Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Got Control Technique What Now?

Got Control Technique What Now?

Old Aug 23rd 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Got Control Technique What Now?

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
That may be the case but we had a Mitubishi Colt when we moved to France and that did not need its lights changed. Pity the OH wrote it off a week later.
Sod's law that, cars always written off just after a full tank of petrol put in or new tyres put on etc.

I know of a couple of people that have told me that they didn't need them changing jdr so maybe they are not so strict anymore. I dunno, but don't care lol. I'm in the clear lol.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 8:19 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Collioure_Bee
Sod's law that, cars always written off just after a full tank of petrol put in or new tyres put on etc.

I know of a couple of people that have told me that they didn't need them changing jdr so maybe they are not so strict anymore. I dunno, but don't care lol. I'm in the clear lol.
Saying that, I know someones van that went through here with no wipers, he was told toput them on before the rainy season. lol
Old Aug 25th 2008, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

TinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really nice

And what about insurance? My English insurance obviously won't cover my new number plate, but I can't insure with the French until I have a new number. Confusing.
You can get French insurance on your UK number plate as long as you are in the process of re-registering. You then just need to let the insurance company know your new number when you get it.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

Cheers Tina. That's next then.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I bet you got flashed a lot by traffic coming in the other direction. lol

you should try it naked
Old Aug 25th 2008, 8:51 pm
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themoose

you should try it naked
Is that what you are doing in your avatar? (Only joking)
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed i am
except for some knee length wooly socks and boots. Only hoping no one wouldn't notice, you guys
Old Aug 27th 2008, 10:37 am
Just Joined

placo is a jewel in the roughplaco is a jewel in the roughplaco is a jewel in the roughplaco is a jewel in the rough

Cheers Ka, I'd be more liable to put it down to sheer blooming tiredness, lack of sleep and some long hours this week! But all us lazies look for an excuse lol.

Oh dear, not so sure I still have the receipt of sale, or any proof of import. It all seems a bit more complicated than I expected!
I have had to register 4 imported cars here so I have some experience. 3 were from UK. I didn't need the original bill of sale for two that I had bought second hand. Just took the UK registration document with my own name on as owner to the local Tax Office and got a certificate from there to say that the car I was importing was my own personal vehicle and that VAT hd been paid in UK.

The 3rd one was less then a year old so I had the original invoice, anyway. This one didn't need a Controle Technique before registration because it was less than 4 years old. So, it still has it's original UK lights.

The other 2 had to have new lights. Fortunately one of them was involved in some kind of car park bump and only the lights were damaged. These were replaced with new (continental) lights on the insurance! No excess payment necessary and didn't lose no-claim-bonus because damaged glass is replaced free on my policy.

Check your insurance. It might be worth having a slight accident!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Me do something dodgy placo? hehehe

Don't need the new lights and got me controle technique so off to the office in Ceret soon then. Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 10:21 am
Just Joined

BrianS will become famous soon enoughBrianS will become famous soon enough

What sort of car have you got? There are some headlight that can be adjusted to conform depending on make but the majority dip to the left which is why you need to change them.

Apparently French lights dip straight up and down which would explain why they only check the height and why you can drive in the UK without modifying the lights.

Bit late coming to this conversation but I am intrigued as to how you got the CT without changing the lights.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 10:59 am
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BrianS
What sort of car have you got? There are some headlight that can be adjusted to conform depending on make but the majority dip to the left which is why you need to change them.

Apparently French lights dip straight up and down which would explain why they only check the height and why you can drive in the UK without modifying the lights.

Bit late coming to this conversation but I am intrigued as to how you got the CT without changing the lights.
As the man said take to the test station
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stanage2
As the man said take to the test station
ooooh, welcome back Stan - wondered where you'd got to
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:13 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by val50
ooooh, welcome back Stan - wondered where you'd got to

Vacances.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stanage2
Vacances.
that's nice - you will have to start another thread and tell us all about it
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by val50
that's nice - you will have to start another thread and tell us all about it
Not my forte.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.