MayDay!!!

Old May 1st 2008, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

sdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud of
Default MayDay!!!

I just wanted to be the first to wish you all a happy 1st of May.

I believe it's going to be a nice day for most of the country, so lots of country-walking in prospective for most I presume. What else can you do on the first of May when everything is supposed to be closed?

We're going to eat at the inlaws, and then probably go for a walk in a forest near here.
Old May 1st 2008, 7:10 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MayDay!!!

Originally Posted by sdale100

I believe it's going to be a nice day for most of the country, so lots of country-walking in prospective for most I presume. What else can you do on the first of May when everything is supposed to be closed?

We're going to eat at the inlaws, and then probably go for a walk in a forest near here.
Go on a Manifestation with the Syndicats! Or watch "Gone with the Wind" in French on FR3. Or just laze around.
Old May 1st 2008, 8:11 am
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light

Happy Mayday to all too. I would wish a Happy Ascension Day but it doesn't seem quite right!

I was supposed to be helping my mum finish the floor tiling today, but yesterday she said I wasn't needed. She was going to use me the week after for some more plasterboarding instead. Oh joy!

It's bright sun and rain right now, everyone else is still in bed, but later a nice cycle ride might be on the cards, failing that, watching Madagascar, snuggled up on the sofa!
Old May 1st 2008, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Have agreat May everyone. That cycle ride sounds the best
Lets hope its a great summer and we can all realise just how lucky we all are
Old May 1st 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdale100

Happy May Day to you all
Hope you all got your pot of Muguet de Mai
Old May 1st 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

Happy MayDay to all. Just been to Argeles Sur Mer for the annual vider grenier, which was apparantly bigger than ever. Didn't buy anything but really interesting and the place was buzzing.
Old May 1st 2008, 1:56 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

ode to the tan

the sun is up
the wind is down
in may maybe
my skin will brown

Old May 1st 2008, 10:47 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
ode to the tan

the sun is up
the wind is down
in may maybe
my skin will brown

<mutters>

It is a-raining in Richmond Hill.
Old May 1st 2008, 10:49 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
<mutters>

It was a rainy night in Georgia too I hear but they didn't complain...
Old May 1st 2008, 10:55 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
It was a rainy night in Georgia too I hear but they didn't complain...
Yeabut, they're bleedin' Georgians, innit?
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
<mutters>

what you moaning about - at least it's stopped snowing
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:24 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by val50
what you moaning about - at least it's stopped snowing
True.

It is a-snowing not in Richmond Hill.

<we make a great team>
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

We had some Muguet de Mai, and many people I saw walking along the streets of Paris yesterday had some in their hands. I hadn't known about this tradition until now.
Old May 2nd 2008, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

sdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud of

I actually saw some people on the side of the road selling their Muguet for 3 euros a sprig, and once out of stock, one of them would run into the woods behind them to get some more.
Why would anyone want to pay for something they can pick themselves???

Well, it as a miss for the walk in the forest anyway, as it started to rain just as we waned to go out, which quickly transformed into a hailstorm. Good job opted for a "pont" today.
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:11 am
down under where

Apparently a Muguet seller was held up by a man with a sawn off shot gun yesterday in a suburb of Marseille and robbed of her days takings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.