Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Sep 21st 2012, 1:24 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Originally Posted by maggie63
Hi, I'm new to this site. I've joined because I am thinking of moving to Normandy soon, and just wanted to hear about other peoples views on Normandy, leaving the UK etc.. I am not certain of which area but think it will be close to Vire / Vassy. Please get in touch and let me hear your thoughts on moving from the UK to France. Maggie
As always dmu gives good advice. May I ask why Normandy? Better links back to UK perhaps? If you can spare the time, there are lots of quality info posts, so use the Search box (top right), or as dmu says post a more detailed thread, if you feel inclined. And, welcome.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 2:07 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maggie63
Hi, I'm new to this site. I've joined because I am thinking of moving to Normandy soon, and just wanted to hear about other peoples views on Normandy, leaving the UK etc.. I am not certain of which area but think it will be close to Vire / Vassy. Please get in touch and let me hear your thoughts on moving from the UK to France. Maggie
Welcome to the Forum
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

chris68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I've not been here for a few years, so I thought I'd reintroduce myself. I'm Chris, originally from Blackpool but have lived in France ( with various froggies ) since 2000 - so I've experienced most of the red-tape and weirdness of the French system - included starting work, houses, unemployment, doctors, travel, having kids, speeding fines...you get the idea. Anyway, Hello.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

G-str is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!
Old Sep 24th 2012, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

I'd love to get in touch with Ka Ora (seems to have a lot of knowledge about a particular issue to do with French Law) but I need to post 4 comments to do so.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

So I'm working on that right now. Sorry to take up valuable space...
Old Sep 24th 2012, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

OK last one, sorry again.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 3:47 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G-str
OK last one, sorry again.
Hi G-str, he'll be along I feel certain. There are a couple of others who will give you some help, so perhaps post in the main section your query. Also, Search box may help. And, welcome.

Last edited by cjm; Sep 24th 2012 at 3:47 pm. Reason: Spelllllling
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Sashama is an unknown quantity at this point

HI,

We are an english speaking family from Malta newly settled in Evreux in Normandie. Sasha and Loren 41 and 31 and our 5 year old daughter Lilly.

We decided to move to Evreux as my husband was offered a great job in Paris and at the time we felt Paris was not the right place for us. I have been here 3 months with my daugther to settle us in before school started and have not yet managed to create a social life. I would love to meet with english speakers it would even be better if they have kids!!!

Should you feel like meeting us for a drink, please contact
Thanks
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 8:55 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sashama
HI,

We are an english speaking family from Malta newly settled in Evreux in Normandie. Sasha and Loren 41 and 31 and our 5 year old daughter Lilly.

We decided to move to Evreux as my husband was offered a great job in Paris and at the time we felt Paris was not the right place for us. I have been here 3 months with my daugther to settle us in before school started and have not yet managed to create a social life. I would love to meet with english speakers it would even be better if they have kids!!!

Thanks
Hi, welcome once again to the forum (I've only just seen this post!). I didn't realise you had a child, which fact cuts down every one's social life. Also, you've only been here 3 months - give yourself time to make friends, English or otherwise! Concentrate on getting your daughter settled, esp. if you are both working all day. Your social life will develop later, be patient!
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 3:51 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sashama
HI,

Thanks
Welcome to the Forum
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

gilly17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from Royan

Hello everybody the tourists have gone home so there's loads of space on the beach. Only problem is it's raining!
Old Oct 10th 2012, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of

Hi Gilly,
We are just outside Angouleme, so about an hour and a half from you! Been a funny October so far, mostly wet and miserable, but much needed rain here after the drought of August and September.
Blackie
Old Oct 10th 2012, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

gilly17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Blackie,
Wish the rain would come back because it's too sticky and hot now. Wierd weather, need your swimming suit plus raincoat.
Bye for now
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

RichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blackladder
Hi Gilly,
We are just outside Angouleme, so about an hour and a half from you! Been a funny October so far, mostly wet and miserable, but much needed rain here after the drought of August and September.
Blackie
We are north of Angouleme, (Ruffec area) weather as you say a tad rainy but still VERY warm, plus the chestnuts are beginning to fall

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.