Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Purchasing cheap house in France

Purchasing cheap house in France

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

kazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nice
Default Purchasing cheap house in France

What is the best way to purchase a house in France? I am a kind of purchaser who does not need a house or apartment in France. But, I would purchase it right away if it would be offered for the very low price. Where could be found 'the offers nobody would refuse'.

We read that apparently French economy has difficulties and that there is a sreious decline in housing sale prices..... I do not believe such stories. If you find the announcement someone is selling a house, the asking prices are those of 2008.

Isn't it contradictory? People are apparently ready to sell the house at a very low price, but the asking prices are too high.

Is there any serous internet site where people can find serios offers which need to be accepted quickly, for cash and without too much discussion?
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all
Default Re: Purchasing cheap house in France

They may be the prices of 2008, but they are not the prices of 2007.

Tell us all what you want at what price and see what answer you get.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it better to buy for love? If you just want to buy for the sake of a cheap house, you can find all sorts of countries (in Europe too) where you can steal a bargain.
You'll find the best bargains in France outside of the Brit inhabited areas. In the particularly 'desirable' places, prices can still be quite obscene. The French economy has always been a little shaky, but it always chugs along and doesn't have the same imbalances as the UK. If prices do change, it may take a few more years yet.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazic
What is the best way to purchase a house in France? I am a kind of purchaser who does not need a house or apartment in France. But, I would purchase it right away if it would be offered for the very low price. Where could be found 'the offers nobody would refuse'.

We read that apparently French economy has difficulties and that there is a sreious decline in housing sale prices..... I do not believe such stories. If you find the announcement someone is selling a house, the asking prices are those of 2008.

Isn't it contradictory? People are apparently ready to sell the house at a very low price, but the asking prices are too high.

Is there any serous internet site where people can find serios offers which need to be accepted quickly, for cash and without too much discussion?
The housing market is the same as in the UK. People have spent money on their property so they would like to some some return. People obviously don't want to loose money and if they bought it not long ago then they will certainly want to wait until prices start to rise again. I agree with you though that the asking prices are still too high and there are a lot of hopeful people about. You may have an advantage as a cash buyer, but I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Its rare to find good cheap buys on the internet, or in the agencies. Its by talking to people that you can get to hear of a good buy before it even goes on the market. There was a small block of flats in Besançon that I was interested in buying & renovating for renting out. The person I spoke to told me that they knew the owner who had inherited the building and that he was about to sell. I waited until it was on the market, but I never saw it!! About 6 months on and I saw they were doing work in these appartements, and I found out that the seller had gone to an agency (C******21), and instead of putting it on the market, they thought it was a good buy so they bought it themselves!!!
I learnt my lesson fast, and now if I hear of something I look into it straight away.

You can easily find building with need of renovation at cheap prices, but is that what you want??

For a website in france you could start here or even on Le Bon Coin

Le bon coin can be interesting because there isn't an agency involved and you can do the sale yourself (although you still have to go via a notaire). If you do see something that interests you at a very good price, especially on le bon coin, be quick about it!!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Is this post for real as I see you've asked the same question in the Italian and Spanish forums?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 11:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
Is this post for real as I see you've asked the same question in the Italian and Spanish forums?
And they are trying to buy cheap cars in the Middle East........maybe the OP thinks this is ebay not BE?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 11:59 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And they are trying to buy cheap cars in the Middle East........maybe the OP thinks this is ebay not BE?
Fishing for desperate sellers I suspect.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 9:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herman
Fishing for desperate sellers I suspect.
I think he has burnt his typing finger cos he hasn`t answered at all.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

Bewitched by Pollyana no doubt!!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 11:10 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Wonderful! I should post that Bulgarian Roofless Tin Wreck I found on ebay for 600 quid - maybe he'd be tempted.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by val50
best to ignore any of his posts
Old Apr 26th 2009, 3:12 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

You can have our house cheap

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Apr 26th 2009 at 3:18 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

kazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nice

Well, it looks like that someone smart needs to set up 'propertysnake.co.uk' for the French, Spanish or Italian properties.

Personally, I am interested to purchase something in any of these three countries. But, it is obvious that there is no system to identify property with the decreased asking price. If I am not wrong, the only way is to visit some region and to begin with own search, from house to house... Not very efficient, indeed.

So, we will continue to hear the stories about desperate sellers who can not find the byers. At the same time, there is no way the byers can find those desperate sellers. Fascinating, isn't it?

The property market on internet act as if nothing has happened. The asking prices are those of 2008. Hopefully somke smart young IT professionals will set up the proper internet site offering the possibility for serious seller and buyers to exchange their purchasing contracts quickly.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:25 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it looks like that someone smart needs to set up 'propertysnake.co.uk' for the French, Spanish or Italian properties.

Personally, I am interested to purchase something in any of these three countries. But, it is obvious that there is no system to identify property with the decreased asking price. If I am not wrong, the only way is to visit some region and to begin with own search, from house to house... Not very efficient, indeed.

So, we will continue to hear the stories about desperate sellers who can not find the byers. At the same time, there is no way the byers can find those desperate sellers. Fascinating, isn't it?

The property market on internet act as if nothing has happened. The asking prices are those of 2008. Hopefully somke smart young IT professionals will set up the proper internet site offering the possibility for serious seller and buyers to exchange their purchasing contracts quickly.
Buy and Selling a house is not something thats quick in France the French are happy to sit and wait it's what they have done for years. When property does not move at it's natural pace for the zone that it's in you have to look at the undying factors that are causing this. In the current economic climate it's not finding the purchasers that is the problem, It's finding a financial institution to loan them the money thats the issue. Banks are currently squeezing their cheeks together and little is coming out.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

asj968 is an unknown quantity at this point

This post is not much use as I can't remember the website address but there is one which shows the history of the property since it has been for sale with a graph showing the price as it has been reduced over time. I will have to have a dig around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.