Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old May 16th 2010, 8:05 am
BRC
Just Joined

BRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really nice
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

As well as the Ariege Moto Club, there is also Bike Club France, which is a fantastic resource of bike related information, as well as a social site.[/QUOTE]

Yes I've joined the Bike Club France site & have been chatting to a few bikers locally, I'm going to see if I can get a meet organised at my place in Rocamadour as we have a working bread oven that makes fantastic pizza's too!

We're ex-forces as well, ex-RAF as hubby retired at his first option point and we came out here. And I remember RAF Catterick well as a friend (Rockape) was posted there back in the 90's.

I've also ridden around those roads on the bike, that and the Dales I do miss, riding past the Ribblehead Viaduct over toe Devil's Bridge....

Take care,
Jen
Old May 16th 2010, 10:21 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BRC

I've also ridden around those roads on the bike, that and the Dales I do miss, riding past the Ribblehead Viaduct over toe Devil's Bridge....

Take care,
Jen
I got to see yorkshire in a Tank, Trust me its the best way
Old May 22nd 2010, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

Tanya P is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to say 'Hi'!
We're moving to our house near Biarritz in July from South Africa. Currently here on a military posting (Army) and my husband, Alex, signs off at the end of the summer. We're coming to SW France to see if we can make a new life and if not, we'll take it on the chin and move back to the UK. Really looking forward to it!

Once Alex has spent a bit of time on his surfboard and recovered from the fact that we are a 13 hour drive from the beach in Pretoria (!) he'll be looking for work. If that works out, then I'll see if I, too, can get some work. I'm ex-Army too, but spent the last two years working on high end London and Wiltshire interior decoration projects as a project manager.

Our other family member is our gorgeous Hungarian Vizsla, 'Lany'. She's the reason for coming straight to France - she'd die of a broken heart in quarantine in the UK!

Been reading the other threads - no motorbikes in our family, I'm afraid, but over the years, our garden resembles a 'Land Rover Graveyard.' Alex renovates old ones - the more they look like a 'shed' at the start, the better apparently!

Any top tips are always valued - thanks!
Old May 22nd 2010, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Tanya P
Just wanted to say 'Hi'!
We're moving to our house near Biarritz in July from South Africa. Currently here on a military posting (Army) and my husband, Alex, signs off at the end of the summer. We're coming to SW France to see if we can make a new life and if not, we'll take it on the chin and move back to the UK. Really looking forward to it!

Once Alex has spent a bit of time on his surfboard and recovered from the fact that we are a 13 hour drive from the beach in Pretoria (!) he'll be looking for work. If that works out, then I'll see if I, too, can get some work. I'm ex-Army too, but spent the last two years working on high end London and Wiltshire interior decoration projects as a project manager.

Our other family member is our gorgeous Hungarian Vizsla, 'Lany'. She's the reason for coming straight to France - she'd die of a broken heart in quarantine in the UK!

Been reading the other threads - no motorbikes in our family, I'm afraid, but over the years, our garden resembles a 'Land Rover Graveyard.' Alex renovates old ones - the more they look like a 'shed' at the start, the better apparently!

Any top tips are always valued - thanks!
Welcome to the Forum Can never have too many ex Army folk here.
Old May 22nd 2010, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Martin Parker will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum. Always room for ex-forces!! I'm ex-RAF not Army like Ka-Ora.
Old May 23rd 2010, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

all4him is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All!
Will be living in Lyon soon so about to join the community
John
Old May 23rd 2010, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by all4him
Hello All!
John
Welcome to the Forum....
Old May 23rd 2010, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Martin Parker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by all4him
Hello All!
John
Hi and welcome
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

ballac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I hope I can find my place here.... Actually I am making the reverse experience than everybody else! I am French, born and raised over there but lived most of my adult life in the US and in the UK.
Now we are thinking about moving back to France and although we certainly won't have the same problems (we won't have any language issue and we know a little bit about the administrative maze), I would appreciate your help on how to find international schools or english-speaking groups/community.
We have 3 children who were born in the UK and are totally bilingual and it is quite important to us that they keep speaking English.
Anyway, I hope I don't "intrude" and that I can be of some help to you too!

Cheers

Helene
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by ballac
Hello,

I hope I can find my place here.... Actually I am making the reverse experience than everybody else! I am French, born and raised over there but lived most of my adult life in the US and in the UK.
Now we are thinking about moving back to France and although we certainly won't have the same problems (we won't have any language issue and we know a little bit about the administrative maze), I would appreciate your help on how to find international schools or english-speaking groups/community.
We have 3 children who were born in the UK and are totally bilingual and it is quite important to us that they keep speaking English.
Anyway, I hope I don't "intrude" and that I can be of some help to you too!

Cheers

Helene
Hi and welcome to the Forum, Where about's in France are you planning on repatriating your self too? Or is it based on Schooling.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Hi and welcome to the Forum, Where about's in France are you planning on repatriating your self too? Or is it based on Schooling.
Hello Ka Ora!

Hmm very good question... IF it was based only on schooling, it would have to be Paris (most of the internet researches lead there...), but we don't have the financial resources I'm afraid. We would like to stay in northern France (family and my husband would still be working for his British employer: easier to get back to the headquarters) So we are looking at either around Evreux (eure 27) or Compiègne (Oise 60).
I will probably open a new thread with questions about anglophone schools/groups/nannies/anything in these areas but I wanted to introduce myself first.
Thank you for the welcome
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by ballac
Hello Ka Ora!

Hmm very good question... IF it was based only on schooling, it would have to be Paris (most of the internet researches lead there...), but we don't have the financial resources I'm afraid. We would like to stay in northern France (family and my husband would still be working for his British employer: easier to get back to the headquarters) So we are looking at either around Evreux (eure 27) or Compiègne (Oise 60).
I will probably open a new thread with questions about anglophone schools/groups/nannies/anything in these areas but I wanted to introduce myself first.
Thank you for the welcome
Northern France, Thats in Kent right A dedicated thread is probably wise. We have a few few members the are further up rather than lower up Dont mind me the lower down water has gone to my head
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Northern France, Thats in Kent right A dedicated thread is probably wise. We have a few few members the are further up rather than lower up Dont mind me the lower down water has gone to my head
yeah, so just a small move then... We are in Surrey right now Where are you, lower down?
I'll open the thread, thanks!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

ExPatMat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, im a new member to the site, residing in Nice and have enjoyed reading through posts for quite a while, seemed prudent to join, nice to read how other Expats are doing and i look forward to sharing experiences and advice!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by ExPatMat
Hello, im a new member to the site, residing in Nice and have enjoyed reading through posts for quite a while, seemed prudent to join, nice to read how other Expats are doing and i look forward to sharing experiences and advice!
Welcome to the Forum, Should you get any issues give a shout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.