Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Neighbour problems

Neighbour problems

Old Sep 5th 2011, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

SuzieB will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Neighbour problems

I would go to the MSA as suggested by Etoile, our mayor gave us incorrect information. I had to go to the Impots office which has a dept for Cadastre records. This was in relation to the garden problem, to establish who owned which parcels.
Our mayor has been described as too 'Zen', think he just doesn't want to get involved and now as the mediators has given up.
Keep fighting as we are! justice has to be near?
Old Sep 5th 2011, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Angry Re: Neighbour problems

Another knock back today, mayor not taking any responsibility for mice infestation, dead rabbits or smoking van. We have a meeting with the hygiene dept on Thursday, not optimistic!
Will vote the mayor out, he needs to wake up or move aside to allow someone more proactive in.
Seriously thinking of going to the press, would rattle a few cages?
Old Sep 6th 2011, 9:57 am
Banned

Etoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of light

Before you go to the press, find out who they count as friends. Especially the mayor..if some of his mates get positions of power you will get no help about anything on future. Stalling and procrastination are useful tools from the village mayor to the Elysee Place and ieven into enforcing EU regulations.
Your neighbours may have friends who can cause you more trouble than you have right now.
Have you thought of going to a solicitor (notaire) ? He may do all the work for you and carry far more weight doing it.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Hi Etoile

We have been to a notaire, re the garden and also the smoking van. The notaire tried for the garden, unfortunately the previous owner didn't want to budge. She advised going to an avocat for the van, told us it was just a simple letter needed. Not so! the avocat said we would have to go to court for both. Both take time and money, don't want to waste either on our scutty neighbours. In saying that, we have already wasted more than 2 years on the problems.
I understand what you're saying about the mayor and his supporters. The previous mayor was also the notaire of the garden owner (we tried to take on). Apparently, the same mayor is a friend of our scutty neighbour's father.
We have already discovered it's almost incestuous in this village!
Even though he's only the mayor of our village it's almost certain he's in with the newspaper bods. The town has only 55k population.
Just feel incensed that there was an article of our neighbours recently in the local paper. There was a photo of them selling in their van, 'good quality produce' 'always a smile' 'many strings to his bow, baker, chocolate + ice cream maker'.
The neighbours may have lots of friends, but we do to and some more than prepared to help.
Thursday we have I think our last hope, the department of hygiene for businesses. Also trying to advertise the flat more to sell! (hope the mice don't make an appearance)
Thanks for your advice E.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Karlo will become famous soon enough

Etoile de Berger
Your advice to Suzie is spot on, I think it could be a very dangerous path to go down . I mentioned Suzie's latest idea of going to the press this morning to my french neighbour.
With the problem she is having as well with the neighbours from hell, she considered the press, but thought less of it as it would only open her up for people to come and cause trouble for her.

We have made super friends since we have been here, but mainly with the Parisians who like us have settled in our area , and like us, to a certain degree they are considered outsiders by the true locals.

We are finding some local people, considered as friends that have been helpful to us in the past can all of a sudden for some unknown reason ....... just blank you!
Old Sep 6th 2011, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Karlo

We too have some great friends here in the village. I have avoided talking about our problems with the neighbours, except the van prob. Only because I've had to leave the flat often coughing and neighbours have asked if I was ok. Also our neighbours one side are sometimes affected.
Think the bods who are no longer talking to you are hearing the problems from your horrible neighbours. They are obviously hearing a different story!
I have been told that our female scutty neighbour tells everyone at the school the problems and the women believe I am some type of sorcerer.
I've just got to a point where I want to expose them, although I know it's probably not a good idea. Trying to stay dignified is not easy sometimes.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Just heard from talking to a neighbour opposite that the couple who viewed our flat are in fact buying another in the village. Shame!
We have advertised on Bon Coin and Paru Vendu, also local shop where they don't frequent. Anyone know any good free sites to advertise?
Also, does anyone know how much tax is charged on renting properties? We may have to seriously consider renting the flat out.

thanks peeps!
Old Sep 10th 2011, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Alicja is a jewel in the roughAlicja is a jewel in the roughAlicja is a jewel in the roughAlicja is a jewel in the rough

Terrible to read of your problems, Suzie. Life's too short for this. I think you should go all out to find how to rent out your flat. Find somewhere else to live.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

I agree Alicja! It took a while to persuade my partner to agree to move. He's not keen on renting due to paying the tax and also wants to break totally from these people. If we rent he still has to attend a yearly owners meeting.
I'm ready to move either way, have been in UK recently and finding it harder to adjust being back this time.
Life is too short, I just want my life back.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hallelujah! department of hygiene for businesses due to pass this week. They will check everything, his papers, work place (his kitchen), rabbit cages etc. Hope they hit them with everything!!
We had a woman view the flat last week, she looked at the back and wasn't impressed. May have another viewing, so at least we're getting some response to our ads.
What a beautiful day today, sunny and at last some hope.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SuzieB
Hallelujah! department of hygiene for businesses due to pass this week. They will check everything, his papers, work place (his kitchen), rabbit cages etc. Hope they hit them with everything!!
We had a woman view the flat last week, she looked at the back and wasn't impressed. May have another viewing, so at least we're getting some response to our ads.
What a beautiful day today, sunny and at last some hope.
Sorry, meant to put the quote in last time.. Just wanted to say that I'm sure we're all keeping our fingers crossed for you. I know I am!
Old Sep 26th 2011, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks soooooo much S + L! will hopefully have some good news next week when the guy reports back.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

The guy from hygiene came and went, we chased him for feedback (as everyone else). Apparently he found nothing "reprehensible".
The rabbit cages have been cleaned since, but we still have an infestation of mice.
After I had a confrontation with the 2 of them, they were pissed off because we'd complained to the various departments. I had up until that moment been having a lovely day. He shouted at me from his patio, I answered back calmly. He started saying ridiculous lies (accusing us of stealing)in front of his son, she then appeared. I decided to retaliate and confronted her with her conning an association. She denied it of course and accused me of "defamation of character" and to prove by demanding it in writing. They both tried to force me out of the drive (shared area), threatening + offensive. I finished by saying "you're not finished" (French expression) and walked away.
I was upset after and called my partner. However, he went to the mayor and complained that I upset his wife and we were harassing them!
My partner received a call from the mediators, the mayor had called them. The woman said she had never had a situation that had detiorated as ours. My partner replied that when you're dealing with dishonest unreasonable people it's impossible to resolve.
Good news! the mayor spoke to our lovely neighbour above and asked what goes on here. Apparently the mayor has received other complaints now against them. Enfin! a glimmer of hope. Michel our hero told all to the mayor, the idiots have lied to him too amongst other things.
Still trying to sell the flat, has gone quiet now but normal for this time of year. Hoping bank account and syndicate will be sorted soon (only taken 10 months!) and we can look forward to a happier 2012.
???
Old Nov 7th 2011, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Karlo will become famous soon enough

HI SuzieB
Glad to see you might have light at the end of the tunnel now. regarding our situation it still carries on, they are still there, and what trees they spared us are now loosing their leaves so we will be seeing more of them.
It appears that the Mares wife has been rubbishing my wife, telling people that she is a racist and it is us causing the trouble, by complaining!.
But we know as well as everybody else living around here it is because her husband (the Mare) cannot be bothered to do anything about the situation, just hoping it will all go quietly away.
We are starting soon to plant, what I hope is going to be a small forest to screen out these people from looking at us at every opportunity they get.
Some of the locals around here have kindly given us permission to go onto their land to dig up as many young trees as we like to plant, we will also buy a few large ones from the local Pepiniere.
Lets hope we get a nice hard winter like the last one, as some of the people around here are saying it will be too much for them living in a wooden cabin and a caravan, 3 adults 2 small kids and possibly another one on the way.

Kind regards

Karlö
Old Nov 7th 2011, 8:40 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Karlo
HI SuzieB
Glad to see you might have light at the end of the tunnel now. regarding our situation it still carries on, they are still there, and what trees they spared us are now loosing their leaves so we will be seeing more of them.
It appears that the Mares wife has been rubbishing my wife, telling people that she is a racist and it is us causing the trouble, by complaining!.
But we know as well as everybody else living around here it is because her husband (the Mare) cannot be bothered to do anything about the situation, just hoping it will all go quietly away.
We are starting soon to plant, what I hope is going to be a small forest to screen out these people from looking at us at every opportunity they get.
Some of the locals around here have kindly given us permission to go onto their land to dig up as many young trees as we like to plant, we will also buy a few large ones from the local Pepiniere.
Lets hope we get a nice hard winter like the last one, as some of the people around here are saying it will be too much for them living in a wooden cabin and a caravan, 3 adults 2 small kids and possibly another one on the way.

Kind regards

Karlö
If you plant established trees or bushes make sure they are at least 2m away from the boundary other wise your nuisance neighbours may force you to get them cut down. I would consider lots of bamboo of the spreading varieties.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.