Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Got Control Technique What Now?

Got Control Technique What Now?

Old Sep 14th 2008, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Got Control Technique What Now?

Dunno but I did so I aint complaining, or questioning it.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 4:35 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Collioure_Bee
Dunno but I did so I aint complaining, or questioning it.
But it seems that a lot do question, why i say.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Elainelarkincarroll will become famous soon enoughElainelarkincarroll will become famous soon enough

I realise this is often discussed, but am tired and too lazy to search.

I got my control technique today, just sailed through, no new lights or anything, and now need to register in France for a French matriculation. What paperwork do they need and do you have to make an appointment? I understand I have to go to Ceret.
And what about insurance? My English insurance obviously won't cover my new number plate, but I can't insure with the French until I have a new number. Confusing.
A friend of mine did this last month and said that providing you've got the necessary from the DVLA and the car manufacturer (certificate of something) you get all the necessary forms from your Mairie and its a doddle. The insurance was slightly tricky, but apparently there was a company that did it for them (not sure who, they found the company on the web) and it was very straight forward. Good Luck!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a pretty little village near Thiviers off the N21
onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
Oh dear, have you forgiven her yet ?
The rules for headlights changed in January this year and stuck on bits will no longer do. It cost over 400€ to get my headlights changed (it would have cost more in England) but my French insurance company was very obliging.
You should change your insurance sdtraight axay to a French insurance if you haven't already done so. It is very simple to get the number changed on the insurance.
Incidentally please note that an English insurance company or even a multinational will not normally insure you knowingly for more than a month after you move here. Although your French insurance may state, as mine does, that it covers you in all European countries for all legal purposes it will not cover you for renewing your tax or an MOT in England.
P.S. Make sure you get your English headlights back from the garage. You never know whether you might return to England or want to sell your car back in England as RHD cars are virtually worthless over here.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

Car is insured in Franc so no problems with that one. My insurance covered me for 90 days continuous and if I went back to the UK for a day the 90 days started again.

My only problem is that I am at work all the hours the Marie and the Expots office in Ceret are open. I desperately want mu 66 plate though, then I can drive through London and stick my fingers up at the Kengestion Charge cameras LOL.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:02 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Car is insured in Franc so no problems with that one. My insurance covered me for 90 days continuous and if I went back to the UK for a day the 90 days started again.

My only problem is that I am at work all the hours the Marie and the Expots office in Ceret are open. I desperately want mu 66 plate though, then I can drive through London and stick my fingers up at the Kengestion Charge cameras LOL.
I was under the impression that those fines followed you now back to France.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

I thought foriegn plates were exempt from the Kengestion charge?
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:40 am
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

I thought foriegn plates were exempt from the Kengestion charge?
Pity you can not phone Ken and ask him,but then again Boris could find out if you ask him.

P.s. Spell Check says yes
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:09 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stanage2
Pity you can not phone Ken and ask him,but then again Boris could find out if you ask him.

P.s. Spell Check says yes
A+ for that one, Keep up the good work. Although a Link to Boris's website would not have gone a miss.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
A+ for that one, Keep up the good work. Although a Link to Boris's website would not have gone a miss.

Now do-not push itas stated before your the link man
Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry stanage, missed what you meant about the spell check saying yes.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:10 pm
Banned

Sorry stanage, missed what you meant about the spell check saying yes.
Please see post No39,
It was slip in for third person's eyes.