Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Apr 28th 2010, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Martin Parker will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Ah, you see, colour blinded you from the No1 service!!

Surprised by your comment about ex-service in France. It seems that every where I go there are ex forces down this way. There is even a guy I used to work with on 4Sqn just 20 minutes away!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 6:15 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Martin Parker
Ah, you see, colour blinded you from the No1 service!!

Surprised by your comment about ex-service in France. It seems that every where I go there are ex forces down this way. There is even a guy I used to work with on 4Sqn just 20 minutes away!
I havent come across any in the Midi Pyrenees, I did originally sign with the RAF after some confusion getting my training placement dates I transferred my application to a Armoured Regiment next door.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

kjs5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello from south west france
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by kjs5
Hello.
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

davesuet is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Originally Posted by jenny and charlie
Hello Everyone,
We are Jenny and Charlie Davies. We have lived permanantly in France since August 2008. We are in Auros, Gironde, not far from Bordeaux. We have bought a plot of land and are having a bungalow built as we speak. I am a retired Postwoman originating from East London and Charlie is a retired White Van delivery Man originating from Gloucester. Before we left England we were living in Harold Hill, Romford, Essex. I know we may be of the minority, but we are really enjoying our new life in France and know that we will not return to England to live. We brought our two retired, rescue Greyhounds with us as well.
Hi we are David & Susan and we live in Pembrokeshire we are due to retire in 18 months this is the first time we have submitted a post but would love to hear how you have found the building process in this area of France and the cost we have built four times in the UK and have looked up the planning procedures on the web but still find it rather a daunting task we plan to travel out in June to look at a few plots firstly around Argenton Sur Creuse then further south
Old May 5th 2010, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by davesuet
Hi we are David & Susan and we live in Pembrokeshire we are due to retire in 18 months this is the first time we have submitted a post but would love to hear how you have found the building process in this area of France and the cost we have built four times in the UK and have looked up the planning procedures on the web but still find it rather a daunting task we plan to travel out in June to look at a few plots firstly around Argenton Sur Creuse then further south
Welcome to the Forum, I spent many years in Camarthenshire and the only similarities here are the undulations on the horizon. And its very Green
Old May 9th 2010, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

When in Rome is an unknown quantity at this point

Newbie here, looking into a possible move to France, open to any advice (please!). Hello to everyone!!!
Old May 9th 2010, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

davesuet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Welcome to the Forum, I spent many years in Camarthenshire and the only similarities here are the undulations on the horizon. And its very Green
We moved to Pembrokeshire from carmarthenshire small village between Llanelli and Carmarthen we've been here thirteen years
Old May 10th 2010, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

may09041944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Originally Posted by kjs5
Hi

We are moving to France this year, we are retired and looking forward to a slower pace of life, but before that we have some decorating and garden to see to.
Can anyone come up with a list of things we need to do before we go.
Help.
Old May 10th 2010, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by davesuet
We moved to Pembrokeshire from carmarthenshire small village between Llanelli and Carmarthen we've been here thirteen years
I used to know a girl from Mynyddygarreg, Tidy she was.

Mind you I've known Tidy girls from other places too.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; May 10th 2010 at 2:27 pm.
Old May 15th 2010, 7:42 am
BRC
Just Joined

BRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really nice

Hi there, my husband & I have just moved to Rocamadour in the Lot in December, we're both from North Yorkshire but lived in Bristol and Wales for 3 years before moving out here. We're both bikers and have a few bikes here with us, although as I have just discovered I'm pregnant with twins, I think I'll be off the bike for a little while now!
Seems like a great site
Cheers,
Jen & James
Old May 15th 2010, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Hi Jen and James,

Welcome to the site. More bikers! Woohoo, we will have to sort out a bikers meet up in the Midi-Pyrenees!
Old May 15th 2010, 11:23 am
BRC
Just Joined

BRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really niceBRC is just really nice

Hi Jen and James,

Welcome to the site. More bikers! Woohoo, we will have to sort out a bikers meet up in the Midi-Pyrenees!
Thanks Yep a bikers meet sounds good definitely.
Jen
Old May 15th 2010, 5:15 pm

Hi Jen and James,

Here in Ariege we have a Moto Club Regular runs fair few English and French members.

Originally Posted by BRC
Hi there, my husband & I have just moved to Rocamadour in the Lot in December, we're both from North Yorkshire but lived in Bristol and Wales for 3 years before moving out here. We're both bikers and have a few bikes here with us, although as I have just discovered I'm pregnant with twins, I think I'll be off the bike for a little while now!
Seems like a great site
Cheers,
Jen & James
Welcome to the forum.... Yorkshire, Catterick Garrison brings back such fond memories.....

Last edited by Ka Ora!; May 15th 2010 at 5:19 pm.
Old May 15th 2010, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Here in Ariege we have a Moto Club Regular runs fair few English and French members.

Welcome to the forum.... Yorkshire, Catterick Garrison brings back such fond memories.....
I remember it as RAF Catterick!! Not that I was I Rockape you understand!

As well as the Ariege Moto Club, there is also Bike Club France, which is a fantastic resource of bike related information, as well as a social site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.