Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Purchasing cheap house in France

Purchasing cheap house in France

Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:25 am
Just Joined

arubus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Purchasing cheap house in France

A lot of the english websites for french property have sections called 'recently reduced', but in my opinion isn't it just better to know the market - then if you see a house you like, you know whether your getting a good deal or not?

Also if you are serious about buying a place you can always make an offer - we are paying 35% less then the marketed price for the house we are buying - but this was achieved through research and negotiation.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

asj968 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arubus
A lot of the english websites for french property have sections called 'recently reduced', but in my opinion isn't it just better to know the market - then if you see a house you like, you know whether your getting a good deal or not?

Also if you are serious about buying a place you can always make an offer - we are paying 35% less then the marketed price for the house we are buying - but this was achieved through research and negotiation.
Welcome.

I totally agree. Before we bought our house in Pays de la Loire, I had been visiting the area for years and knew local people so could get a good feel for the market. That way I knew what would be seen as a cheeky offer and what would be a fair reduction to a farmer who was chancing his luck.

We are currently looking for another property in Pas de Calais for a permanent residence and have been watching the market for over a year.

Like you say, know your market
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:13 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it's taken the OP Two years to get this far this old thread he started on Immobilier Web Sites didn't get him far. No chance of him being a neighbor soon.

So a House in Spain

And Italy

here France

and a Car in the UAE

Kazic you must have loads of dosh can I have a Job?

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Apr 27th 2009 at 5:47 am.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

kazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nice

It is not Spain AND France AND Italy.

It is Spain OR France OR Italy

Why was it so confusing?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:56 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kazic
It is not Spain AND France AND Italy.

It is Spain OR France OR Italy

Why was it so confusing?
Because it's just the same Thread in 3 Forum Sections. Plus considering you were looking in France this time a couple of years ago. Anyway that aside what's your idea of a low buying price that suits you.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

kazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nice

The system described by asj968 would be a great solution (citation: This post is not much use as I can't remember the website address but there is one which shows the history of the property since it has been for sale with a graph showing the price as it has been reduced over time. I will have to have a dig around.)

Purchasing home may take many years especially if you are buying it from abroad.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Nibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud of

[
Try asking Carol Smiliy she had a program on daytime TV where she would go to some obscure french town or in the middle of france find a cheap house then go through the motions of buying it for some Twit....sad really reality TV
I have lived and worked in france for some time, i know alot of french people nothing is cheap,i rent like alot of people i know and i feel sorry for the situation most people in france are in they find it very hard to find places to buy.

My apprentice is on a six year waiting list for social housing....great!!..I Told him to go to britain and earn some money
Its interesting reading the thoughts of others in these low economic times it seems to bring alsorts of insects out of the woodwork to munch on others fallen dreams.

Last edited by Nibbler; Apr 28th 2009 at 7:06 am.