at the top floors as it happens !!!!!!!!

I was up and down in those lifts like a bloody yo-yo.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I like all those things.... don't eat red meat thhough - bleugh.

We have 1/4 an acre at the moment and it is hard work. I have a gardener for an afternoon every 2 weeks and he does all the big stuff like lawn mowing and tree pruning etc. Otherwise it is impossible to manage and have a life. Looking for something smaller in Oz.

Here you are hun - I squished it into the computer!

Sounds like a tedious day! Hope it is nothing serious. Bloomin trafiic - I think it is bad where ever you go.
The OH has just looked at me as if I landed from another planet when I told him I wouldnt mind 1/4 acre of land

He said "do you know how long it will take to cut the grass?"

I shut him up quite quickly - " how the hell would you know? You dont cut the grass here!"

I dont think he thought it through when he said the next house we buy is MY choice and mine alone.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:46 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

oui. and better it is,the french driver keeps on the move.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:47 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

The OH has just looked at me as if I landed from another planet when I told him I wouldnt mind 1/4 acre of land

I shut him up quite quickly - " how the hell would you know? You dont cut the grass here!"

I dont think he thought it through when he said the next house we buy is MY choice and mine alone.

Glad he has you ,and not me.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by stanage2
oui. and better it is,the french driver keeps on the move.
why? do they not know what the brakes are for?
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by stanage2
Glad he has you ,and not me.
Me too.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:53 pm
Banned

why? do they not know what the brakes are for?

brakes???????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

Wash out your mouth
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:54 pm
Banned

Me too.

Always works
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Off2Oz

I don't like gardening but I love having the big garden. We bought the house for the garden and the kids love it.

I like sprouts. Don't like aniseed (but I do like fennel), liquorice and honey.
Sprouts are my nightmare.

My mum made me eat three every Wednesday night and every Wednesday night I'd try and find a new way of getting rid of them. Even the bloody dog wouldn't eat them if I sneaked them under the table.

One night the phone rang and Mum went to answer it in another room. I quickly heaved out a shovel full of coal from the bucket ...... squashed the sprouts down and then covered them with the coal and swore to my sisters that I would kill them if they told on me.

I thought I'd got clean away with it too as I congratulated myself in bed later that night.

Little did I know that when Mum stoked the fire up for the night she found all these tiny green bits of sprout leaves.

She gave me SIX sprouts the next time ......... 3 for the ones I'd hidden and three for that evening's dinner as well ---and told me that if I didn't finish them under her watchful guard they would still be there for breakfast and lunch and dinner the next day.

I have never ever touched a sprout since I moved out and my kids don't even know what they are as I just don't buy them. Not so popular here in Italy anyway ...thank Christ. AND if I can tell by the look on my kids' faces that they really don't like something I WILL NOT force them to sit there and finish it.

Sprouts made me gip and I still had to eat the little bastards.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

no nothing serious thanks - but at the best of times I don't particularly like driving when I don't really know where I am going ..... I sometimes seem to end up on some god forsaken but speedy duel carriageway that goes on for miles before i can find a way to turn around and come back on myself to the last bleeding roundabout.....and the Italians are not the most respectful of drivers !!

I more or less knew where I was going today and then followed the signs for the hospital - that was easy enough . It was inside the hospital that I got lost twice trying to find my way to the right floor and department ..... when the hospital seems to have three different but seemingly connecting blocks and all three of them had a fifth floor - not connected at the top floors as it happens !!!!!!!!

I was up and down in those lifts like a bloody yo-yo.
Reminds me of the time I lost my car in the Trafford centre car park. (In Manchester) Don't know what it's like now, but before the IRA blew it up, the car park was 2 multi storeys - either side of a road, but linked by a bridge on the 3rd floor. I went into the wrong side, went to the correct floor and the correct space and thought my car had been pinched, so I called security - who - quite used to people like me, told me to check the same place on the other side of the road.

LOL, he'll be cutting forever - unless you get a gardener.

My cousins in Sydney have 37 acres - my cousin's OH runs a lawn mowing business and his is left to go wild apart from a small lawn at the front.

Me too.
I think he is a lucky man - without you his life would be complete chaos.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 6:01 pm
Banned

Sprouts are my nightmare.

My mum made me eat three every Wednesday night and every Wednesday night I'd try and find a new way of getting rid of them. Even the bloody dog wouldn't eat them if I sneaked them under the table.

One night the phone rang and Mum went to answer it in another room. I quickly heaved out a shovel full of coal from the bucket ...... squashed the sprouts down and then covered them with the coal and swore to my sisters that I would kill them if they told on me.

I thought I'd got clean away with it too as I congratulated myself in bed later that night.

Little did I know that when Mum stoked the fire up for the night she found all these tiny green bits of sprout leaves.

She gave me SIX sprouts the next time ......... 3 for the ones I'd hidden and three for that evening's dinner as well ---and told me that if I didn't finish them under her watchful guard they would still be there for breakfast and lunch and dinner the next day.

I have never ever touched a sprout since I moved out and my kids don't even know what they are as I just don't buy them. Not so popular here in Italy anyway ...thank Christ. AND if I can tell by the look on my kids' faces that they really don't like something I WILL NOT force them to sit there and finish it.

Sprouts made me gip and I still had to eat the little bastards.

Very good that,
But that is to many words for the little minds down-under.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.