MayDay!!!

Old May 12th 2008, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

sdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud of
Default Re: MayDay!!!

Cheers for this dmu, really interesting stuff. Of course, this depends on actually reaching the age to retire, what with it being pushed up every couple of years.....
Old May 12th 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a pretty little village near Thiviers off the N21
onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=dmu;6338345]
Originally Posted by dmu
The French State Pension depends on what you earned during your working life, based on several of your "best years". 800 € would correspond to a low-wage earner, probably the equivalent of the SMIC, and at the other end of the scale, an engineer could expect a State Pension of 5 times that sum. This is logical, as the more you pay in when working, the more you get back upon retirement. (and don't forget the compulsory supplementary pension for everyone and the "Caisse des Cadres" Pension for executives and management).
/QUOTE]

For the record, I've made a mistake. The State Pension is more or less the same for everyone. It is the Supplementary Fund and Caisse des Cadres which provide pensions proportional to the salary. Sorry about that...
As an ex-engineer whose company went bust in one of the many world recessions I thought it sounded too good to be true....
Old May 13th 2008, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdale100
Not to worry,

Anyway, here I am at work, waiting for the last hour to go by, wondering if I may see one or two clients this morning, if they have all chosen to "make the bridge".

:
i didnt know you were in construction. How many bridges to you do a year roughly
Old May 13th 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

sdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by themoose
i didnt know you were in construction. How many bridges to you do a year roughly
Depends on staff motivation mostly, but as many as possible, not that it helps the traffic problems!!
Old May 13th 2008, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on staff motivation mostly, but as many as possible, not that it helps the traffic problems!!
No i can believe that. Only reason i asked was O/H's uncle was an engineer constructing dams with passes (road). I was amazed at just how long these took to complete. He seemed to have several on the go at once yet they each took years to complete. Amazing.

Anyway......... have a good one
Old May 13th 2008, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by themoose
No i can believe that. Only reason i asked was O/H's uncle was an engineer constructing dams with passes (road). I was amazed at just how long these took to complete. He seemed to have several on the go at once yet they each took years to complete. Amazing.

Anyway......... have a good one
I heard that the French have the world record now for the lowest average nulber of hours worked during the year for a full time job, and the greatest number of days on holiday (accounting for bank holidays and "RTT") Anyone surprised?
Old May 13th 2008, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

I heard that the French have the world record now for the lowest average nulber of hours worked during the year for a full time job, and the greatest number of days on holiday (accounting for bank holidays and "RTT") Anyone surprised?
Not at all and to them.

A day more to enjoy life cant be bad
Old May 13th 2008, 1:45 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes can someone explain the nicely placed Teachers strike tommorrow, And why they had one one the same day last year. And they wonder why they have no spending power, go figure. In the UK i averaged 65 to 70 hours a week working being with BT i loved out of hours work because funny shifts would push you on to protracted hours double and triple time for a normal days work i didnt do this because i had to it was because i love buying toys for me. Logic says you want to spend more so work harder and you earn more. The unions here say do less get more. Its a bad moral work ethic the Employer and Employee suffer and so does the consumer. Sarkozy has no hope pf sorting it. Does anyone know if they get paid whilst on strike here our is a days pay frozen.
Old May 13th 2008, 5:12 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

They are on strike about reduction in numbers of teachers and assistants = not pay. Sarkozy came along and said:
1: standards are dropping in education we need to do something
2: we need to cut costs and let's cut a few dozen thousand posts in the schools.

Pr*ck
(nice missus though)

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Yes can someone explain the nicely placed Teachers strike tommorrow, And why they had one one the same day last year. And they wonder why they have no spending power, go figure. In the UK i averaged 65 to 70 hours a week working being with BT i loved out of hours work because funny shifts would push you on to protracted hours double and triple time for a normal days work i didnt do this because i had to it was because i love buying toys for me. Logic says you want to spend more so work harder and you earn more. The unions here say do less get more. Its a bad moral work ethic the Employer and Employee suffer and so does the consumer. Sarkozy has no hope pf sorting it. Does anyone know if they get paid whilst on strike here our is a days pay frozen.
Old May 14th 2008, 8:34 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by treskillard
They are on strike about reduction in numbers of teachers and assistants = not pay. Sarkozy came along and said:
1: standards are dropping in education we need to do something
2: we need to cut costs and let's cut a few dozen thousand posts in the schools.

Pr*ck
(nice missus though)
Yes she's a bit of alright....but she's been about a bit.