Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

A favourite French tv program?

A favourite French tv program?

Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

karunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to all
Default Re: A favourite French tv program?

I watched L'Amour est dans le Pré too
and Un Diner Presque Parfait
And all the météos I can
and tonight, the one to beat them all:
KOH-LANTA (Fr.1, Fridays 20.50)
"They were 16, but at the end (of the 3 months), only one will remain!"
16 candidates shipped to a tropical island, have to fend for themselves and compete with each other. Very tough, by the end, many have lost up to 20 kilos since they often have only coconut and crabs to eat, plus what they can find in the jungle/on the island. The present one takes place somewhere in the Philippines islands. Amazing scenery, always. If you have a survivalist streak, this is the programme for you!
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a pretty little village near Thiviers off the N21
onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A favourite French tv program?

I like the French news. I like the little maps which show where it's all happening, often just a visit to a local market or fête or something similar but it helps with my French geography which was non-existent. I also like the fact that it doesn't seem as gruesome as the English news headlines these days.
Another favourite is 'Racines et Ailes' (Roots and Wings) which is a sort of extended National Geographic type of programme covering everything from visits to French or Portuguese speaking communities in India to the work of the architect of Versailles. Thalassa, which covers some aspect of life realated to the sea is also good.
And then there's the rugby. Am not impressed with the French football team, neither is anyone else from what I gather but my man friend has turned me on (?) to the French rugby matches.